My 2 original songs (lyrics + music)

Liam17

I'v been writing loads of new stuff lately, been pretty down. heres two of them. There's some mistakes, there sorta a feel for song, when we go to record them at the studio. Acoustic versions you could say. (theres no video, just music)

I'm crap at singing, but it helps get feedback on the feel of the song and lyrics as much as possible. So just focus on the music + lyrics please, cause i have a good singer lined up.

Many thanks, liam.

1st song - It's alright

YouTube - It's alright (original)

When you look at the mirror,
and your tired of the meaning of life.
all the questions and answers
Sail away to the back of your mind.

This eduction isn't making sense anymore.
all the lies,
bring’s the sea’s close to the shore.

When you take away what we are,
You’ll leave us, with more than a scar.
but it’s alright.
It’s alright.

(short instrumental)

When you wake up tomorrow, and your
tried of the sun and your bones.
When want to fly away, to a place
that nobody knows.

Falling down, this endless hole.
When you look in her eyes,
Do you ever wonder
the meaning of your soul?

When you take away what we are,
You’ll leave us, with more than a scar.
but it’s alright.
It’s alright

(Solo)

When your lost in the city,
In this lonely, soulless town,
Don’t ask why.

Cause
It’s alright
It’s alright
It’s alright

Second song - free

YouTube - Free (original)

Can you take back,
Your life in these lands,
Theres not much else to be.
Cause In this life,
There aint much sympathy.

Out in the air,
With nothing to care,
Where it’s all made to deceive.
Cause in this life,
There aint much to receive.

Can we live our dreams,
and nightmares.
To be what we wanna be. X2

When it’s raining,
and cold outside
Grab my soul for free.
If you really cared.
Would you talk to me?

To keep it alive,
Theres not much else to breathe
Cause love in this life,
Is just all make believe
to me.

Can we live our dreams,
and nightmares.

Cause all i wanna be
Is free.

DespairSoul

Hello,

I love this playing on guitar u play very good,is emotive and beautiful, honesty singing is bad but this words are really good u are talented writer of songs and playing on guitar is well. Bravo liam!!! Cheers

Last edited:

Liam17

Hello,

I love this playing on guitar u play very good,is emotive and beautiful, honesty singing is bad but this words are really good u are talented writer of songs and playing on guitar is well. Bravo liam!!! Cheers

Yeah i know i'm crap at singing, thanks for your honesty. It's manly to get a feeling of the song.

Cheers

Edited: It was all recorded from my ipod, so sound quality is not the best, need to invest in some recording equipment.

Last edited:

Feathers

Hey Liam,

I really like your lyrics: you have some really fresh metaphors and a way with words.. These are my favorite parts:
I just wanted to sing along... so I think many people can relate to that..

When you look at the mirror,
and your tired of the meaning of life.
all the questions and answers
Sail away to the back of your mind. >> makes me feel relaxed :)

When you look in her eyes,
Do you ever wonder
the meaning of your soul? >> just beautiful!!

Can we live our dreams,
and nightmares.
To be what we wanna be. X2 >> I've often wondered that, you put it well tho, I never knew how to express it with words before

When it’s raining,
and cold outside
Grab my soul for free. >> again, simply beautiful
If you really cared.
Would you talk to me?

Can we live our dreams,
and nightmares.

Cause all i wanna be
Is free. >> good ending too!!

I think it's really good to put creative energy into music and songs.. Keep on ROCKIN'!!

PS Are you going for the FAWM thing too? FAWM.ORG / February Album Writing Month

DespairSoul

Yeah i know i'm crap at singing, thanks for your honesty. It's manly to get a feeling of the song.

Cheers

Edited: It was all recorded from my ipod, so sound quality is not the best, need to invest in some recording equipment.

No problem i sing alone bad by myself then i will not mind if some honesty say to me also ::p: what is the truth. Truth is always the best but sometimes u dont say it if u see someone is sensitive now i feel quilty i hope u are fine with that??:( Yes definetly u are right i know what u mean to get a feeling of the song. Ipod yea if would be yet better quality of sound but anyway was very good to me lisen that i relaxing,calming keep doing what u do LIAM:D

Liam17

No problem i sing alone bad by myself then i will not mind if some honesty say to me also ::p: what is the truth. Truth is always the best but sometimes u dont say it if u see someone is sensitive now i feel quilty i hope u are fine with that??:( Yes definetly u are right i know what u mean to get a feeling of the song. Ipod yea if would be yet better quality of sound but anyway was very good to me lisen that i relaxing,calming keep doing what u do LIAM:D

haha don't worry i know i'm crap, thats why i said i'm crap when i posted them :p.

Just people get a feel of the song when i play and sing,

Liam17

Hey Liam,

I really like your lyrics: you have some really fresh metaphors and a way with words.. These are my favorite parts:
I just wanted to sing along... so I think many people can relate to that..

I think it's really good to put creative energy into music and songs.. Keep on ROCKIN'!!

PS Are you going for the FAWM thing too? FAWM.ORG / February Album Writing Month

Thank you, glad you like the lyrics :)

I don't think i will, i'm not good enough to enter a competition.

thor01

Nice!
For the first song, I honestly think your own vocals suit it!
You don't necesserily need to be a "good" singer as in what might be officialy seen as "good". If a voice suits a song/band and makes it more unique, thats good. And I thought the way you sang suited the feel of the song, in my opinion.
And I guess vocals can be improved the more you do it and work on it anyway.

Last edited:
Nice work, you really are good at songwriting, It's really creative.
I think you just made an inspiring song! I think this could be a great song if you would record it in studio, maybe? ;) But yeah, singing is ok but you can always improve right? :rolleyes: I loved the first song, it's really beautiful :)
Keep it up, Liam! :cool:

Liam17

Nice work, you really are good at songwriting, It's really creative.
I think you just made an inspiring song! I think this could be a great song if you would record it in studio, maybe? ;) But yeah, singing is ok but you can always improve right? :rolleyes: I loved the first song, it's really beautiful :)
Keep it up, Liam! :cool:

Haha i think singing is natural, your good or your crap.

Thank you :)

Thanks for feedback everyone much appreciated.

WriterChick3

I love the guitar. It's awesome ....
If you want to sing, it isn't impossible. You can take vocal lessons if you want to perfect it; I personally didn't think your singing was bad, but lessons can improve it if you're wanting to both sing and play an instrument.

Liam17

I love the guitar. It's awesome ....
If you want to sing, it isn't impossible. You can take vocal lessons if you want to perfect it; I personally didn't think your singing was bad, but lessons can improve it if you're wanting to both sing and play an instrument.

Thank you :)