Review this illustration website.

Moa

Wow, that was really cool! I especially liked the intro animation. But I felt the gray on black text was kind of hard to read, maybe use a lighter shade of gray?

Sora

it's awesome! very nice and clean. I have no issue with the gray but I know some will as it's quite dark. Some good grays I have found are #666666, #99999, #CCCCCC if you want to try them and see what they are like :)

You could always try making the font a touch larger so the gray is easier to read, however personally I have no issues and I like it.

EDIT: Is that ajax on your portfolio page? Did you code this yourself or was it a wordpress plugin?

Last edited:

Checkonit22

it's awesome! very nice and clean. I have no issue with the gray but I know some will as it's quite dark. Some good grays I have found are #666666, #99999, #CCCCCC if you want to try them and see what they are like :)

You could always try making the font a touch larger so the gray is easier to read, however personally I have no issues and I like it.

EDIT: Is that ajax on your portfolio page? Did you code this yourself or was it a wordpress plugin?

Yeah i think that #ccc should work well on my dark site. Bigger font. Never thought of that. I guess one point up wouldn't hurt.

Oh Yeah I think its ajax it uses an xml of the images. Yup. it's a plug in.

Sora

Yeah i think that #ccc should work well on my dark site. Bigger font. Never thought of that. I guess one point up wouldn't hurt.

Oh Yeah I think its ajax it uses an xml of the images. Yup. it's a plug in.

No probs, I use dark backgrounds a lot so I am quite familiar with my grays and whites lol.

Ah great, I have only just got into wordpress, absolutely loving it. Glad to know this is a plugin, could you tell me the name of it? :)

Checkonit22

No probs, I use dark backgrounds a lot so I am quite familiar with my grays and whites lol.

Ah great, I have only just got into wordpress, absolutely loving it. Glad to know this is a plugin, could you tell me the name of it? :)

Of course. It's a very good plugin. It is always updating (unlike others). It's called NextGen gallery and this is the link: WordPress › NextGEN Gallery WordPress Plugins

I love wordpress and webdesigning. I had a portfolio of all my sites from college, but since I graduated, there wasn't a need to keep them since I found a web desing job. So, I know I shouldn't have taken them down -but I think I have a back up of them...somewhere.

If you need help with web-designing.Let me know. I can give you my email address if you like.

Sora

Of course. It's a very good plugin. It is always updating (unlike others). It's called NextGen gallery and this is the link: WordPress › NextGEN Gallery WordPress Plugins

I love wordpress and webdesigning. I had a portfolio of all my sites from college, but since I graduated, there wasn't a need to keep them since I found a web desing job. So, I know I shouldn't have taken them down -but I think I have a back up of them...somewhere.

If you need help with web-designing.Let me know. I can give you my email address if you like.

Thanks for the plugin link, definitely installing this one! :)
Sure, that would be great. Are you more of a programmer than designer or...?

I am more of a designer, really struggle when it comes to doing anything fancy programming wise :( I want to be able to so I hope I can learn. I don't like the idea of a job, wanna do it all myself if I can keep it up but it's proving hard to make an income were I can afford to live alone at the moment.

Checkonit22

Thanks for the plugin link, definitely installing this one! :)
Sure, that would be great. Are you more of a programmer than designer or...?

I am more of a designer, really struggle when it comes to doing anything fancy programming wise :( I want to be able to so I hope I can learn. I don't like the idea of a job, wanna do it all myself if I can keep it up but it's proving hard to make an income were I can afford to live alone at the moment.

I'm a Web Design Developer, which is pretty much maintaining a website. I'm on the production end but there's there's a little bit of everything from designing, to programming.

You live in the UK? I was born there :) It's like 2am local time isn't it? lol

Anyway - I sent you a friend request so I can send you my email address through there.

Dark_Angel

Wow nice site! congrats im learning webdesign too bymy self but im doing it with the rivalry i mean with joomla =P lolz anyways very nice draws and also webstyle i liked soo much the head side with the dynamic image like a rubik cube =P idk how to do it but its soo nice =) btw congrats again

Checkonit22

Wow nice site! congrats im learning webdesign too bymy self but im doing it with the rivalry i mean with joomla =P lolz anyways very nice draws and also webstyle i liked soo much the head side with the dynamic image like a rubik cube =P idk how to do it but its soo nice =) btw congrats again

Thanks. It's not my illustrations but I did the entire webdesign. Do you usually change your website with different designs?

I'm constantly doing so. That's why im asking for reviews on this site. I want to change it but everyone seems to like the way it is. ::p:

Sora

I'm a Web Design Developer, which is pretty much maintaining a website. I'm on the production end but there's there's a little bit of everything from designing, to programming.

You live in the UK? I was born there :) It's like 2am local time isn't it? lol

Anyway - I sent you a friend request so I can send you my email address through there.

Yup in the UK and it's now 3am :p
Great, looking forward to discussing things with you! :)

Sora

I'm constantly doing so. That's why im asking for reviews on this site. I want to change it but everyone seems to like the way it is. ::p:

What would you want to change it to? (you got a working preview?) Maybe if you show both we can vote on the best :D

Also, where did you used to live in the UK?

Checkonit22

What would you want to change it to? (you got a working preview?) Maybe if you show both we can vote on the best :D

Also, where did you used to live in the UK?

Sent you a PM with my email. We can also use a messenger to chat, because I don't usually come here that after. More like, every few months.

I already have a photoshop screenshot of the updated version Im working. I work on screenshots first to have a mind of what it would look like before coding.

I'll email it to you if you like for feedback. :)

Sora

Thank you. It guess that after constantly looking at it all the time, like everyday makes it boring to the designer.

I have the same problem, one website I spent months on, by time I launched it I wanted a new design haha

Sora

Sent you a PM with my email. We can also use a messenger to chat, because I don't usually come here that after. More like, every few months.

I already have a photoshop screenshot of the updated version Im working. I work on screenshots first to have a mind of what it would look like before coding.

I'll email it to you if you like for feedback. :)

Got it :) Have replied to you!