out of body experiences/lucid dreaming

Kristopher

I have been lucid dreaming since i was about 12. I can even recall dreams that i had at that age. As ive gotten older iv'e experienced very beautiful and also frightening dreams, that seem to almost hint at a spiritual realm. i have also encountered what some people call shadow beings within my room when i'm lucid dreaming. Sometimes its so realistic i think it could possibly be an OBE "out of body experience" rather than a dream..anyways i wanted to get some feed back from any other people who have had similar stories. again sorry about my punctuation. i tend to drift off when i write:idontknow:

laure15

I've had several instances of lucid dreaming in high school and even a near OBE but after that, these have been rare occurences. I'm trying to lucid dream again but it's been an uphill battle.

Klonoa

I... I have the opposite problem, I have lucid dreams all nights ;_; They're always with a romantic tone, I particularily love to feel hugged, but regardless I'm trying to not lucid-dream much ;_;

squidgee

Sorry , just went to wikipedia and if they couldn't explain it you're probably not going to be able to, but
-you're dreaming, but you know you're dreaming, so you can control the dream? Is that right?

I think that's the gist of it. Basically you are aware that you are dreaming, though I'm not sure if you can actually control the happenings of a dream every time you lucid dream.

Flanscho

Nah, I haven't. I'm pretty good in remembering my dreams, and came to the conclusion, that my brain probably has a reason for why dreams are normally not controllable. *shrugs*

Asphyxiatedragoon

I've astral projected or had lucid dreams on my own, I think. When I try to astral project purposely, it is really difficult for me to get to the part to where I get of my body because, I get scared and slam right back to my physical body ;(

NewPerspective

I have had those experiences. The shadow people you speak of can cause you to have OBE's they can also activate different chakra centers on your body giving you abilities you currently dont know are possible. They may even begin to speak to you in time. Dont get too close to them though unless your willing to give them something in return. You never get something for nothing.

Ithior

I think that's the gist of it. Basically you are aware that you are dreaming, though I'm not sure if you can actually control the happenings of a dream every time you lucid dream.

I can sometimes control what happens in the dream (to some extent). It's hard though because if I think about it too much I'll wake up. The trick I've been using lately is to just repeat the idea in my head and not try to recreate it myself. For example, instead of trying to picture a supermarket, I repeat the word supermarket in my head a few times and I just appear or enter a supermarket in my dream.

Kristopher

Sorry , just went to wikipedia and if they couldn't explain it you're probably not going to be able to, but
-you're dreaming, but you know you're dreaming, so you can control the dream? Is that right?

yes exactly. some can control their dreams to a higher extent with more lucidity. for instance, i can fly on command, levitate objects on command ect..another fun thing is to tell the people you see in your dreams that this is a dream and that they're not real, they deny it always. its like your mind is trying to protect you from recognizing its a dream lol. anyways i have lots of tips and info if any of you are interested in trying to attain lucidity. first and for most a dream diary. log all your dreams and that will tell your subconscious you want to remember you dreams, and that theyre important to you. another is supplements such as melatonin vitaman b6 and 5htp triptaphan. Good luck and see you on the other side :thumbup:

dallasthekid

ive had out of body experiences before, its called astral projection. ive had times where i can leave my body and fly around my neighborhood, and one time i met a shadow person and talked to him. sometimes it can be scary though, ive had times where something grabs me and wont let me go

Ithior

another fun thing is to tell the people you see in your dreams that this is a dream and that they're not real, they deny it always.

Never thought of that, I have to try that.
I have to repeat the idea many times to myself, usually before going to sleep, but what matters is that the first thing that comes to mind when I think about what to do in a dream is that specific thing.

At least that's what works with me, I remember I used to have a problem where I couldn't wake up from dreams. I would "wake up" in another dream, but it seemed like I was really waking up. Sometimes this would go on and on, like 5 dreams in a row that were just me waking up and opening the window and going on my usual business, until something odd happened (like the guy in the mirror not doing the movements I was doing). Anyway, I had to tell myself the usual trick to wake up: fall. Once it got rooted in my memory I could apply it whenever I needed to.

TableFor1

yes exactly. some can control their dreams to a higher extent with more lucidity. for instance, i can fly on command, levitate objects on command ect..another fun thing is to tell the people you see in your dreams that this is a dream and that they're not real, they deny it always. its like your mind is trying to protect you from recognizing its a dream lol. anyways i have lots of tips and info if any of you are interested in trying to attain lucidity. first and for most a dream diary. log all your dreams and that will tell your subconscious you want to remember you dreams, and that theyre important to you. another is supplements such as melatonin vitaman b6 and 5htp triptaphan. Good luck and see you on the other side :thumbup:

Wow, this is a very interesting! I'm going to try this. I've only been able to control two dreams ever and very rarely remember them. There is a pretty cool website that helps explain the weird dreams An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation. -Cheers!

hexagon_sun

I have been lucid dreaming since i was about 12. I can even recall dreams that i had at that age. As ive gotten older iv'e experienced very beautiful and also frightening dreams, that seem to almost hint at a spiritual realm. i have also encountered what some people call shadow beings within my room when i'm lucid dreaming. Sometimes its so realistic i think it could possibly be an OBE "out of body experience" rather than a dream..anyways i wanted to get some feed back from any other people who have had similar stories. again sorry about my punctuation. i tend to drift off when i write:idontknow:

I love this subject! I'm a believer in a spirtual realm as well. My sister has said she experienced an OBE when she had major surgery. I can't recall the details but I remember her saying she saw deceased family members. I've had a couple of lucid dreams that I can recal in any detail. One envolved the earth being approached by a chalk white asteroid that slowly disappeared below the horizon as it approached and than just as it was about to completely vanish and presumably hit the earth, it suddenly and inexplicably reversed direction! I also remembering feeling like I was staring out the window of my home and my vision was crisp. More vivid and sharp than I can see now. I also had like HUD icons to the left of my field of vision. It was an impossibly vivid experience/memory. Gives me chills thinking about it. I've had a handful of dreams where I'm floating and I start flapping my arms to gain altitude. And later similar flying dreams only instead of flapping my arms I would just conentrate intensely and suddenly life off the ground! A few of those flying dreams were lucid in that I knew I was "dreaming" and took control of it.

WaterWitch

Being out of body is simply the gift of astral projection, or astral travel! I've actually encountered deities in the fabled spirit world. I look forward to it personally. On the other hand, the other dreams I have seem even realer than OB...they are often nightmares. Most of my nightmares are recurrences of terrible and traumatic times in my life. Strange enough, whenever I have these nightly relapses I can't remember the real world and it feels as though the nightmare IS the real world, which terrifies me even more! I always think of it as how a ghost stuck in purgatory must feel; unaware of their death and all the time that has passed by since. Ever think about that? Usually, the memory of the dream fades, but for me, in the subconscious world, it's the other way around.

rosewood

wow, you are very fortunate. lots of people all over the world all throughut history have reported the same type of experiences. you are not alone. i think it is so interesting and cool that you have had them since you were 12. quantum physistis (erg, spelling) have said since the 20's that there is no separation between the experimenter and the experiment. we all are interconnected. that is why you will find many quantum phys. docs studying the metaphysical world.

the book "The Spiritual Brain" supports this, and the movie on Netflix called "Quantum Activist" also.

would love to hear more if you feel like sharing.

Flanscho

My opinion is that the millions of years of evolution resulted in my mostly subconsciously dreaming for a good reason. So I don't want to learn to do it lucid. :)