Natural Ways to Deal with Depression?

paperie

I wouldn't say I'm normally very depressive (well, I have my moments..) but lately I have just feel so off and not like myself. I have zero energy. I cry over nothing :eek:mg: I wouldn't say I have any reason at the moment to feel so depressed, so I'm wondering if something else is going on with me. I'm hoping to see a doctor soon (after my insurance is sorted out). Any suggestions though? I've started taking a multivitamin again in case I'm having some type of deficiency.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Please, OP, ignore any "HURR ALCOHOL" posts you might see. I can assure you it's not the solution. Just go to your doctor.

Capsaicin

I think eating a better diet will help more than multivitamins, as you're also cutting out all kinds of junk.

Sleep and alcohol

Plenty of good deep sleep is important, alcohol makes it worse for me. agree with good food, multi vits, sunlight and exercise/activity

also:

healthy thinking
break away from normal routine
funny movie, something to laugh at

sahxox

I found my depression/apathy to be interlinked with boredom... feeling without purpose, nothing is exciting. So I decided to do what they do in jail... excercise lol. Feeling muscles burn (in a good way) is amazing, it comes with a sense of accomplishment and is a good emotional release.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Exercise, sunlight, healthy eating.

This is the solution you are looking for, + spend less time on the computer. I would avoid medication if I was you unless exercice, sunlight and healthy diet doesn't work. I was personnally able to stabilize my moods and eradicate most of my depression only by changing diet.

Flanscho

Meditation.
Social interaction.
Regular daily activities.
Physical activities.
Healthy diet.
Regular sleep.

vickiekitties

I've been self medicating with SI and drug use for years, I wouldn't recommend it. :(
The only other things that have worked at all were diet and exercise. Pretty sure my doctor was trying to kill me with some crazy psychotropic combo, I can't trust them anymore.

Lambert

Exercise is a good way to deal with the depression.
Depression and anxiety is because of mental illness. Yoga and meditation are more effective natural exercise techniques to deal with stress, depression, and anxiety.

Last edited:

squidgee

Warm showers are nice. I find it has a soothing effect.

Also, video games. It's not exactly natural but escaping into some fantasy world takes your mind off things for a while. Same goes for books and music.