Obsessed with someone?

Tiercel

I sometimes become overly attached to an online friend... I try not to let it happen, but it's hard... (I'm not talking about an intimate relationship, but a friendship. I'm actually a little surprised nobody else mentioned this in this thread.)

Like I said, as much as I yearn for female companionship I still limit my exposure to them (whether online or in Real Life). Because unrequited love, silly infatuation, and ultimately rejection have always been hard pills for me to swallow.

The only way I obsess over men is when it comes to music. But that is always less of an obsession and more of a profound respect and appreciation.

;)

Littlewilly

Yes i've bin there & i'm still there but my situation (obsession with sum1) has lasted many many years & its far 2 embarrasing 4 me 2 talk about along with my general anxt & wen i realising that its just a crush & in that time there i think there have bin females who have shown an interest in me (I think). It has probably bcum simply 2late.::(:

Fighter86

In my case, I don't think I've really been obsessed with someone for a long time now, I just tend to get 'interested' and think of various guys at various stages, that's all. Not getting my hopes up high that some guy would suddenly declare his undying love for me, has never happened before and don't see it happening now.

AutonomousAutomaton

I have felt the exact same thing. Luckily, she felt the same way about me back. For several months I honestly could not go 30 minutes without thinking about her. It was almost torture when I wasn't with her. It might be unhealthy, but when we were together I was incredibly happy. That kind of crazy obsessive love cannot go on forever though. The passion was very, very high for several months, maybe even a year, but slowly decreased after that. Which is actually probably a good thing.

Loudog

I'm probably the worst obesser here. I actually got her name tattooed on me, so she wouldn't leave me.

Iseesky

Yes, I tend to get obsessed with certain people. Not creepy obsessed...Just curious, I guess. Especially guys from years ago that I used to talk to a lot but lost contact with. Like when SAF (was that what it was called?) shut down. Some people didn't join back up, or...If they did they went with another username.

lilmutegirl

I would say I'm pre-occupied with someone...I was actually dating a guy that I really liked in high school (we were 24 when we dated) when I met my now ex-husband. The ex-husband insisted at the time that we become boyfriend and girlfriend, even though I specifically said I didn't want a boyfriend. Because of my SA I have trouble asserting myself, so I caved pretty quickly, stopped talking to my high school crush, and I regret it all the time. As a result, I have elevated the crush, and think pretty highly of him. I recently saw him at our 10-year reunion, and that reinforced my crush on him, though I realize that the guy in my head is probably very different from the real person.

HeavyRain

Yes unfortunately, it's been over a year now, and it's no longer under my control.
It's as if he appears in my thoughts subconsciously, I want it to stop.

Gonçalo

Yes. 3 years i've lost loving her. i consider myself a man of brain, not heart. if i were just my heart, i would be dead already. but no. my reason cames first that my heart, and because of that i'm a miserable person. i love her but i cannot be with her, just because. She's not my ideia of perfect woman. don't get me wrong. she's beautiful and kind, but there are many aspects in her personality that damages her in my eyes. This way is probably better. Be alone. just casual meetings with different womens. just live my life without that attachment. sorry the bad english

emmasma

Yes!
For me it is worse because it is another woman and I am married (to a man) with kids. She is also way out of my league. I work with her many times a week and every time I start to ease up is starts all over when i see her:rolleyes:. When I see her in real life it seems weird and I wonder if she can tell.

lyricalliaisons

Yes, my entire life I have gotten obsessions over people. For years, it would be on people I somewhat knew, but once I hit my teens, it became focused more on celebrities & has stayed that way luckily. People find that creepy, but I still think it's better to obsess over fictional characters or people on tv than people in real life. It makes me feel less odd lol.

AGR

Yes I get obsessed with someone whos doesnt exist,dont know if that makes any sense lol.

JamesSmith

Yes, and I believe this happens to SAD sufferers because we don't have as many relationships as other people, so we cling on to any bit of connection to a human being that we get.

Hey SPW,

Have you ever obsessed about someone so much that thoughts of that person occupied you almost all the time?

I've been fixated on someone for the better part of the last 8 months, thinking about her all the time...when I wake up, on my way to work, AT work, when I'm at the gym, jogging, at home, sitting on the internet, even on vacation.

I know it's unhealthy (which is why I deactivated my facebook account), but it's just the way my brain is wired now. I can't get her out of my head...

Every time I see her name on my cellphone or on my email, I am taken to another place...it's as if I can die happy...

I've given up on trying to overcome that obsession. All I can do now is just hope I get over her gradually or (less likely) maybe something may happen down the line....

Is anyone else going/has gone through this?

Obsessed? This word carries negative weight and leads to an assumption that its unhealthy. Captivated? Immersed? the thesaurus isn't helping much. I see it as a positive internal force that stokes inner places that are cold and forgotten and drives away unwelcome gloom. Yes, I am experiencing this unworded feeling. :)

coyote

Obsessed? This word carries negative weight and leads to an assumption that its unhealthy. Captivated? Immersed? the thesaurus isn't helping much. I see it as a positive internal force that stokes inner places that are cold and forgotten and drives away unwelcome gloom. Yes, I am experiencing this unworded feeling. :)

Is it me? I'm sorry.

Let's talk privately.