Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oh aye just copied sby's youtube comment. Myself i couldnt make head nor tail of it! :giggle:

:bigsmile: Ah wus wonderin' how ye got that translation pretty spot on... :question:

Wouln't be some ancient scottish dialect :question:

Aye... Gaelic. Though, you'd be hard pretty to find a Scottish person who can actually speak that dialect properly, unless ye travel way up intae to the Hebrides. Despite modern Scots being derived from it, naebuddy fae the central and southerrn parts o' Scotland speak Gaelic nowadays. At least as far as I'm aware.

Graeme1988

I'm not a particular nice person... In fact, I'm a f**kin' arsehole. Honestly, I am.

This isnae me thinkin' any less o' masel' than usual. that's me quotin' ma own mother. But then, she's always been like that towards me.

Nonetheless, it's a good reason tae avoid people, innit?

And the rest o' ma family wonders why ah don't enjoy bein' around 'em or other people. It's cause ah've got tae deal with being telt I'm c*nt aw the time. :thumbdown: Or reminded that I'm an introvert.

And the constant misconception that I'm dumb, which is hardly surprisin', since that's the perception most folk huv o' disabled folk.

Whatever happened tae if ye huv'nae got anythin' nice to say, do say anythin'? :idontknow:

Cannae wait til I'm deid n' gone... This world'll be a better when that happens, fur sure. Not that ah contributed much to society anyway.

Hoppy

Arseholes of the world Unite!!!

758965982983286790513a33f6b6b2a8.jpg

I am quite sure it is not helping you. But after many years I've not been able to find an answer so I try to laugh at it.

That also does not work. But at least I smile.

Graeme1988

Arseholes of the world Unite!!!

758965982983286790513a33f6b6b2a8.jpg

I am quite sure it is not helping you. But after many years I've not been able to find an answer so I try to laugh at it.

That also does not work. But at least I smile.

This got a wry smile outta me, but it kinda made me... a wee bit sad.
But only because, fur me, that kinda whit ma life's come to as far as ma relationships with people goes. :sad:

Ah wish ah didnae care so much about whit folk think o' me, particularly ma family.

Graeme1988

Why dae stupid folk breed? Like seriously, other than the extra money they get from huvin a wee bairn? 'Cause ah huv'nae got a clue as to why you'd want to huv a kid, especially if yer just gonnae make 'em a mini-me of their parents. And huv them spouting same auld shite that you believe. At least, that's case with my own family.

Where huvin yer ain opinion gets look upon as a threat or a sign that yer mental. Or more mental in my family's case. Strange how deeply religious folk tend to be the least tolerate of difference. Ah know that's not true o' every religious person, just speakin' from my weird experience of being an agnostic raised by a Christian. Still don't know how ah did well at religious studies afore ah drop in ma 3rd year o' secondary school? :thinking:

Sorry, ah dinnae mean to rant aboot this topic.

I'm just wondering how tha hell ma ain muther managed to raise 3 kid, unsuccessfully ah might add. Judging how fuct I am, and how bat-shit crazy ma sisters turn out to be. Yet, with me, my own mum goes full retard and pretends not to understand English at times.

Ah know, ye shouldnae speak ill of yer mother... but f**k me! I'm the yin who got a learning disability, no her. And the worst thing is, she's the f**kin' parent, she should know mair than me!

Sorry, just venting at the frustration of huvin to do everything myself aw the time. Yet, I'm the insensitive arse for gettin' annoyed by this. Despite it... Constantly, f**kin' happening! Because, of course, it's her fault she's so uneducated. Naw, it's the patriarchy's fault, innit?! :kickingmyself:

F**k ma life! I'm tired o' huvin to rely upon c*nts who'll play the victim the moment they get confront with any kinda criticism or put on the spot and questioning of their actions, words or intelligence. Or use emotionally blackmail to their way. And create drama over something as trival and stupid as what a person meant when they said something?

And still we want to pretend we all get along. Despite the fact I've disinviting masel' from every family gathering in the last 5 years. For the simple reason that it's pointless, in my opinion, to be forced intae doin' summit ye don't want to, just to appease somebuddy ye can't stand being around from more than 2 minutes.

Nae wonder I'm so uptight around 'em. And feel in a perpetual state o' misery. Yet, it's me, they're aw afraid of... Ha! Meanwhile, there's me shittin' it, wonder whit kinda reaction this question will get, whit will they think if ah express a differing opinion? F**k it! I'm better just keepin' quiet, wouldnae want them think too much, like ah do.

But then, ah cannae even be happy without being told there's something no right with me. Cannae win! :eek:mg:

Rant over!

Graeme1988

So much to be happy about, much to look forward to in the coming months, yet ah feel so unhappy and empty. Devoid of purpose. Stuck in a endless cycle o' more of the same.

Quite ironic that I'm still limited by my disability despite gettin' surgery which has improved things. But that new found sense o' independence n' freedom hasn't come to be. :sad: I'm still makin' decisions with ma disability in mind, like ah wish ah could just do as ah please, like going places without huvin to take ma cerebral palsy intae account.

