rate the last film you watched

I am a fine toothed comb type of fan when its a beloved book now movie type of situation, it took me years to accept the harry potter movies because of the changes they made :LOL:. But for situations like the one you mentioned I try and chalk it up to youth/scared/adrenaline response/ too honest or innocent to think of that in the moment type of things, it makes it easier to accept :LOL:
It's funny you use Harry Potter as an example, as I remember when the first one came out (and I was about 11) I was so upset at the minute differences between the movie and the books I vowed out of 11-year-old rage never to watch another Harry Potter movie after that. Now as a more flexible, understanding fan I can appreciate a book adaptation that deviates greatly from the specifics of a book, but my stubbornness has refused to allow me to go back on that vow I made as an 11 year old, and I still haven't watched any Harry Potter movie except the first. My nerd rage from back then was so strong it has transcended time to the point of arbitrary ridiculousness :p

LoyalXenite

It's funny you use Harry Potter as an example, as I remember when the first one came out (and I was about 11) I was so upset at the minute differences between the movie and the books I vowed out of 11-year-old rage never to watch another Harry Potter movie after that. Now as a more flexible, understanding fan I can appreciate a book adaptation that deviates greatly from the specifics of a book, but my stubbornness has refused to allow me to go back on that vow I made as an 11 year old, and I still haven't watched any Harry Potter movie except the first. My nerd rage from back then was so strong it has transcended time to the point of arbitrary ridiculousness :p
That is very understandable, it took me years to finish the movies and I hated them quite a bit, it was actually only in the last few years that I could enjoy them and a big part of that is because of all the memes about them :LOL:

I try to be a more understanding fan, but I remain a harsh critic when its a book adaptation of any books that I loved. I have to try and trick myself into watching the film first then reading the books (did this with hunger games and I love both the films and books - though the books are of course superior)

Phoenixx

The Umbrella Academy (Season 2) - 9/10

The first season was good, but the second season was even better. Racism, cultural differences, coups, murders, wars, more secrets, new abilities, more family (???), alien dad (???), and time traveling galore. That's all I'm saying. Talk about a wild trip, and I'm ready for the next one. (y) And that soundtrack? Freaking amazing! :love:

LoyalXenite

The first season was good, but the second season was even better. Racism, cultural differences, coups, murders, wars, more secrets, new abilities, more family (???), alien dad (???), and time traveling galore. That's all I'm saying. Talk about a wild trip, and I'm ready for the next one. (y) And that soundtrack? Freaking amazing! :love:

I love that show! And loved the latest season! Who is your favourite?