Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I certainly take walking for granted, as seems such a simple thing. But i'm pleased that you're pleased about ye progress; it's a good step in right direction! :bigsmile: (wee joke there)

:thumbup: Good 'un... My family would cringe if ah uttered that joke pun :giggle:

Y'know, since huvin a quick-wit and intelligence is kinda looked down upon in ma family to some extent. In that "D'ye think yer better than us or summit, eh?!" kinda way.

I for one wouldn't mind readin about it all. Like, you know, whenever you feel like writing about it. No rush aye?.

Ah'll write about it shortly, just need to try and remember a few dates and details that I'd be kicking myself if ah left oot. :giggle:

Graeme1988

Ah, technology - great when it's workin'. A f**kin' pain in the arse when it's not. :kickingmyself: :thumbdown: :veryangry:

Graeme1988

Right, so I'm still tryin' tae get ma tattoo appointment booked. Nae luck thus far, like. Anyway, I'm kinda reconsidering ma orginal idea for now. And opting for music notes across ma finger, like this:

321948d6482c8077be713b091ab0b2cb.jpg

A song lyric tattoo on ma inner left forearm, similar to this Smashing Pumpkins tattoo. Like get the lyrics of the song in the matching album artwork front:

310532f1f5d8d62f6cce954d68da7751.jpg

As for the Scottish saltire flag and tartan tattoo, I'm thinking, mibbe, try and combine the two intae a single 3D under-the-skin design. But I'm no 100% as to whether the placement should be outer left or outter right forearm? :thinking:

Probably be next year afore ah get them done now, at this point.
Hopefully, I'll get the 3 tattoos I'm really wanting before the summer.
Cuz if I'm going to be wandering aboot Edinburgh for a month, I might as well standout, y'know?

Also, what d'ye think would be better... The Rush "Starman" logo or the symbol of my star sign in a sorta tribal design? Cuz I'm undecided on that...

2hyukd2.jpg

Not becoming addictive or anythin', I'd just prefer gettin' tattoos that mean summit to me, personally. Rather than getting them pure because they look cool. Sorry, ah know that last statement makes me sound like a right wankers.

Graeme1988

That said I've opted to get ma tattos done locally. Since the place in my area doesnae do that great a job when it comes tattoos. And the fella who does them is the husband of one of my older sister's friends. Tag, the guy's called.
Don't know, why, but I just have this image of a big bald, bearded guy covered in tattoos.:bigsmile:

He regularly posts the tattoos he's done on Facebook. Here's the Suicide Squad tattoo that Leslie, who is a friend of my oldest sister, got done.

14716204_816828648458008_1202560365573371900_n.jpg

And here's a couple other tats Tag's done for folk as well...

13575955_764654430342097_2181271972058690540_o.jpg

12802991_708118025995738_1657689360380579763_n.jpg

Graeme1988

I thought the scottish were big on dry humour (eg puns) ... or would that be the english??. I got it from somewhere. :question: :giggle:

Oh aye, Scotland certainly got the more dry sense o' humour, but we lean more towards black comedy, sarcasm and irony, with a touch of the surreal. Not that we dinnae enjoy a good pun, they just get a mixed response here... Basically, ye huv to be intelligent enough to get them. :bigsmile:

A tracksuit-wearing deliquent would it ye with contempt n' think that yer an intellectual if ye sling a pun joke at them. For example, ma cousin went "Awrite baldy" after she'd seen I'd shaved ma heid. But she'd take probably offence at some of those t-shirt that ah wear... :idontknow:

Graeme1988

That said I've opted to get ma tattos done locally. Since the place in my area doesnae do that great a job when it comes tattoos. And the fella who does them is the husband of one of my older sister's friends. Tag, the guy's called.
Don't know, why, but I just have this image of a big bald, bearded guy covered in tattoos.:bigsmile:

He regularly posts the tattoos he's done on Facebook. Here's the Suicide Squad tattoo that Leslie, who is a friend of my oldest sister, got done.

14716204_816828648458008_1202560365573371900_n.jpg

And here's a couple other tats Tag's done for folk as well...

