New Year/Decade Misery

Tlachtgha

Does anyone else feel depressed about the approach of the new year/decade?

I have to say I feel dreadful about it. I can't believe how quickly this decade has flown by.
"2002, 2005, 2008 - where did all those years go?!

It's also a decade which, for me, was dominated by OCD, SP and other problems which really held me back from making any real progress with my life. I've achieved a few things - attended groups, started evening classes etc. but I still feel that those years were basically wasted ones.
And now they're gone forever.

I'd better put an end to this now before I become suicidal :)

philly2bits

I was thinking the same thing. It seems really strange that all that Y2K stuff was exactly 10 years ago. For me it feels like time passes slowly while I'm living it, but when I look back it just seems to be a blur.

I am looking forward to booting this past decade out the door!......Made a lot of major mistakes. Hopefully I will have a better decade ahead, with what I have learned from those past mistakes.

Old Boots

I don't know. I don't even know what year it is half the time. To be honest, I wouldn't even know what day it if people didn't make such a big deal about it.

well, when you try to look at an entire year all at once of course it will make you miserable because its just too much.

Square_Eyes

Well, my parents are clearly so ashamed by the fact that I'll voluntarily be spending this New Years Eve alone that they've already set about telling people that I've got friends coming over to spend it with me. A truly awesome way to enter in to the new year if you ask me, knowing that my parents are out at some dinner party somewhere lying about me in order to cover up the embarrassment I so clearly cause them. I hope they have fun, painting me up as the son they probably wish they had.

Well, my parents are clearly so ashamed by the fact that I'll voluntarily be spending this New Years Eve alone that they've already set about telling people that I've got friends coming over to spend it with me. A truly awesome way to enter in to the new year if you ask me, knowing that my parents are out at some dinner party somewhere lying about me in order to cover up the embarrassment I so clearly cause them. I hope they have fun, painting me up as the son they probably wish they had.

Hey don't feel so bad yar? Parents are like that I guess. They want what they believe is the ideal for their children. Hmmm...

Square eyes, full heart
That part of you they wouldn't know
False starts, true soul
The writer's words yet to unfold

Poet's prose to tell of nature
Summer's splendor in crimson wonder
Wondering of the one to ponder
Who ponders on the songs of nature

And nature's tunes in the sun swept dunes
For nature's boons recurring bloom
So bloom and prosper and fear not, never
For tomorrow may go to your desire

So square eyes squander the idle chatter
The speech that grieves so rise in answer
Some paint of you but some never knew
The best of you and you know it's true

So if New Year's Eve is to sift and give
Give the world the same old you
Reprise the best, the rest can rest
So arise anew, with square eyes true

Sorry if I got some parts wrong. Feeling foggy/tired while writing this poem.

iwanttogetbetter

Yeah, I want to turn back time.

I'm 23? What?...

true, i'm 25 and im like what.... when this happen... but i can't believe a decade has past its really Erie how life just goes a long. How you now see new generations coming and old ones (me) taking over jobs and business, making families etc. you look at the younger ones and your like holy **** thats not me anymore... or maybe its just me who sees it like this holy **** 2010...

mrb

jesus people your all just a fetus ......... try being 45 like me jesus :eek: did i just say that delete delete :eek:

cosmosis

What the hell happened to this decade? It's a complete blur. My mom wasn't kidding when she said life goes fast. Just when I think it can't get any faster, the next year goes twice as fast. Please please slow down. I no longer really feel any suicidal thoughts...I mean what's the point in feeling that when its going to be over soon anyways?

Square_Eyes

Square eyes, full heart
That part of you they wouldn't know
False starts, true soul
The writer's words yet to unfold

Poet's prose to tell of nature
Summer's splendor in crimson wonder
Wondering of the one to ponder
Who ponders on the songs of nature

And nature's tunes in the sun swept dunes
For nature's boons recurring bloom
So bloom and prosper and fear not, never
For tomorrow may go to your desire

So square eyes squander the idle chatter
The speech that grieves so rise in answer
Some paint of you but some never knew
The best of you and you know it's true

So if New Year's Eve is to sift and give
Give the world the same old you
Reprise the best, the rest can rest
So arise anew, with square eyes true

Dronee, did you write that? :eek:

true, i'm 25 and im like what.... when this happen... but i can't believe a decade has past its really Erie how life just goes a long. How you now see new generations coming and old ones (me) taking over jobs and business, making families etc. you look at the younger ones and your like holy **** thats not me anymore... or maybe its just me who sees it like this holy **** 2010...

It's not only you

lyricalliaisons

I'm definitely dreading the 2010. My life is so uncertain. I have made strides in this past decade, I've done a lot, though compared to others my age & even people 10 years younger than me, I'm still far behind. I've still never had a job, I'm still too scared to talk to people, I've still never been in a relationship & on & on. I'm terrified of what 2010 will be like in regards to my mothers health, my mental status, living situation, finances, & numerous other things.

Fighter86

You know, I totally get this feeling, one fine day last year, I got up with this horrible feeling that I wasted YEARS doing absolutely nothing, no school, no work, no outings with friends because I don't have them, that I ended up finding a job to jump start things. Its been a year on, and while life isn't great, it still is better than what it was a year back, and yes, I am really feeling the increasing pressure to achieve something with each passing year now. I always lie about my age when I can, but it doesn't really matter anyway because the reality is the years are swiftly passing by, and I can feel the clock telling me to hurry to make something out of myself before its too late, and you know what, I don't know how the heck I am going to do it, or if I can summon the courage to do that.

nopark

Same sentiments here, Fighter86.

I just about dislocated my jaw the other day when I heard about one of my old highschool friends getting married. Stuff like that -- feels like I've got a lot of catching up to do!