sad :(

Lamb

Did your boyfriend relay this information to you, or was the dad within ear shot? Also, is he aware of what you struggle with- and did your boyfriend reply to him?

greggy

Firstly he had no right to label you as unworthy for your bf, the only thing that is important is what your bf thinks about you, and whathe said about being the marreige counciler should just confirm that you shouldn't be around him.

LazyHermitCrab

So... he didn't say anything to that person? He didn't defend you? :idontknow:

He said that I was busy with school and helping my friend with her wedding. It's just that he didn't say "oh okay" he just kept commenting on my quietness. I'm just thinking okay I'm quiet but it doesn't make me or someone else less of a person.

LazyHermitCrab

Firstly he had no right to label you as unworthy for your bf, the only thing that is important is what your bf thinks about you, and whathe said about being the marreige counciler should just confirm that you shouldn't be around him.

Yeah he will def not be my marriage counselor lol. :)

LazyHermitCrab

When I first read your post, I thought you said "your boyfriends father" but as he is just a friend of the family, I would completely disregard his vindictive comments. Some people do mistaken quietness for being stuck up, and I wouldn't be surprised if that’s how he perceives you. And as such, you could be making him feel insecure about himself, and his way of regaining superiority would be to say these spiteful comments to your boyfriend.

Yeah I think you're right. I'll try to talk more though. I knew he was pissed when I said I wasn't going to his house and walked away because I didn't want him to ask me awkward questions. I also didn't sleep the night before and don't usually on the weekends which changes me a bit. I just like to go where I please and not have to seem rude for doing so. I don't like having a schedule to be at someone's place every week either... x.x

LazyHermitCrab

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. I've been thinking about it a lot and talking about it with other perspectives help. :)