Post your favorite resturants!

Where would you rather eat at?

• Total voters

Devoured

The Pickle Barrel
250px-PickleBarrel.jpg

Wraps, sammies and fries!

I used to love going to The Pickle Barrel at the Eaton Centre when i was younger. It's been so long that I don't even know if it's still there.

WeirdyMcGee

This one looks like brains, but it could be tasty mmm! ::p:

haha- it's curry chicken pad thai

And I'm pretty sure it's still there, Devoured-- they may have moved locations but that Pickle Barrel was ALWAYS packed whenever I'd walk by. The Eaton Centre/Atrium location was the busiest, I think.

superario

filippi.jpg

My favorite Italian restaurant (and possibly my all time restaurant ever - so far) is a cozy little place called Filippi's Pizza Grotto in the Little Italy district of San Diego, CA. There's a few of these places scattered around but nothing beats the original. It's very authentic. I like the fact how to get inside the restaurant you have to make your way through a crowded Italian market. And my favorite part is how they've got chianti bottles hanging from the ceiling and decorating the walls everywhere. You buy the bottle, drink it, and write whatever you want. They hang it up. There's hundreds of them. It's an interesting sight.

Usually I order some fettuccini alfredo or ravioli.

Last edited:

constance

Around where I live & when I'm craving for some seafood, we have a fast but fresh food restaurant called Wahoo's Fish Tacos. I think they're a great alternative to burgers. I love topping them w their salsas, green sauces & guac so much flavor....mmm. me. want. :p

4895676957_42fcd3c08f_z.jpg

Phoenixx

This place is just fantastic:

2eq5p8l.jpg

It's about a half hour away from where I live. I'd eat there every single day if I could! They make the best Texas Hots and they even make there own vanilla coke (Yes, homemade. :D). The Texas Hot sauce is so good and so unique tasting, I can't describe it. I really wish I knew the recipe, but it's top secret.

And for those of you who don't know what a Texas Hot is:
30ikmwx.jpg

MaliceInWickedland

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.
They mainly serve American food. Their baked potatoes are massive and good. They also have wedge-cut fries that I absolutely love. The best part about this place are their Pizookies. It's basically a cookie crust with scoops of ice cream and whipped cream on top - pure deliciousness! The Oreo Pizookie is the best IMO, but that's coming from an Oreo fiend so not everyone can agree with me on that. But seriously now, just looking at this sexcellent concoction makes me drool.

2035433934_f80bb4cdd7.jpg

Diabetic comas have never been so good ;)

superario

Around where I live & when I'm craving for some seafood, we have a fast but fresh food restaurant called Wahoo's Fish Tacos. I think they're a great alternative to burgers. I love topping them w their salsas, green sauces & guac so much flavor....mmm. me. want. :p

4895676957_42fcd3c08f_z.jpg

I know of a Wahoo's Fish Taco place. Never been there. Don't eat fish but I'm eager to try something else.

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.
They mainly serve American food. Their baked potatoes are massive and good. They also have wedge-cut fries that I absolutely love. The best part about this place are their Pizookies. It's basically a cookie crust with scoops of ice cream and whipped cream on top - pure deliciousness! The Oreo Pizookie is the best IMO, but that's coming from an Oreo fiend so not everyone can agree with me on that. But seriously now, just looking at this sexcellent concoction makes me drool.

2035433934_f80bb4cdd7.jpg

Diabetic comas have never been so good ;)

I have been to BJ's and it is GOOD. :D

Remus

Staff member
Lol, neither of the choices really qualifies as a restaurant, do they? I've never been in a Subway, I find the smell is weird and off-putting. McDonalds used to be exotic before they invaded here with their gold'n arches, I will have one when visiting Sydney or Melbourne, trying to relive that feeling but its never the same, its just soft, mushy and sweet, like baby food.

I feel the same way, to me 'resturant' is a place with chefs who use fresh, maybe organic ingredients which are sourced with zero processed crap and no MSG.

McDs and Subway and many other places are fast food corperate chains and do not deserve the use of the word 'resturant'

Yes, Remus is a chef....

WeirdyMcGee

That's Pad Thai? looks poor to me :/

Tell em it should look like this lol:

C_67_article_2082073_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

haha~
It's a type of 'poor man's' pad thai served at a pho shop. XD
So of course it doesn't look fancy.

Oh, yes... and 'restaurant' is a term used so loosely these days- every fast food chain is called a restaurant just because it serves food (although it's a terrible excuse for 'food')
I agree with you, Remus!
It does actually upset me sometimes that food isn't so much an experience for people as it is just something to choke down when you're hungry.

Last edited:

CZi

Phew! No one has said Applebee's so far. I'd group them in with the other so called "restaurants." Their food quality is terrible, let alone the ingredients. Worked there, seen things that cannot be unseen.

Phoenixx

Phew! No one has said Applebee's so far. I'd group them in with the other so called "restaurants." Their food quality is terrible, let alone the ingredients. Worked there, seen things that cannot be unseen.
^ Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've only ate there once and I thought the food tasted terrible. I still can't understand why so many people love it...?

WeirdyMcGee

haha-- do you have a favorite though, CZi?

I went to Applebees once-- one of the only Applebees in Ontario, I think; and I would've rather gone to Harveys to be quite honest... so that's comparing it to fast food.
Our booth was dirty, the food took a long time to come (about 45 minutes for the lunch menu items and it wasn't terribly busy)but it wasn't terrible.
The bill was a bit more than I was expecting, though.
Atmosphere was fine~ They were probably just understaffed.
Out of 10, I'd give it a 7... but I'm usually very generous with my scores.

Now... something I *do* like:
Wimpy's Diner
Wimpys-Diner_-Niagara-Falls.jpg

Named after the Popeye character?
I'm a big fan of the Diner atmosphere~!
14098_2.jpg

I remember getting a stack of pancakes for $4 that was about 6inches tall and I could only finish half because they were so filling. haha
That was when I was 15, I think.

CZi

^ Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've only ate there once and I thought the food tasted terrible. I still can't understand why so many people love it...?

Hahaha! It's fast, affordable, typically fried, and they get to pretend they're eating at an actual restaurant? XD From what I could see, it's mostly the pricing. The food is dirt cheap and resembles actual meals, even if it is barely a step above or worse then most fast food places. Oh and it has liquor, lol.

I almost started laughing at a table when they told me to send compliments to the "Chef."

@WeirdyMcGee: Hmmm....must run things differently in the Kaneda, gotta ask my buds in Ottawa. Our Bee's chains stress speed over everything here and are cheapy cheap. I like The Cheesecake Factory, Red Robin and IHOP hahaha. :D

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Hahaha! It's fast, affordable, typically fried, and they get to pretend they're eating at an actual restaurant? XD From what I could see, it's mostly the pricing. The food is dirt cheap and resembles actual meals, even if it is barely a step above or worse then most fast food places. Oh and it has liquor, lol.

I almost started laughing at a table when they told me to send compliments to the "Chef."
^ Lol I think it's the liquor that does it for most people. ::p: Cheap liquor and fast food. Yum!

I generally don't like fast food. I'm a sucker for Cracker Barrel. Their biscuits are to die for. There is a local restaurant called Darcy's Pint that has a killer horseshoe. Figuratively, it tastes awesome and literally, it will clog your arteries.

4219777888_087fcbf04a.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Cape May Lobster House (Couldn't find a picture of the front of the building. Weird.)

rrpj09.jpg

This place doubles as a restaurant and a fish market. Never got the chance to eat at the restaurant (My parents say it's good and that they make great crabcakes. Thanks for sharing the experience. :rolleyes:), but the fish market is great! They have fresh seafood, caught daily, with a few imports. And most of it is fairly cheap. I love that place. Wish I was a kid again living down there. Sweet nostalgia.