Opposite Sex

I'm straight and have SA and have an easier time talking to the opposite sex. But it's probably because I have a brother -- so I'm used to talking to guys. Actually, it's partly because guys just warm up to me more -- and I find that in general they are more easy going. But it has no romantic implications for me -- I'm always the sisterly one or the best friend :p

EvilFlyingCow

Unfortunately I have an easier time talking to the same sex (guys).

If you have social anxiety, you're straight, and have an easier time talking to the opposite sex I envy you greatly. :)

It's nothing sexual or anything, I just tend to be able to talk more openly about my emotions and such with females.

corvax

I like guys much better than girls. I've never really felt quite comfortable around girls. The intricate, unsaid rules to female socializing just elude me. I think I operate much more like a guy in my thinking patterns and interests.

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

I have always found it easier to talk to women rather than men. At school I would hang out with the girls in the home ed room at break and lunch. This is probably due to the fact I feel inferior to all men.

Agent_Violet

That is probably because they are jealous of how you look.
That is normaly the case with most women.

that might explain some of them...but there have been some really hot women (hot in my opinion) who have just not liked me. I'm pretty blunt so I've come out and said, "I can tell you can't stand me...care to share why?"

They just turn red and laugh like i'm a nut...but if I weren't right about them not liking me, they wouldn't have a reason to turn red...

Dead_on_Arrival

that might explain some of them...but there have been some really hot women (hot in my opinion) who have just not liked me. I'm pretty blunt so I've come out and said, "I can tell you can't stand me...care to share why?"

They just turn red and laugh like i'm a nut...but if I weren't right about them not liking me, they wouldn't have a reason to turn red...

There are some in life who are just like that. Whether they are hot or not jealousy is the most likely thing. Not just about how you appear but about what you have, where you live, friends you have and the love of your life. think of it this way, If they want to not like you it is their choice and their loss. If they continue their life in that way they will be the ones who will die alone. You on the other hand will have your nearest and dearest around you when you need them most.

no1knowshername

I like guys much better than girls. I've never really felt quite comfortable around girls. The intricate, unsaid rules to female socializing just elude me.

seconded.

Women in general scare me crap-less.
Though older women put me at ease a little more.
Men are way easier, in general. Their rules for interaction seem to be more casual "come as you are" and less "come as who you wish you were."

TheSanctuarian

As a Guy, I find girls easier to talk to. I always have. I could be described as effeminate, I have been accused of being gay FAR too much.

diogovk

"If you have social anxiety, you're straight, and have an easier time talking to the opposite sex I envy you greatly." = same here

I have trouble talking with women that I feel attracted to. The hotter the girl the harder it is for me.

If she is a complete stranger, I'm terrified to take the initiative.

If for some reason, if I can't have a romantic relationship with her, it calm's me down.
So no matter how hot is a girlfriend of a friend, since I'm sociably forbidden to have a relationship with her, I have no problem at all talking to her.

Although once one of my brother's hot GF hugged me in a certain way that made me really uncomfortable.

Also I have trouble talking to any girl that seems to be attracted to me, or if there is any kind of pressure for me to "hit on her".

But talking with any gender about anything sexual, or my past girlfriends (or the lack of :)) makes me really uncomfortable.

So in the end, since I'm attracted only to women, I find it much easier to talk to men.

Dead_on_Arrival

There is one woman I am attracted to as well as my wife, which I know is wrong, but I have to speak to her once a week, my therapist.
An ultimate no-no. The one subject that has never been raised in therapy is sex. If that one comes up my mind will probably explode like a volcano of anxious, sick, twisted thoughts.

Some people just intimidate more than others regardless of their sex. Those people that always have it all together whereby they can be totally at ease in any situation. There's nothing exceptional about them they are able to blend into anything. The busy -always doing something- really good looking-sporty- sociable-normal people , highly educated, ambitious and successful. They make me feel like I'm under a spotlight and found to be lacking

TheSanctuarian

There is one woman I am attracted to as well as my wife, which I know is wrong, but I have to speak to her once a week, my therapist.
An ultimate no-no. The one subject that has never been raised in therapy is sex. If that one comes up my mind will probably explode like a volcano of anxious, sick, twisted thoughts.

Attraction to therapists is VERY common, you build an emotional bond similar to a baby and its mother after birth. but you're right - Definite no-no.

Lol.I know what you mean.I always end up in the friend zone:confused:
There is just no getting out of there:)

I haven't had problems about being in 'the friendship zone' as of yet. Love always finds it way. but being neither straight, nor gay makes it very difficult.

Amelie08

i feel more relax while talking to females.. while talking to a boy, it makes me think, he is analyzing about my look.But it also depends on another things,too like personality of who i talk to (i dont like talking to people who is such as bighead,mocking or so sociable..)

My social anxiety has made it hard to talk to just about anyone, regardless of age or gender. Women I'm attracted to are the hardest of course, but not significantly harder than women I'm not attracted to or other men.