Personal issues stopping you from having a relationship other than SA or being shy

shakethelight

I have terrible trust issues. It probably stems from my father & shaky childhood. I always pick the controling type of guys cause I equate control with love. The normal, nice guys make me feel inadequate. Because I am so far behind in life. What could they possibly want with me? I usually push them away before they have the chance to see what a mess I am.

It's weird because most of the guys I dated are usually really out going & have a lot of friends. I never wanted to socialize & I would always come off as a snob.

I have hope though, I think there is someone for everyone. Right?

*Amy*

-Lack of social life.
-Lack of experience. My inability to flirt and to tell whether someone is doing so with me or just being friendly.
-Self-esteem issues.
-My being very picky, seeing flaws in everyone, but on the other hand, but on the other hand, when I fall in love with someone, I tend to idealize him and to feel that I'm not good enough for him.

Chess

I think the only real problem is that I like to take things slow - no sex on the second date, no love by three weeks - and it feels like that's pretty much a death sentence sometimes. I know I've missed out on more than a few opportunities, and people who take notice of me generally just drift off.