Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
they're able accept me as the necrotic homemaker that I am.

200.webp

Having roommates is the worst, Sarah. Of course, I always had crappy ones. I had a refrigerator Nazi and the guy who needs a wingman every weekend... and then worst of all... my brother; king slob of loser mountain.
That’s so crappy! Slobs are the worst - they just keep creating messes they never clean, so you feel obligated to clean them because you don’t want confrontation, but get irritated and tired of always cleaning so you give up and the house is always disgusting. I have anxiety when it comes to germs, especially mouth germs, so having really clean dishes is important to me and I am the only one who cleans them well enough because we don’t have a dishwasher. It’s sort of a nightmare.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Wait, are you saying having dead skin all over doesn't sound like the ideal roommate? :unsure:

What I meant to say was, of course, was neurotic which is much better. I mean, I should put this description on a craigslist ad and just wait for the roomie requests to flood in.

Wikipedia said:
Neuroticism is one of the Big Five higher-order personality traits in the study of psychology. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than average to be moody and to experience such feelings as anxiety, worry, fear, anger, frustration, envy, jealousy, guilt, depressed mood, and loneliness

(for some reason, I was not expecting the actual definition to be so spot on despite me constantly using the word to describe myself)

Last edited:
they're able accept me as the necrotic homemaker that I am.

Wait, are you saying having dead skin all over doesn't sound like the ideal roommate? :unsure:

What I meant to say was, of course, was neurotic which is much better. I mean, I should put this description on a craigslist ad and just wait for the roomie requests to flood in.

These posts between the both of you just totally cracked me up!!
I am having such a horrible day, I really needed an hysterical rotfl. Thank you vj, and Fountain. :D (y)

I live with my sister, her husband, and my nephew. This house is really small for 4 people, we don’t have a dishwasher, it’s always dirty, I never get to be alone or watch what I want to watch etc. I don’t do well in communal living situations unless they live similarly to me. No one here has the same standards of cleanliness or courtesy as me (except my sister) and it’s frustrating. Bottom line: I just need to live alone lol.
I always feel guilty that I prefer to live alone.
If I don't get to have my alone time every day, then I turn into a not-very-pleasant person to be around.

As a few of us have stated a dire need to have alone time, in quite a few posts above, it makes me wonder if this is a side affect of having SA? :unsure:
Or is it the other way around, and it's that introverts have a high chance of developing SA???:unsure:

LoyalXenite

I always feel guilty that I prefer to live alone.
If I don't get to have my alone time every day, then I turn into a not-very-pleasant person to be around.

As a few of us have stated a dire need to have alone time, in quite a few posts above, it makes me wonder if this is a side affect of having SA? :unsure:
Or is it the other way around, and it's that introverts have a high chance of developing SA???:unsure:

I'd say its a side effect, social crap is so stressful and exhausting when youve got SA that its just gotta be comforting and preferable to have your own safe space

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
If you were quite rich, do you think you'd be so affected by SA/ mental health problems?

Me, all it would mean was I could care less about the general stresses and I could be as eccentric as I wanted!

Oh the fun I would have.. :LOL:

LoyalXenite

If you were quite rich, do you think you'd be so affected by SA/ mental health problems?

Me, all it would mean was I could care less about the general stresses and I could be as eccentric as I wanted!

Oh man I would probably never leave the house, everything would be delivered, I'd have a playground built for the dogs to play in, a library and video game room and various things like that to amuse me. It'd be heaven and I'd never leave my property or deal with people in person again (except the maid who cleans for me and the gardener who maintains the lawns and my mates who I play dnd with :LOL::LOL:)

LoyalXenite

In actuality I'd still be a mess, but it would help a lot with general anxiety to not have to be constantly worried about being on the edge of poverty or potentially ending up homeless again. Financial security is such a luxury to me that the concept feels like it would make such a huge difference in my life