13575955_764654430342097_2181271972058690540_o.jpg

12802991_708118025995738_1657689360380579763_n.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention once ah get ma first tattoos - probably start with the music notes on the fingers, go with what'll be easy and less time consuming - I'll likely get them posted on the Facebook page of Enchanted Ink Tattoos - like the photos I'll linked to in my previous post. Since that's the place where I'll be gettin' 'em done.

I wouldnae DREAM of gettin a tattoe. Ma family's very very "square" (so am i for that matter!); they wouldnae like me havin' any! :giggle:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

The first one's a joke (pun intended), the second is grand, and the third is lovely.

:bigsmile: Though, Leslie is a bit mental, like. Got a lotta band tatoos. She even got a Freddy Krueger tattoo done on her leg, I think it was. Went to Comic Con in Glasgow last year - the 2nd time that event's been held in Scotland. And she got Robert Enguland to sign it, then got the autograph tattooed over.

I wouldnae DREAM of gettin a tattoe. Ma family's very very "square" (so am i for that matter!); they wouldnae like me havin' any! :giggle:

My family's the same - well, my mum is; my dad was the same. Very conservative, don't like change. Despite ma mum always saying otherwise. Strict as f**k, like.

But then ah tend to disregard whit mine think, only because they don't really care what I think or feel, at times. So...

Though, when I aged 14, one of my cousins took me into town to get my right eyebrow pierced. Obviously thinkin' I'd bottle it and not got through with it.

I'd mentioned getting it done for a laugh once, because the former frontman of nu-metallers Drowning Pool, Dave Williams, had the eyebrow piercing. So kinda got it in tribute to him after he, sadly, passed away, and as a joke to see if the "Yer older than ye look" remark I'd been gettin' for a year up until that point were true. Y'know cuz I'm quite tall and has a stubble beard before my mid-teens.

Needless tae say, ma mum nearly fainted with shock when ah walked in the front door.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Just startin' tae realise how sad ma life really is... Ah've got nuthin' goin' for me. :sad:
I'm still the same anxiety-ridden, frightened, messed-up kid ah wus, aged 6, really.

defiance

Just startin' tae realise how sad ma life really is... Ah've got nuthin' goin' for me. :sad:
I'm still the same anxiety-ridden, frightened, messed-up kid ah wus, aged 6, really.

Though my issues didn't start as early as yours did, I still understand exactly what you mean here. A common misconception is that as we age our so called new found wisdom should allow us to look past any prior issues we had. What a load of s**t that is. If anything, as you age you realize just how difficult life is and just how cruel people can really be. Then to make it worse you still have these issues but now they are worse than they were before and therefore we end up more depressed. At least this has been my experience. Wonder if yours is similar.

Graeme1988

Though my issues didn't start as early as yours did, I still understand exactly what you mean here. A common misconception is that as we age our so called new found wisdom should allow us to look past any prior issues we had. What a load of s**t that is. If anything, as you age you realize just how difficult life is and just how cruel people can really be. Then to make it worse you still have these issues but now they are worse than they were before and therefore we end up more depressed. At least this has been my experience. Wonder if yours is similar.

Similar, I guess, to some extent. But then, being mixed-race or bi-racial as some would call it, and disabled; ah kinda learnt how cruel people can be from a young age. As well as how difficult life is... So, the new found wisdom hardly came with age.

Just stating facts, there. Not trying to make anyone reading this feel pity towards me. It's just how it was for me, growing up...

The only wisdom that came with age is realising you get singled out if yer in anyway different from the majority. And most people are only out for themselves and their own self-interest, most of the time.

Or, at least, that's how my family are - more so, my mum. Who likes to contradict every decision I make because it's not what she wants.

Though, I also had abuse and neglect to deal with from my family. Oh, and my mum projected a lotta her feelings about my dad. Mainly bitterness and angry at being mistreated by him. Which was as much my fault as it was his, apparently. Or, that's what I took from the hate-filled tangents my mum would go on, whenever I tried to raise the topic of relationships with her.

