personal victory? yes indeed!

Confuseddd

I shaved my head.
Im sure some of you are probably thinking , big deal but for me this is huge!
I can't even tell you how much I've struggled with it but I finally did it!
It doesn't look bad really I don't think but it doesn't look great either.
Im just extremely proud of myself.
:) So im gonna be happy for abit , see how long it lasts for lol...

What! I kind of did that on Monday this week. No idea what I wanted. Dug out the lawn mower and away it all went. Sort of. Really short.

VICTORY!

alejandro84

i started shaving my head at 17 years old, grew it back for about a year when i was 23 and now im back to shaving it off again.

Confuseddd

picture.php

here it is for you all , i will post it in the pictures section as well maybe.

I dont think it looks half as bad as i imagined it to be.

Minty

Awesome! Congrats! It's always good to see someone with SA reach one of their goals. And it doesn't look bad on you at all. :)

Confuseddd

Congrats! Did you shave it for philosophical reasons?

I may soon join.

No I did it because I was slowly losing hair anyways. I was terrified of shaving my head, and terrified of losing the hair too so i was in a lose lose scenario for awhile

Im interested to hear the philosophical reason for shaving your head though if you would share! :)

No I did it because I was slowly losing hair anyways. I was terrified of shaving my head, and terrified of losing the hair too so i was in a lose lose scenario for awhile

Im interested to hear the philosophical reason for shaving your head though if you would share! :)

Me too. Sounds quite interesting. And my curiosity within interest is in constant state of hunger.

Dr. Doom

Damn, you look like you can beat me up confuse....*panic*

But that's great. I've been shaving my head since 9th grade, I'm starting to grow it out right now though. I've seen it shaved now I need to see it long. Afterwards I'll go back shaved, I love how fast drying was and how clean it looks.

Confuseddd

Some people consider hair to be a symbol of vanity. You wake up and the first thing most people do is look in the mirror. Is my hair ok? Comb it, cut it, perm it. People spend copious amounts of time, money, and thought on their hair.

I myself feel like I put a lot of emphasis on my outward appearance. Its almost embarrassing as it conflicts with my core beliefs.

Shaving my head would almost feel like i'm purging this vanity.

Wow since you put it this way...
Yes that is actually a large part of why I got rid of my hair.
Of course Without the knowledge of hair being a sign of vanity (even though I sort of always knew that just never thought about it)
I spend a lot of time on my hair when I had it. When I shaved it off it was definitly scary but also like you say very purging.

doubleM

it has crossed my mind to do this. my hair is thinning some and i cant stand it. its so thick on the sides and back but thinning in patches on top, it looks silly to me. i have a variation of a fro-hawk, kind of a spikey messy version of one, and i have had it since i was a teenager. i can spike it up in such a way you cant tell im thinning, but its such a pain. if people notice it looks like im pathetically trying to cover it up.
im terrified of shaving my head. i think i would look stupid. yours looks good that way tho. kudos to you for doing it. but as for me... fro-hawk for life! lol.

Last edited: