no anxiety just introverted

recluse

ive just come home from a funeral of a family member (dad's sister in law) for days i dreaded an attack of socail anxiety and when i got there....anxiety free. I was calm throughout but i was still quiet. I have sometimes noticed that i have no social anxiety but i am introverted....im actually cool with being introverted and perhaps i am coming to terms with this simply being my personality type? I notice that my sa is bad when i have felt conscious of my quiet nature and compare myself to outgoing people. I must admit i dont start many convos and sort of join in to others.... im no good at thinking up convo topics. I quite like the idea of being a strong silent guy like clint eastwood in the western films. What do you think?

Lea

Banned
Social anxiety on funeral :confused: I´d rather be afraid that I´m going to cry or be depressed. My mother has allegedly the opposite problem, she said she always gets a laughing attack :D. I said are you going to laugh when I die, she said no, I only laugh on strangers funerals :).

recluse

Social anxiety on funeral :confused: I´d rather be afraid that I´m going to cry or be depressed. My mother has allegedly the opposite problem, she said she always gets a laughing attack :D. I said are you going to laugh when I die, she said no, I only laugh on strangers funerals :).

yes. Lots of family and other people i either never see or dont even know, and as i was one of the coffin carriers fear of messing up.

laure15

My dad's family don't like me so I don't think I'll be welcomed at their weddings or funerals.
Not that I want to go anyway.

Predacon

I'm an introvert by nature myself, so even without the SA I probably wouldn't be starting too many conversations especially at a funeral.

LazyHermitCrab

Well I know how your mom felt I think. But the only funeral I went to was for someone close to me. It was for my grandpa and i had to try so hard not to laugh. I really loved my grandpa and if there was someway i could have communcated sorry to him i would. It's just that funerals are awkward and then i start thinking of the most obscure things so had to go upstairs until it was over. I have cried about it... it's just hard for me to cry at a scheduled time. :s

gazelle

I think you've made a good realization here.While some poeple might be quiet out of weakness or anxiety, some might be like that because it's their nature.
It seems that poeple don't mind these types of introverts and like the example you mentioned many might find this as an attractive trait.Unfortunately for me that's not the case at all since I show extrovert tendencies with poeple who I'm comfortable with.