Not a mental health experts, so can't say. Though, when I eventually tried therapy, my mum got a free-pass for all the shit she did to me in the past. Because you should still love someone regardless of how badly they've treated you in the past.

So, in many ways, the bullying never stopped at school for me. :sad: Sadly, it wus only in my mid-teens that I realised how little my mum cared about me.

And ah wish ah could look past my issues, ah really do. But, sadly - because they're ever concerned for me - my family seem intent upon constantly reminding about my issues. :kickingmyself:

And I don't know about you, defiance. But, being constantly reminded of yer problems doesnae exactly help me in overcoming them. :sad: Y'know? Since yer already fully aware of them.

Graeme1988

Slightly disappoint to find out, at the last minute, that the local comedy show I was looking forward to seeing in Dumfries tonight, has been cancelled. Kinda thought it would be due to one of the comedians booking a run of gigs in London a few weeks ago.

And main reason I wus looking forward to it was, ma next post here would have been about it. And the venue that the show was taking place in had quite a bit signifance to Scotland - both historcally and culturally.

Theatre-Royal-700x455.jpg

Theatre Royal, Dumfries

The Theatre Royal in Dumfries, Scotland is the oldest working theatre in Scotland. The Theatre is owned by the Guild of Players who bought it in 1959, thereby saving it from demolition. The Guild's aim is to promote the tradition of live theatre in Dumfries. It is the venue for the Guild of Players' own productions and for performances from visiting companies. In addition it is used extensively as a venue for the Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival, the Dumfries Music Festival and the Dumfries Musical Theatre Company.

In 1790, actor manager George Stephen Sutherland approached interested people in Dumfries and the surrounding area with the intention of raising subscriptions for a purpose-built theatre. Among those involved was Robert Burns, then resident at Ellisland Farm, a few miles to the north of Dumfries.

Completed at a cost of £800, what was then known simply as The Theatre or the New Theatre, opened on Saturday 29 September, under the management of Sutherland's partner, John Brown Williamson, from the Theatre Royal Haymarket. With a design by Thomas Boyd of Dumfries, based on that of the Theatres Royal in Bristol and Edinburgh, it seated between five and six hundred.

The first reference to the theatre under its present name is to be found in an advertisement in the "Dumfries and Galloway Courier" in 1811.

Improvement of the stage in 1830 and a radical renovation in 1876 by Phipps, who had worked on the Gaiety in London and the Theatre Royal, Edinburgh, which increased the seating capacity to over a thousand, enhanced the amenity of the theatre for players and patrons. A vivid description of a benefit performance in the latter years of the nineteenth century is to be found in "The Greenwood Hat" by J. M. Barrie, who spent some years of his youth in Dumfries and was a keen member of the Theatre Royal's audience.

In 1902, early forms of moving pictures began following their introduction at the Paris Exhibition. This combination of moving pictures, 'movies' and music hall acts in a mixed programme, proved successful until 1909 when the theatre was purchased by P. Stobie & Son, who installed a flat maple floor to take advantage of the late Victorian craze for roller skating. It seems to have been too late in the day for a Roller Skating Rink for County Ladies and Gentlemen, for the theatre took on a new identity as 'The Electric Theatre' and continued to play an important part in the development of cinema the 'Auld Hippie' or 'The Scratch' as it was affectionately known succumbed to the competition of television and closed in October 1954.

Acquisition of the theatre by the Guild of Players in 1959, at a time when demolition seemed a likely prospect, was followed by an eighteen-month period of reconstruction and a formal opening by Sir Compton Mackenzie, whose mother's company, "The Compton Comedy Company" had been the last of the touring troupes to perform there. The first Guild production mounted in the theatre in October 1960 was "What Every woman Knows" by J.M. Barrie.

The theatre has been further renovated and extended in the 21st century, with the help of a grant from The Holywood Trust, and reopened in 2015.

Graeme1988

Oh, forgot to mention this yesterday. Orla, the wee ginger-haired Irish wummin who is a work collegue of my oldest sister, and who helps arrange the Big Burns Supper art festival in Dumfries at the start of every year.

