'Making Australia Happy' show

The Nephilim

Hey Phocas, this looks interesting. When's it on? it's on the website, but takes too much of my data unfortunately.

Last edited:
^ Good!

This on SBS tonight looks interesting, too

7:30

How Mad Are You?

Where does the line between sanity and madness lie and is it easy to recognise? This program re-creates a 1972 experiment in a search for the difference between the mentally ill and the supposedly sane. Ten subjects, including five with a history of mental illness, are forced to work together, face stressful situations and confront their fears. But will the manic depressives and obsessive compulsives reveal themselves? Observing the subjects is an international panel of experts who attempt to tell which is which. (From the UK) (Documentary) PG CC WS

Aussie_Lad

Yeah saw it. Was an interesting show. Good to see the techniques that they are using in real life to help resolve people's unhappiness.

Look forward to the SBS one tonight.

EscapeArtist

How touching. Somehow reality shows motivate me a lot. Probably because seeing other people in the same situation is very different than reading text about people in the same situation.

I think I'm going to take up all the strategies they used and apply them to every day... Think they mentioned diet, sleep, exercise, good deeds, and values. Although I've messed them all up today so I'll start with that tomorrow. Main one for me is very much like Ben, huge gap between the life wanted and the life that is, and money standing in the way. Interesting show. I love shows from Aussie/the Uk in comparison from the American shows we Canadians get, they are so much more...real and less over-dramatic

Aussie_Lad

Just took the test on the website and scored 50. I find it intesting that the test results of Australia are lower than the expected average. Most states are around the 62-63 mark. I guess that makes us slightly unhappy as a nation, than we used to be.

EscapeArtist

hey 50 aint too shabby :)

I scored a 13. I think the results are biased (for me) from a lack of appreciation, spurring from a lack of experience? I don't know..

^ Good!

This on SBS tonight looks interesting, too

7:30

How Mad Are You?

Where does the line between sanity and madness lie and is it easy to recognise? This program re-creates a 1972 experiment in a search for the difference between the mentally ill and the supposedly sane. Ten subjects, including five with a history of mental illness, are forced to work together, face stressful situations and confront their fears. But will the manic depressives and obsessive compulsives reveal themselves? Observing the subjects is an international panel of experts who attempt to tell which is which. (From the UK) (Documentary) PG CC WS

This was really good - I'll try to find a link to it

Aussie_Lad

It's kind of borderline which is how I was feeling this week. I was in a real foul mood on Monday, but by Tuesday after investigating some future study options further (which was brought about by some synchronicities in my life), I started to get a little excited by the possibilty of a positive future.

Last edited:

I scored a 13. I think the results are biased (for me) from a lack of appreciation, spurring from a lack of experience? I don't know..

I got 62 on this, I think its up because I've had house demolitions as motivation and exercise activity

Lets do it again in a week and see if there's a change

Last edited:

Kiwong

I got 40. I found some of the questions hard. There have been days when I have been extremely happy, but when exposed to the things that trigger my anxiety, I have have really hit rock bottom.

I just scored 49. I know thay my levels of happiness depend on the situation I am, and who I am trying to relate to. General I know my life has the potential to be great, if I could only change the things holding me back.

Last edited:

Feathers

heh it doesn't let me watch it - says it's only available in Australia?

How come people in Canada can watch it though? bloody discrimination!! uhh..

Maybe they're counting on our TV stations buying it? We'll see... (maybe in a year or a few...??)

Aussie_Lad

After watching the last show, I got a hunch that Ben also had a bit of social anxiety. Anyone else get that hunch too?

heh it doesn't let me watch it - says it's only available in Australia?

How come people in Canada can watch it though? bloody discrimination!! uhh..

Maybe they're counting on our TV stations buying it? We'll see... (maybe in a year or a few...??)

Perhaps you can you download them instead of streaming? link here Making Australia Happy : Episodes

EscapeArtist

Yes, I got that hunch too. It looks like even he doesn't know what it is.
I also think he might have a bit of AvPD