Question to females

no1

Banned
I don't agree :p

Actually.. it just sucks to have such a craving .. I can confuse looking for inner unity in external manifestations of "unity".

this_portrait

Good luck finding a woman who is willing to respect those needs of yours, Argamemnon.

If there's one thing I hate about most human beings, moreso with women than with men, it's that they're so Goddamn needy. So needy that they don't even want to let their partners spend even a little time alone. I can imagine how they would feel if their partners wanted a lot of time alone.

Makes me glad that I'm single. . .

Fairy001

I don't agree :p

Actually.. it just sucks to have such a craving .. I can confuse looking for inner unity in external manifestations of "unity".

I think you are describing a need for comfort? That is very human, and comfort works.

Peace

P.S. Hey Krs2snow:)

Carol

I'm married, and it works just fine. Everybody needs SOME time alone. My husband has spent many evenings alone in the garage, working on stuff, while I stay inside and also spend time alone. I think that the desire to be together all the time is only there at the beginning of a relationship. After that, you still want some time together but you also want time apart. That's normal.

recluse

I also need a lot of ''me'' time. I've got so used to being alone that i fear that if i did get into a relationship i would loose that freedom. I need someone who can accept that i can't handle a lot of social interaction.

Satine

If I'm ever going to be in a relationship, the woman has to accept that I will need to spend lots of time alone. She would be sitting alone in another room for hours and shouldn't have a problem with this. Also, I definitely don't want to sleep in the same bed, except when having sex. Do you think there are women willing to accept this? I mean this is pretty extreme, isn't it? I'm certainly not relationship/marriage material. Would anyone accept a man like that?

Sounds like your best aim would be for a relationship in which you two never moved in together. I suspect most women would feel hurt by the above if you lived with her, but if you live separately (and I've seen that done before), you might well get what you're after.

thor01

This might be straying from the point a bit, but reading it made the thought come into my head, the fact that sleeping in the same bed as a female I like, without having sex, to me at the minute would be almost, or as satisfying in a way as actually having sex.

Hocuspocus

I was married for 7 years, got divorced, then lived with someone for 5 years. There were times during both relationships where i'd have quite happily sat in another room and slept in a separate bed! However, i do think it'd be hard for you to find a woman who would want that all the time.
Without sounding derogatory i think you would change the way you feel if you were with the right person. If the chemistry between you was right it's very likely you'd crave that type of intimacy.

Smiley face

Wow, dude. I'm the exact same way. I also HATE talking. I just HATE having to mobilize my vocal cords. I have a gf and I tell her all the time that I'm not like her and that I need time alone. She goes and spends time with my siblings and everything turns out peachy :) maybe if there was somebody to take her off your hands for a while it would help you-just make sure it's not a dude that is close to your age (cause that's how I got my gf).

shygirly

If someone truly loves you they will accept your quirks. I actually understand the sleeping alone thing.I need my space!

I dont think so man. It sounds cruel. You need to work on this cause if I knew a woman like this I wouldnt like it happening to me.

xSleepy

i use to feel that way. that if i had a bf i would need a lot of alone time. of course i would think that, ive spent a lot of my life alone or around people who i really didnt like. so it would take awhile to adjust to being around someone for a long time... youre just not used to it.

I think if you are just casually dating someone (not a serious relationship) and they wanted to spend allll their time with you, then that would probably suck, it would make me uncomfortable. I would definitely need my space.

But when youre crazy in love with someone you'll want to spend all your time with them. Being away from them for like 5 mins would be hard. as the relationship continues you might start to want some time alone.
in my opinion and from my experience, things are seriously a lot different when you are in love with someone.
And if we had been together for a while and we had a good, secure, trusting relationship, I wouldnt mind giving my bf some time to himself. He can go read and i'll watch tv in another room... no big deal.

But again, this is just my opinion you dont have to agree with it. kbai

sabbath9

Banned
If I'm ever going to be in a relationship, the woman has to accept that I will need to spend lots of time alone. She would be sitting alone in another room for hours and shouldn't have a problem with this. Also, I definitely don't want to sleep in the same bed, except when having sex. Do you think there are women willing to accept this? I mean this is pretty extreme, isn't it? I'm certainly not relationship/marriage material. Would anyone accept a man like that?

Everybody needs alone time. Can you have sex while you're sleeping? ;)

My wife and I have separate bedrooms, but most of the time we're together in the computer room or living room. On occasion she or I will need alone time to read, study, whatever. If having your own room as an adult is extreme then we're extreme(ly happy).

Last edited: