Metalheads?

lithium

Any fellow metal lovers??
And I'm referring to the musical genre.
Whether it be death metal, deathcore, hardcore, black metal, ect.

Jimsie

Indeed, i mostly listen to metal. At the moment i am into listening to a lot of black metal stuff like Enslaved, Wolves in the Throne Room, Iskald, Absu etc. I also like progressive metal, folk metal and technical death metal.

talisman

I love metal, especially viking, pagan and folk orientated bands, as well as some power, black and melodic death.

recluse

I like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, and Rammstein.

I'm not really into the screamo stuff.

FOR REAL

Banned
deathcore, and hardcore
fk aye, anything over 300bpm
years back, i was driving on the ice, listening to a loftgroover tape, i was loving it, sliding all over the road with headbutting tunes (until i crashed into a river)
these are probably not classed as metal

LOFTGROOVER
LENNY DEE
MARK NEWLANDS
HMS (r.i.p)

youve probably never heard of them, cause they are more GABBER than metal

this_portrait

Good shit!! Which ones??

I like (in no particular order):: Killswitch Engage, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Tool (not sure if you would classify them as metal, though), Arch Enemy, Avenged Sevenfold, Lacuna Coil, System of a Down, KoRn, Nightwish, Rammstein, Atreyu. . .

. . . and I can't think of anymore at the moment!

I also like a lot of industrial metal bands as well.

slimjim119

My favorite metal has always been Glam/hair and thrash metal of the 80s and early 90s.I can't seem to get into the new stuff. I like some alternative rock.

Tiercel

Currently listening to a band called Slechtvalk. Others I enjoy include (in no particular order) Iron Maiden, Bathory, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Megadeth, Type O Negative, Pantera, Metallica, Cacophony, Helloween, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Falconer, Dark Moor, Sonata Arctica, Manowar, Yngwie Malmsteen....

And I won't get into the "older ____" or "(musician) era ____" of bands. Nor will I pick a side in any of Dave Mustaine's many feuds. :)

For those interested, my friend gave me a great book. Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal by Ian Christe. It's about 6 or so years old, so it's obviously a few years from being complete nowadays. But it's great for finding some cooler, older bands that you don't hear too much about anymore.

sabbath

Banned
Crüe Fest 2 last night was great! We got there late so we only saw Theory of a Deadman, Godsmack and Motley Crüe, they were all awesome!

When i get high
I get high on speed
Top fuel funny car's
A drug for me
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart
Always got the cops
Coming after me
Custom built bike doing 103
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart

(pre-chorus)
Ooh, are you ready girls?
Ooh, are you ready now?

(chorus)
Ooh, yeh
Kickstart my heart
Give it a start
Ooh, yeh, baby
Ooh, yeh
Kickstart my heart
Hope it never stops
Ooh, yeh, baby

Skydive naked
From an aeroplane
Or a lady with a
Body from outerspace
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart

Say i got trouble
Trouble in my eyes
I'm just looking for
Another good time
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart

(pre-chorus)

(chorus)

When we started this band
All we needed, needed was a laugh
Years gone by...i'd say we've kicked some ass
When i'm enraged
Or hittin' the stage
Adrenalin rushing
Through my veins
And i'd say we're still kickin' ass

Ooo, ahh, kickstart my heart
I hope it never stops
And to think, we did all of this...
To rock

(chorus)

(solo)

(chorus)

Ok boys, let's rock the house

Kickstart my heart

Last edited:

Cal

I used to spend my days researching metal on Encyclopedia Metallum, so my knowledge of bands is fairly deep. I like all types of metal... but thrash has always been my favourite sub-genre.

Anyone ever heard of the bands Cyclone Temple, Watchtower or Dark Angel (to name a few)?

iamthenra

Deicide, Carcass, Lamb of God, Megadeath, Metallica (pre 1990), Pantera, Slipknot, Testament, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Obituary, Fear Factory

crestfallen.

Deicide, Carcass, Lamb of God, Megadeath, Metallica (pre 1990), Pantera, Slipknot, Testament, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Obituary, Fear Factory

Great band, imo.

Black metal is my favorite style of metal. And like Cal, I spent countless hours on Encyclopedia Metallum looking for bands I might be into. My favorites are Panopticon, Woe, Sargeist, and Altar of Plagues.

Some non-black metal bands I'm into are Cult of Luna and Katatonia.

Cal

crestfallen - it's great to see that you're into newer/obscure bands, rather than listing the no-brainer bands everyone loves. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I think a lot of less-known bands deserve WAY more recognition.

Do you guys exclusively listen to rock/metal? Or do you like other types of music as well? Apart form listening to anything rock related, I also listen to reggae, and jazz. Right now I'm even into electronica, which probably stemmed from my appreciation for prog rock and keyboards.

M.A is a great website though, it's also pretty humorous when you come along a band such as Zuckuss. But I really wish they weren't so stingy on accepting bands that aren't or haven't ALWAYS been metal. I guess that's their choice though.

Last edited:

crestfallen.

crestfallen - it's great to see that you're into newer/obscure bands, rather than listing the no-brainer bands everyone loves. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I think a lot of less-known bands deserve WAY more recognition.

Do you guys exclusively listen to rock/metal? Or do you like other types of music as well? Apart form listening to anything rock related, I also listen to reggae, and jazz. Right now I'm even into electronica, which probably stemmed from my appreciation for prog rock and keyboards.

M.A is a great website though, it's also pretty humorous when you come along a band such as Zuckuss. But I really wish they weren't so stingy on accepting bands that aren't or haven't ALWAYS been metal. I guess that's their choice though.

Thanks man! And I definitely agree with you as far as lesser-known bands being deserving of more recognition than they get sometimes. Nothing against larger bands, because their music happens to touch a lot of people, but there's good stuff to be found if one doesn't mind digging deeper. Of course, it's all a matter of preference.

Personally, my tastes mainly fall under the umbrella of rock, be it punk, hardcore, metal, or singer-songwriter type of stuff.

And yes, M.A. is a wonderful site. That said, their criteria for accepting bands is kind of weird though. Oh, and Zuckuss' M-A page is hilarious too :D.

Cal

It seems there are quite a few Megadeth fans here, has anyone else heard Endgame yet?

I just heard it last night, I think like the last 2 albums, it's solid, but not really spectacular.