Saddest Song Contest

In the spirit of all things depressing, pessimistic, and gray - let's have a sad song contest!

Post a song or two you think is the most tear-jerking (is that a legit word?) you've ever heard.

I can think of lots, but the one I have in mind right now is the song Charlotte the spider sings before she dies in Charlotte's Web. It gets me nearly every time, even despite it being a kid's cartoon movie:

Charlotte's Web - Mother Earth and Father Time - YouTube

This other song from The Rescuers also gets me pretty bad:

Walt Disney's The Rescuers: "Someone's Waiting for You" (Shelby Flint) [with Enhanced Color] - YouTube

I'm such a sap :crying:

So, post yours and we can all decide who's winning as we go.

Hmm, hmmmm... some good ones here. "Mad World" has definitely got to be in the Top 20 all-time saddest songs.

"Hurt" - the Johnny Cash cover version - is pretty darn sad, too. Watching the video of him in his last days while he sings that song is pretty moving. But I'm a Cash fan so I'm biased :)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I can think of lots, but the one I have in mind right now is the song Charlotte the spider sings before she dies in Charlotte's Web. It gets me nearly every time, even despite it being a kid's cartoon movie:

Charlotte's Web - Mother Earth and Father Time - YouTube

This other song from The Rescuers also gets me pretty bad:

Walt Disney's The Rescuers: "Someone's Waiting for You" (Shelby Flint) [with Enhanced Color] - YouTube

I'm such a sap :crying:

So, post yours and we can all decide who's winning as we go.

Since you're in the kid's cartoon movie thematic, you forgot this scene from Dumbo......

Dumbo - Baby of Mine - YouTube