Ah feel like a burden to myself and others at times. Though, ah do wish ma family had a better understandin' o' ma disability, instead of the fake, patronising empathy ah receive from 'em.

Graeme1988

Ah don't know if it's due in part to being too focused on ma recovery, but, ah don't feel that same sense o' excitment about going to the Edinburgh Fringe this year. Compared to years previous, at least.

Yet ah should be feelin' great, because ah spent the best part of 2 months gettin' tickets for shows in advance o' the official release back in June. And huv a total of 12 shows to attend over the course o' 5 days.

Though, there's still that nervous anxiety at the thought o' talkin' to strangers. Since I always freeze and tense up in social settings. As previously stated in ma previous post about the first time ah went to the festival, it's worse interacting with the comedians I'm going to see, more so, because ah huv such respect and admiration for what they do, y'know. Which might seem cringy, but it's true in my case.

Not that I'm not lookin' forward to going, it's just not beien on ma mind lately. And I don't know if ah should risk drawing attention to masel' with a funny t-shirt as ah did last year. :bigsmile: :idontknow: :eek:mg:

Graeme1988

Ah feel quite - ah hate to say it - desperate...

Desperate to leave this family house for good. Desperate to distance myself from those around me whom ah huv little trust or faith in. Desperate to escape somewhere quiet and be at peace.

To be alone, and gets this weighed down feelin' off ma shoulders.

Graeme1988

Feelin' oddly lonely, lately. But that's hardly anythin' new for me, people dinnae exactly enjoy being around me much. :sad:

Ah hate the idea of being forced to be more outgoing, but ma family seem determined to make me less introverted in the wake o' the surgery huvin gone well enough. :eek:mg:

Kinda difficult to make me more outgoing and confident, when ma ain family don't really enjoy my company. Ma niece hates me, ma mum doesnae seem the least bit interested in conversing with me. Snubs me everytime ah try do, which makes me wonder why my siblings are so concerned with me huvin nae friends. When I'm used to things being this way, so why change it?

People dinnae seem particular friendly nowadays, except a rare few.

Ma oldest sister says she's like being around me, but I'm no sure - since I'm not that talkative. Don't really like makin' small talk. Or express too many o' my opinions on things, or talkin' about myself. Life's becoming harder for me to enjoy...

Graeme1988

My Mum's actin' like a idiot... again! :kickingmyself: Sorry, but there's no nicer way o' sayin' it. And she doesnae even care that she comes across as such, seems rather proud o' this... :idontknow:

Really startin' to hate myself... for being a condescesending c**t toward her aw the time. More outta frustration than actually being that way.

But how d'ye expect people to treat ya, when you huv little to no self-aware as far as how ye come across to others? Or how you'd like to come across. Constantly sayin' dumb shit and acting that way as a means of hopefully endearing yersel' to folk by make 'em laugh.... hus the opposite affect.

Sorry for rantin'... It just pisses me off that I'm huvin to put up with sorta behaviour for a parent who should know better.
Ah mean, for aw the times, ah bemoaned ma dad for being total arse, at least he hud some class, dignity and self-respect.
At least, there wus summit admire about him, despite him no being particular likeable, y'know.

Graeme1988

I've been feelin' quite depressed, lately. :sad:

Wonderin' if gettin' back intae ma passion for music is going to be worth it? :thinking: I'm kinda unsure about any of my previous ideas being any good, since ah dinnae really huv anybuddy to collaborate with. And doing everythin' alone does leave questioning my own judgement. :idontknow:

Ah know that being creative would help bring me outta my depression, certainly. Though, not being from a creative or musicial family, it does make the creative process all the harder, being somethin' of a novice masel'.

Other than that, I'm kinda anxious about the Edinburgh Fringe this year, not that ah will'nae enjoy it as ah did previous. It's just the thought o' being recognised sittin' in the front o' these comedy shows, since it's likely to occur. If no by my appearance, then my laugh, at the very least. And I'm not great at makin' small talk with folk ah don't really know well.

Because last year during the Fringe, Fred MacAulay said "Hiya" to me before gettin' on stage. And Hardeep Singh Koli chatted to me and my sister before we went upstairs to his shows. I mean, he wus friendly enough, complimenting me on the t-shirt ah wus wearin'. But like most o' ye in this situation, ah hud nowt to say. He even gave me a thumbs up at the end o' his show afore gettin' off stage.

Also, this year, I've got a total 12 shows to attend in the space o' 5 days. :eek:

Graeme1988

Ugh! Ah wish ma family were more open and willing to helping me when I ask them to do so... :sad:
Yet, they don't seem to want to, unless it suits them.

Graeme1988

Meh! Kinda huvin some regrets about gettin' ma surgery. Perhaps because nuthin' has really changed for me, since undergoing it. Other than the obvious physical improvement. :sad:

Just few more months to go til ah get ma consultant's verdict on how things went. And I'm feelin' doubtful things will be overly positive. Despite being somewhat hopeful.

