Online Dating

aj

But that's pretty much nowhere unless we just sit in the car and chat or something :D Thanks but it seems like the advice is wasted on me for now though anyway. Maybe one day I'll get another chance but I have no idea how I'll get that close again. I need a hug ::(:

U

userremoved

I have tried those on-line sites but I never get around the profile lol I am very insecure and half way to the descripion of myself I give up :D

I thought I was the only one who did this. I think that if I can just finish the profile maybe I'll at least have a shot. But when I start listing things about myself, suddenly I can't think of anything good to say and just stop. I think Ive got like 4 unfinished profiles saved out there somewhere.

I've tried match.com and now I'm on chemistry.com. They're a complete waste of money. There aren't that many women in my age range (I'm 21) on dating websites anyway.

mari_13

But that's pretty much nowhere unless we just sit in the car and chat or something :D Thanks but it seems like the advice is wasted on me for now though anyway. Maybe one day I'll get another chance but I have no idea how I'll get that close again. I need a hug ::(:

Why you can have a hug.... but driving around can be fun, just go like to a park or something, the woods, or a lake!! but before drive around a little and check for any psyco behavior :D Not but really, that is a lot of fun. Here a lot of people do that on the weekends just go around on the country side, drive, have lunch and enjoy the day.

iamthenra

Most dating sites have way too many guys... Any women on there usually get thousands of messages from guys just looking for the "wham bam thank you mam..." and as a result most (99%) ladies do not reply back. The only site that worked for me was eHarmony.com... It was expensive, but there nobody is "meat" shopping, and the computer selects and matches you based on your "qualities"... So nobody gets a ton of e-mail from predators that hit on women or even the other way around... That's been my experience for at least a decade of trying these sites.

WearyChild

I have an account on Plentyoffish but it actually irritates me because I like talking to people online and finding good friend but I know deep down I'm never going to have the courage to meet someone I met online. I tell them that and yet the proceed to attempt to force me to meet them which just frustrates me and adds to my stress.

Felgen

I have an account on Plentyoffish but it actually irritates me because I like talking to people online and finding good friend but I know deep down I'm never going to have the courage to meet someone I met online. I tell them that and yet the proceed to attempt to force me to meet them which just frustrates me and adds to my stress.

If someone you like asks you out: Go for it. If you meet in a neutral place, you've got nothing to loose. :)

WearyChild

If someone you like asks you out: Go for it. If you meet in a neutral place, you've got nothing to loose. :)
Thats what they say but I am the anti-motivator theres some things I just can't get myself to do. When they ask me what do I have to loose I can't find an answer but its just a deep dread that keeps me from doing anything.

Felgen

Thats what they say but I am the anti-motivator theres some things I just can't get myself to do. When they ask me what do I have to loose I can't find an answer but its just a deep dread that keeps me from doing anything.

I used to think the very same thing. However, nothing will improve unless you leave your comfort zone for a while. :)

Even if you (or he, for that matter) fuck up the date, you will have gained experience and learned from your mistakes. I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
I've dated an online friend a few weeks ago, she's so comforting, that It makes my anxioussness a bit less, So i felt like doing it.
Now another person asked me to go out with her ( online friend too )
its on 4 april. im glad its still far away.. xD
but i hope i can do it... but its a huuuuuuuuuuuge step

I've dated an online friend a few weeks ago, she's so comforting, that It makes my anxioussness a bit less, So i felt like doing it.
Now another person asked me to go out with her ( online friend too )
its on 4 april. im glad its still far away.. xD
but i hope i can do it... but its a huuuuuuuuuuuge step

Well have fun Saskia ::p: I hope it goes well for you.

secretly awesome

I just started on OKCupid.com. My first try at online dating. It's free. There seems to be a wide variety of personalities and age-ranges on there. People take their profiles more or less seriously, depending on what they're looking for. I've chatted a couple of nice girls on there so far.

numb embryonic

I've been on plentyoffish dating site for 9 months. My reply rate to messages sent to female strangers is pretty sad; something like 1/80 bother to reply back. Seems like a waste of time typing long interesting msg's to send to these ladies, so I eased off using it and thinking about deleting the account. I might get 1 email every 2 months from a complete female stranger (somebody who msg me first), but they are always not my type, physically they are always the big 200lbs women.

Out of curiosity to discover whether "am I ugly?" I created a false account with photos of a big, hunky handsome fireman type. I got 16 emails in the first 48hrs from female strangers, so it proves the agenda of these women. I actually got carried away using it, lots of girls gave me their personal mobile phone numbers after just a few replies.