Well, she recently got the all clear from her cancer, which she was diagnosed with last year.
yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif
And should be fit to go back to work in the next couple of months.
happy-emoticon-139.html
And she did promise me entry to 2 free shows for next year's Big Burns Supper, since I messed up my ticket over last year and was unable to attend the festival this year due to getting my orthopedic surgery in early January. :giggle:

Also, she was asking how I was keepin' following her diagnosis, and was glad to hear I'd had my surgery done.

Graeme1988

Ah think I'll buy some wine to make up for not going out tonight? Or is that a bad idea, since ma mum always naggin' aboot how... "Yer no huvin any drink in this hoose. Nae chance!" :question:

Graeme1988

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth keyboard with a touch-pad mouse? Preferably one which is compatible with both PC and Mac. :question:
Any suggestion would be much appreciated. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Don't know why bother makin' an effort to be nice, or ask for help. My mum just ignores me and treats me like I'm invisible. But. apparently, she wouldnae cope with me. :sad:

My oldest sister lies throw her f**kin' teeth, sayin' she do something for me but never does. Then uses the "The more ya do for people..." line to make seem ungrateful. When I've done more my family when asked than they every do for me.

But, naw - I'm the selfish c*%^ with the attitude problem. When it actually fact, I'm c*^% who really takes umbrage when people f**k me about for their own ends. Because ah believe, personally, that if ye want to be seen as trustworthy and honest, then keep yer word when ya say you'll do someone a favour. Or am I in the wrong, having that viewpoint? Seems quite old-fashioned nowadays, doesn't it?

Though, I wish ah hud a better relationship with my dad in all honesty. Since he's the one who would've raised me right. If he cared, which he didnae. But neither does my mum when ye git right doon tae it. Because I'm always asking too much.

F**k, she gave me an excuse when I asked to help plug the new HDMI cable I bought into the back of the telly, then says I'm being mean for sayin' she doesnae do much for me. But, of course, wimmin in my family are immune to criticism... Because, ooh - yer a good girl, aren't ya? Yes, you are...

Men = arseholes! Useless, grumpy, f**kin' arseholes.

Not exaggering there. My mum literally uses that line about my Northern Irish brother-in-law everytime my older sister complains to my mum about him over the phone. Which makes me question why tha f**k she married n' recently had a kid with him, if he's such a c*^$, then?
:eek:h: :idontknow:

defiance

Similar, I guess, to some extent. But then, being mixed-race or bi-racial as some would call it, and disabled; ah kinda learnt how cruel people can be from a young age. As well as how difficult life is... So, the new found wisdom hardly came with age.

Just stating facts, there. Not trying to make anyone reading this feel pity towards me. It's just how it was for me, growing up...

The only wisdom that came with age is realising you get singled out if yer in anyway different from the majority. And most people are only out for themselves and their own self-interest, most of the time.

Or, at least, that's how my family are - more so, my mum. Who likes to contradict every decision I make because it's not what she wants.

Though, I also had abuse and neglect to deal with from my family. Oh, and my mum projected a lotta her feelings about my dad. Mainly bitterness and angry at being mistreated by him. Which was as much my fault as it was his, apparently. Or, that's what I took from the hate-filled tangents my mum would go on, whenever I tried to raise the topic of relationships with her.

Not a mental health experts, so can't say. Though, when I eventually tried therapy, my mum got a free-pass for all the shit she did to me in the past. Because you should still love someone regardless of how badly they've treated you in the past.

So, in many ways, the bullying never stopped at school for me. :sad: Sadly, it wus only in my mid-teens that I realised how little my mum cared about me.

And ah wish ah could look past my issues, ah really do. But, sadly - because they're ever concerned for me - my family seem intent upon constantly reminding about my issues. :kickingmyself:

And I don't know about you, defiance. But, being constantly reminded of yer problems doesnae exactly help me in overcoming them. :sad: Y'know? Since yer already fully aware of them.

I don't know about you but I personally am my worst enemy when it comes to reminding me of my issues and how useless I am. As the old saying goes no one can critique you like you can so I am very guilty of this. But I can't help it. It seems in your case you get it more from your mom which is a shame man. I don't know man I just don't know.