not wanting to flirt

LazyHermitCrab

..............................................................................................

Last edited:

jaim38

He keeps saying to come everyday, because I have a beautiful smile and stuff. I can't help smiling when someone does to me.

It sounds like he's complimenting you. As long as he's not making sexual innuendos or asking you out, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Ithior

You should probably tell him he's bothering you or making you uncomfortable or something.

LazyHermitCrab

It sounds like he's complimenting you. As long as he's not making sexual innuendos or asking you out, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Yeah I just don't like someone saying where have you been when they don't know you personally... I find it uncomfortable x.x lol

jaim38

It is. Are they supposed to flirt?

I don't know. I never had any staff from Starbucks flirt with me or seen any flirting there.

Yeah I just don't like someone saying where have you been when they don't know you personally... I find it uncomfortable x.x lol

I get what you mean. I also feel uncomfortable when I go to a store a lot and the staff start to recognize me so they say things like, "I always see her...that's the girl who comes a lot." I'd rather remain anonymous and hope nobody recognizes me the next time.

Try going to different Starbucks stores, or better yet bring your own coffee from home if you have a coffee machine. You'd be surprised how much it can save you.

LazyHermitCrab

I don't know. I never had any staff from Starbucks flirt with me or seen any flirting there.

I get what you mean. I also feel uncomfortable when I go to a store a lot and the staff start to recognize me so they say things like, "I always see her...that's the girl who comes a lot." I'd rather remain anonymous and hope nobody recognizes me the next time.

Try going to different Starbucks stores, or better yet bring your own coffee from home if you have a coffee machine. You'd be surprised how much it can save you.

Yeah I will have to. It's just... that was the only drive through Starbucks. I don't like going inside lol

TreeBones

If it won't be trouble or anything I would just start going to a different coffee shop, especially if you have a boyfriend. If you don't know for sure that he's hitting on you and you tell him in some way that you feel uncomfortable with it, that will be way more awkward.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Going to a different cafe? why? Just politely tell him that he's making you feel uncomfortable with so many compliments.

Quirk87

Banned
If the flirtation is not reciprocated and it is making you feel uncomfortable, just tell him that you are uncomfortable. You shouldn't have to go to a different coffee shop as they are public spaces for customers.

Capsaicin

If the flirtation is not reciprocated and it is making you feel uncomfortable, just tell him that you are uncomfortable. You shouldn't have to go to a different coffee shop as they are public spaces for customers.

Despite any anxiety, I agree with this and other posters saying that the best route would be a polite confrontation (mentioning your boyfriend might be enough to get the point across). There's no shortage of people approaching others in coffeeshops, even if they're wearing a ring. If you move for one, how many are you going to move for?

GhoulsNightOut

He keeps saying to come everyday, because I have a beautiful smile and stuff. I can't help smiling when someone does to me.

Maybe he keeps flirting because he sees your positive reaction each time. Maybe you should have on a poker face when he compliments you so that will discourage him. ==> :-|

TreeBones

The guy who's flirting with you most likely isn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable on purpose. If you're going to go about " telling him politely ", which probably wouldn't be easy to do in the first place, then just do what capsaicin mentioned and bring up your boyfriend, that should do the trick. :) I'm not a guy but If I thought a girl was cute and was hitting on her and she asked me to stop, that would be harsh. it's just sooo .. out there. I feel bad for guys in that way because they are the ones who mostly initiate things and get shot down for it.

..why couldn't you have just done what others have said and just grunted short dismissive replies, or mentioned your bf..he would have gotten the message...but you have changed your routine because of this one guy?? is it worth it?...... surely if you have no interest in the guy then you would be able to do this?..he would just move on and try it on the next customer he fancies anyway?