Post your picture thread - the debate

Are you for or against having a "Post your picture thread" or similar thread?

• For/Support

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Unsure/Undecided/Neutral/Both/Neither

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Against/Reject

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where the comments are mostly being directed at.

I often get the feeling that people don't like admitting or thinking about things too much because the harsh truths about the world makes us come to some kind of realization about the way things really are. If you don't care about looks - then that's fine, but the rest of the world does. The point of all this is not to expose insecurity or to be cruel - or to force conformity... but I seriously think that sometimes people just want to live in a safe little bubble that coddles and protects at any expense - looks do matter - in more ways than people want to really admit - in the real world and on here. Personally, I think it is more damaging to not acknowledge and discuss heated topics like this - because if we did, then we would have to actually think about everyone instead.

Jaysus you're like a dog with a bone. You've offended a lot of people, made personal attacks on the mods, contradicted yourself three times by my counting and now you want to blame the man and the system, dude you have a massive chip on your shoulder and you need to give up trying to hang your insecurities on others. Furthermore you need to consider the fact that is you that is uncomfortable with a bit of bleedin' peace. I think you're a very angry man and I know full well you'd talk the ears off all of us with any excuse to argue about anything. I think you'd be wise to leave this one lye though.

KiaKaha

Banned
All I did was say that looks matter and made a true observation how attractive people get more comments - which was denied because some people don't seem to want to admit this fact - and it got moved onto a different thread.

Because its not a fact, its a rant your on and it wreaks of passive aggression. You need to sort it out for your own good. It's not the world v kia. Its a support forum. Why is it always everyone v you? Think about it.

WishingICould

All I did was say that looks matter and made a true observation how attractive people get more comments - which was denied because some people don't seem to want to admit this fact - and it got moved onto a different thread.

People never denied looks don't matter. They were saying that on THAT PARTICULAR THREAD people's pictures may get overlooked because of the speed in which the thread gets updated. You, of course, disagreed with that and said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to miss someone's picture and that we were all in denial. Maybe, just maybe, you were wrong Kia. I know that's a new concept for you.

KiaKaha

Banned
Jaysus you're like a dog with a bone. You've offended a lot of people, made personal attacks on the mods, contradicted yourself three times by my counting and now you want to blame the man and the system, dude you have a massive chip on your shoulder and you need to give up trying to hang your insecurities on others. Furthermore you need to consider the fact that is you that is uncomfortable with a bit of bleedin' peace. I think you're a very angry man and I know full well you'd talk the ears off all of us with any excuse to argue about anything. I think you'd be wise to leave this one lye though.

I am not angry at all actually. But I don't live in lala land.
And I certainly don't concede just to fit in.
Moderators are just people like me and you - they are not anything special, and I will speak it if I feel they are out of line (such as condescending remarks) just how they will with anyone else here.

But perhaps you are right jewel. Looks dont matter - at all - ever - everything is absolutely balanced.

Makes perfect sense.

1BlackSheep

I am not angry at all actually. But I don't live in lala land.
And I certainly don't concede just to fit in.
Exactly! It would be nice if people got a grip on that instead jumping on the lynch mob bandwagon because they disagree (or perhaps because they've never experienced it).

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
People never denied looks don't matter. They were saying that on THAT PARTICULAR THREAD people's pictures may get overlooked because of the speed in which the thread gets updated. You, of course, disagreed with that and said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to miss someone's picture and that we were all in denial. Maybe, just maybe, you were wrong Kia. I know that's a new concept for you.

People do deny that looks don't matter. And granted while it may be possible that pictures may be missed, it is funny how attractive females pictures are never missed. Wonder why that is. I just find it difficult to believe that one of the most popular threads on the forum 'some' pictures are missed.

coyote

chememe.jpg

I think a little bit of respect and appreciation for the unpaid work the mods do here is appropriate and especially in your case. They've made special attempts to help you and give you insight in the past and you've been rude as feck to them in response, not cool.

Personally I think you just need a good old fashioned kick up the arse. You like fighting too much. Plenty of people here to be kind and sugar coat it for you, agree with whatever the argument of the day is with you, but truth is you like arguing. You have the anger, it doesn't matter what the topic is. You want to talk about the man and the system and blah blah. And when you said what you said at the start of this, you knew full well that your comment was going to upset a lot of people and you knew it wasn't true. You've contradicted yourself a load of times just to keep it going. Just face it, your interest is in the arguing, not the topic. Maybe join a debate team?:idontknow:

WishingICould

People do deny that looks don't matter. And granted while it may be possible that pictures may be missed, it is funny how attractive females pictures are never missed. Wonder why that is. I just find it difficult to believe that one of the most popular threads on the forum 'some' pictures are missed.

Why did you think it was appropriate to say that on a picture thread that insecure people with anxiety are posting on? Did you think that would make people feel good about themselves? I personally believe you say these things to cause trouble. This whole "I'm just being honest" thing doesn't wash with me.

1BlackSheep

Maybe you're looking at it from the wrong angle. I don't think his intent was to make anyone feel bad, but rather to point out that all of the comments the more attractive (or even "popular") people get (and think we've established that this does occur - like it or not) can make people who don't get as many comments (or no comments at all) feel bad. Perhaps his comment had the opposite effect, but to say that his intent was evil or to cause trouble is completely ridiculous! I totally get where he's coming from and took no offense.

Telling people that they need a kick in the ass or are liars doesn't exactly seem productive on a social anxiety forum either...

Last edited:

WishingICould

Maybe you're looking at it from the wrong angle. I don't think his intent was to make anyone feel bad, but rather to point out that all of the comments the more attractive (or even "popular") people get (and think we've established that this does occur - like it or not) can make people who don't get as many comments (or no comments at all) feel bad. Perhaps his comment had the opposite effect, but to say that his intent was evil or to cause trouble is completely ridiculous! I totally get where he's coming from and took no offense.

It didn't seem that way to me. I don't remember him ever mentioning people's feelings in any of his posts. All he cared about was being right. I don't think people saying he's trying to cause trouble is ridiculous at all.

1BlackSheep

It didn't seem that way to me. I don't remember him ever mentioning people's feelings in any of his posts. All he cared about was being right. I don't think people saying he's trying to cause trouble is ridiculous at all.
Well, maybe you need to get to know him a little better then because he's actually a really good guy who does care a lot about people. He's more of a realist, which is not necessarily a bad thing! And he has said a number of times that he didn't mean to offend anyone, so maybe try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.