Post your picture thread - the debate

Are you for or against having a "Post your picture thread" or similar thread?

• For/Support

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Unsure/Undecided/Neutral/Both/Neither

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Against/Reject

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WishingICould

I think he just likes arguing for arguments sake. First he said people's pictures can "slip through the cracks", his words, then the next minute he's saying it's impossible for people to not see other people's pictures. He contradicts himself just to be argumentative, in my opinion. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt when he doesn't give anyone that?

1BlackSheep

I think he just likes arguing for arguments sake. First he said people's pictures can "slip through the cracks", his words, then the next minute he's saying it's impossible for people to not see other people's pictures. He contradicts himself just to be argumentative, in my opinion. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt when he doesn't give anyone that?
I think he was trying to give the benefit of the doubt there, something you don't seem to be able to do...

I'm done. This just isn't worth it! :kickingmyself:

Last edited:
Looks matters, such is dictated by our nature.

We are also capable of coherent and considered thought; we're not (blind) slaves to instinct. And so, we can appreciate a picture for motives other then appearance of the subject in question.

The ''Post your Picture thread'' isn't a looks contest unless you believe it to be one. You can appreciate one's look without being attracted to them. ''Oh this is that member - now I know what he/she looks like. Neat.''

We are not mind readers, and therefore cannot judge as to why people don't comment. It's an assumption not fact.

The social convention of the poster ends after the original post has been made, unless otherwise specified. While a nice gesture, nobody owes anyone anything. A compliment should be considered a bonus, not approval or acceptance.

Were this a case of narcissism (which I doubt it is), why not let them? We of all people should not be dictating how anyone should lead their life. We don't like that crap either. If they want to be self involved/narcissistic, if they don't hurt anyone, all the power to them.

Disagreements are not an excuse to gang up on people. We are a community of people in need of guidance and help. We should not assume someone isn't in need of that just because a person is; outspoken -- well worded -- controversial -- sure of his/her ways -- stubborn. We're powerful in numbers, and we shouldn't abuse such power.

This debate has gone on for 23 pages, each containing 10 posts. meaning there's approximately 230 posts. Perhaps it's time that we as community decide to agree to disagree on this adult adoption of 'Is not, is so'. There are also members that get extremely uncomfortable because of this sort of debate.

AGR

Personally I like telling girls that they are beautiful and I am saying truthfully everytime,if this wasnt allowed it would be no fun:sad:,try it out yourself as a male to make a girl feel beautiful is awesome specially if she has low self steem and stuff,also there are pics that I was to unconfortable or intimidated to say it for one reason or another,so it doesnt mean that I dont find them beautiful.

WishingICould

I think he was trying to give the benefit of the doubt there, something you don't seem to be able to do...

I'm done. This just isn't worth it! :kickingmyself:

Thanks for removing me as a friend. Real mature. It's nice to know that you get excluded if you don't agree with the more popular members on here.

1BlackSheep

Thanks for removing me as a friend. Real mature. It's nice to know that you get excluded if you don't agree with the more popular members on here.
Well, not that it's anyone's business, but I did send you a nice PM which you never responded to and you also don't seem very open minded (in fact, very negative and argumentative), so I suppose that's my perogative! It's quite immature of you to bring the matter public, which only confirms my decision.

And when did I become "popular"? That's news to me because I don't feel that way AT ALL! In fact, quite the opposite.

Last edited:

WishingICould

Well, not that it's anyone's business, but I did send you a nice PM which you never responded to and also don't seem very open minded, so I suppose that's my perogative! It's very immature of you to bring the matter public, which only confirms my decision.

You deleted me because I didn't respond to a PM? More like because I don't agree with Kia. Very sad. I guess Kia is getting what he wants and I'm betting he's loving the fact that people are arguing. Sometimes I read PM's and forget to respond, it happens. But, like I said, that's not the reason you deleted me. Oh well, I'm not going to change my opinions just to be liked on here. I've done that enough in real life.

When I said "popular", I meant Kia. It's fine though, you're just one more person who dislikes me on here.

Last edited:

1BlackSheep

You deleted me because I didn't respond to a PM? More like because I don't agree with Kia. Very sad. I guess Kia is getting what he wants and I'm betting he's loving the fact that people are arguing. Sometimes I read PM's and forget to respond, it happens. But, like I said, that's not the reason you deleted me. Oh well, I'm not going to change my opinions just to be liked on here. I've done that enough in real life.

When I said "popular", I meant Kia. It's fine though, you're just one more person who dislikes me on here.
I've tried to like you but your negativity is getting in the way. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

ImNotMyIllness

It pains me to see my two friends BlackSheep and IWishICould argue. I would like to mediate the matter by offering you two beautiful ladies a bubble bath with champagne. Actually, all SPW ladies are invited. If there isn't enough room, I will humbly offer my lap. My intentions are purely nobel (as I see it).
I also offer the following services:

-Crisis Management
-Massage Therapy
-Pet Refinancing 3-5yrs.

The waters warm! Hop in!

21NZ

I Always thought the purpose of this "post you picture thread" was to have the courage to post a picture of yourself as a sort of small step in the right direction (getting over SA or fear of what people think of you) it's never been "hey look at me" or "how good looking am I" the comments may be a bonus for some but i doubt in the long run they have any permanent self esteem boosting qualities... what you have to realise when your posting a picture is that you should be doing it for yourself, no one else. the comments whether there Positive, negative (unlikely) or lacking... it should be irrelevant to you, this is for YOU ONLY don't post otherwise because it wont help you in anyway, the nice comments will be short lived.. and if you didn't get a response you wanted (which is very likely) since you have psyched yourself up to do it! telling yourself all sorts.. expecting people with there own problems to comment in a way that you perceived to be nice / complementary.. you will just upset yourself and further increase you problems.

the idea of beauty is so different person to person, culture to culture .... someone will always think your good looking and others wont... the idea of what is beautiful or not is so completely different, vague and vast in this world that in fact it's pointless even to worry about.

I think kia shouldn't have brought this up (if it was him? i haven't read everything...) a lot of people with SA are also hyper sensitive (including me) and nothing helpful could have come from the point he was trying to make, other then to close this well intended thread.

My theory:
as for the girls getting more comments then the guys it probably has more to do with the demographics and human nature. i bet the ratio of guys to girls here is at least 2/1 or most likely a lot more then that (7/1) and people tend to comment on the opposite sex more often, especially when it comes to looks (regardless on how they actually look) and obviously to the people they know, like the regulars here)

i could be wrong about all of this but i just thought i'd share my thoughts on the matter (something i rarely do) play nice guys :)

1BlackSheep

It pains me to see my two friends BlackSheep and IWishICould argue. I would like to mediate the matter by offering you two beautiful ladies a bubble bath with champagne. Actually, all SPW ladies are invited. If there isn't enough room, I will humbly offer my lap. My intentions are purely nobel (as I see it).
I also offer the following services:

-Crisis Management
-Massage Therapy
-Pet Refinancing 3-5yrs.

The waters warm! Hop in!
I'm over it! Party on! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.