But there's been nae improvement to ma social life...Ha! If ah huv one o' them.

Graeme1988

My oldest sister is regretting going on a 2 week-long cruise. Och, well, eh... Should've just went for a week. Then we could've gone out more, since it's been quite sunny here.

Missing me, apparently. Not that I can really say the same, to be truthful. Not be mean, but it's been great to huv a bit o' peace and quiet, and nae interruptions.

That said, speakin' o' the weather, ah hope it stay sunny or at least clear skies for when ah go to Edinburgh.

Graeme1988

Wish ah felt happier when I'm around people, but I really don't. Even family. Mainly because I don't feel as up to par with everyone else intellectually. For aw the praise o' me as this smart, sensible fella, ah dinnae thnk that of myself. Ah always feel self-conscious about myself. Like ah don't huv anythin' to offer or contribute to a conversation.

Ah hate being asked ma opinion, too, simply because half the time I don't feel strongly enough about or informed enough to give it.

But ah think that's mainly due, in part, to a shitty, dysfunctional family upbringing. Ah mean, my family huv'nae exactly been the best examples o' how ye should treat one another. Sorry I'm just rambling, feelin' outta place at the moment. Got a lot on ma mnd, but nae way o' putting it aw into perspective.

Not entirely sure ah huv much to still live for... Ah feel as though life's passed me by. :idontknow:

Graeme1988

It's weird how ah don't feel as excited about the Edinburgh Fringe this year, despite huvin plenty o' reasons to. Ah mean, ah'll be staying there during the opening weekend of it. Getting to see some o' ma favourite comedians again. Yet it all feels kinda... Meh!

Ah guess, it's just anxiety at thought o' being recognised or standing out from the crowd. And the possibility o' huvin to talk to people.

Or mibbe it's the fact that this orthopedic surgery and the year long recovery huv, in a way, overshadow it. And previous things ah managed to get out and see earlier in the year. Or the fact ah huv'nae fully processed it's impact? :thinking:

It's been quite a life-changing year for me. F**k! Ah hope ah dinnae start greetin' at ma next hospital appointment. :crying:

Graeme1988

Don't know where to go with this journal... ? :question: Ah say that because beyond talkin' about gettin' out more n' how ah feel, ma life isn't as interestin' as ye might think.

It's kinda boring, actually. Being stuck in the hoose most o' the time, nae friends. Naebuddy to talk to, or any real genuine connection with. Y'know beyond liking the same thing as someone else. But that's about as far as it goes for me.

The fact ah still feel as insecure about mysel' and ma place in the world. No feelin' good enough, etc. That says a lot about how messed up I am. :sad:

Sorry, ah don't mean to be such a downer. Just ventin'...

Graeme1988

They're arguin' again! :kickingmyself:

Not lookin' forward to ma older sister's summer visit. In fact, ah'd happily off myself now, just so ah don't have to deal with being the quiet one who has to tolerate the, shouty, sweary, drama queen rad-fem shit starter.

No kiddin' either, if ah dinnae huv the choice disown ma family, might as well of masel'. It's a win, win for everybuddy. Ah get peace, and they huv to send the rest of their day wishin' they'd listened to me. Instead o' hearing what they want to hear, and makin' me the bad guy aw the time.

Cause I'm no wrong when ah say, ma family don't take any form o' criticism well. They certainly don't seems willing to accept responsibilty for their words and actions. But that's wimmin for ye. Oh, well, yer bat-shit crazy, emotionally unhinged feminists for ya. Wouldnae want to label aw wimmin like that, just the ones I'm related to.

Ah'll gie ma muther credit where it's due, she wus right. Don't get married, huv kids or enter intae a long term relationship. Ye just end up miserable. Again, ah know that isnae everybuddy's experience. It's in the case o' ma immediate family, it's f**kin' dire. Argument over trival, meaningless shite.

Maybe ah don't understand the opposite sex, that well. Though, with ma family ye cannaae blame me for. But are wimmin really as mental as my sisters. Like really, because if so, I'm gonnae be single the rest o' ma days.

Because ah dinnae ken how anybuddy with college education has the f**kin; nerve to start any argument using this question...

"Whit d'ye mean?" then aggressively follow-up with...​

"Well, why did ye say it like that then, eh?!" Then tell the person who being asked this question to f**k off, because she wus'nae satified with the answer given​

Seriously, l at the middle child, ma niece is gonnae turn out to be a right bitch when she once the teen years kick in and well intae adult life. But then girls are telt they can do no wrong from an early. Probably why they get away so much... Again, just an observation.

Graeme1988

Ah think I'll just give up... Aye, why no? Might as well.

Nuthin' seems to work out for the best. :thumbdown:
Everythin' just goes to shit for me, no matter whit ah do. :kickingmyself:
I'm a f**kin' jinx. Bad luck. No good, f**k-up. :sad: