Loyal's Thoughts

LoyalXenite

Still waiting for the dentist to call me with an appointment but I managed to get some temporary dental cement stuff which has helped enough to make it bearable.

I've finished out my first week at the Santa Photography job, I still hate the uniform but the job itself has been going ok. Though I just found out that I know one of the girls I'm working with and she was quite unpleasant so Im dreading the shifts I share with her. Which unfortunately is my next upcoming shift. Luckily I got permission for my tattoos and so didnt have to add a long sleeve shirt to the uniform- which gets hot enough as it is with the hat and mask and knee high socks.

I had an awesome experience last night where I got to see some bioluminescent waves at a local beach. They were a bit far out so none of my photos came out great, but I got a couple shots where you can at least get the gist of it

262001559_10158573883735745_8278641582963189969_n.jpg

Since for some reason spw removes my images after a few days I'll include a link to them if anyone wants to see them and spw has taken the pics away. https://www.instagram.com/p/CW3bYguvJQB/

LoyalXenite

So its time to do my annual xmas cards and I've got some left over cards this year so Im trying to decide who to use them on. I have 8 spares so I was considering doing a couple to give to some of the team at work. But of course now Im over thinking it coz I was like well a couple of the people I'm only gonna have one or two shifts with overall so would be weird to do a card for them, and one other I know from before and dont want to do a card for. Really theres a couple of people I'd be ok with giving a card to, but then would it be rude to everyone else? Like I could do it subtly and they'd probably never know.. But then again its such a short term job that maybe its just weird to give them a card anyway.. ughh social crap always throws me for a loop

LoyalXenite

Been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions as usual. I had the 10 year anniversary of my friends death a few days ago which was rough, the next day I actually found a note she'd written me when I was re-sorting the garage so I've been a little fragile. But I had a good day today, I got two new tattoos (the ones that were my xmas present last year that got delayed half a dozen times coz of covid). I'll include the pics and a link again for when spw takes the pics away lol.

267733115_10158600116655745_7896447034051761043_n.jpg

267528215_10158600117330745_1869334663507744986_n.jpg

I did end up writing cards for a couple of the people I work with, but I havent decided if I'll give them out, and one person who I was gonna give one to was kinda rude to me last shift we shared so I dont know if I'll give him one anymore 😅

I've been flat out the last few days with work and reorganizing the garage and helping dad move stuff around to start getting the baby's room ready, and I've got work pretty much everyday until my last shift on xmas eve so I'm feeling rather sore and tired, but I'm really happy with how my tatts turned out, especially the dragon one. I think its my favourite out of all my tatts. So thats been helping lighten my mood today

LoyalXenite

I forgot to mention too I've still been on the getting healthier thing and I'm up to a 35kg loss now. Still got a while before I reach my target and its starting to slow down now so I think the next stage is gonna be slower and a bit harder. But Im on my way and Im finally starting to notice the difference so thats been nice

LoyalXenite

Had a nice night tonight. I went out to dinner, an arcade, and then the movies with one of the girls I work with. Not in a date way coz she's only 20 and that would feel super skeevy considering Im 31 😂, but more in a friendly way. She's fun to hang with and one of like 2 coworkers I actually enjoy working with. Theyre the only ones Im still considering giving Xmas Cards to 😅

We went and saw Encanto which was really enjoyable, though hit on some tender issues I had 😂

LoyalXenite

Seems like my brain is trying to process something. Not entirely sure what, but everytime Im not distracted enough I feel like Im dancing on the edge of a breakdown but Im not even sure what the trigger is. Maybe its the anniversary of Gabe's death or the usual xmas funk or something else has triggered a reaction and Im not sure what it is.

Maybe its a combo of everything.

LoyalXenite

Had my last shift with Santaland today, thankfully it was with the 2 girls that I actually enjoyed working with so that made it more fun. I ended up buying them a little xmas gift and doing xmas cards just for them two coz I figured they were the only ones I liked. After work I went out to an arcade and them dinner with one of them, the same one I went to the movies with. It was good fun. She's a lot of fun to hang out with so hopefully we can do it again in the future.

I'm now trying to avoid a happy crash which feels like its trying to brew, so Im trying to focus on the fun I had and then Im gonna try and distract myself.. might watch some xmas movies since it is xmas eve, see if I can start feeling like its xmas tomorrow coz it just doesnt feel remotely xmassy. Then again it never tends to so maybe I'm just too grinchy 😂

LoyalXenite

Its weird not working again. I feel adrift and lonely.

Couldnt even hang out with my usual dnd group this week coz theyve been covid exposed and so we're waiting to see what their results are, by the time they get the results they'll be due to be re-tested as well so it might be a few weeks before I get to see them again. Im hoping they're all clear and trying to not stress over the potential positive but Im struggling to distract myself coz I just want some company. Virtual company isnt hitting the spot.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Dying my hair again. Going purple instead of green this time, next time I've got a real nice blue chosen, but after that I may come back to green. We'll see how it goes. It'll also depend on what happens with any future potential jobs too.
So you're joining the Blue rinse gang eh? 😉

LoyalXenite

Last night I applied for a job at a local office supply store chain, they rang me this morning and did an on the spot phone interview, then a few hours later I got an email saying I'd gotten the job. Its all happened so fast that I havent really processed it but I'm hoping it'll be good - and that I dont have to dye my hair to a more average colour.

I also am starting a volunteering thing tomorrow, which will become a weekly thing if all goes well. Its at a Dingo Sanctuary so Im really excited for that one.

We're also in the final month of baby time. Aka I may be getting my first sibling soon, theoretically it could happen any time now, but he is actually due in like 3 to 4 weeks.

PugofCrydee

Last night I applied for a job at a local office supply store chain, they rang me this morning and did an on the spot phone interview, then a few hours later I got an email saying I'd gotten the job. Its all happened so fast that I havent really processed it but I'm hoping it'll be good - and that I dont have to dye my hair to a more average colour.

I also am starting a volunteering thing tomorrow, which will become a weekly thing if all goes well. Its at a Dingo Sanctuary so Im really excited for that one.

We're also in the final month of baby time. Aka I may be getting my first sibling soon, theoretically it could happen any time now, but he is actually due in like 3 to 4 weeks.
Awesome work, congrats on the job loyal! 👏
Nice to be working with dingoes too 🙂

LoyalXenite

I did actually get to pat and walk a couple of the dingos yesterday, they're all so gorgeous. I already have a favourite. There is a 13 month old one with a real cheeky face, I love him.

I got my booster shot today too, with how omicron has case numbers going I'll be glad for the extra protection

PugofCrydee

So far I've just got a bit of a sore arm, but not as bad as it was after the second shot
I had az for my first and Pfizer for the 2nd with no side effects at all. Recently had Moderna as my booster and had a slight headache and aching body for a cpl of days. No biggie though

LoyalXenite

I had az for my first and Pfizer for the 2nd with no side effects at all. Recently had Moderna as my booster and had a slight headache and aching body for a cpl of days. No biggie though
I've had Pfizer for all my jabs. Yesterday was just a sore arm, today I'm a bit headachey and slightly nauseous and my body feels heavy. But nothing too bad, my arm is already less sore than it was yesterday

LoyalXenite

slipping into the big sad again

The dingo sanctuary has been great, and theres been a couple days where I've caught up with some friends and been able to get out of my head. But outside of those days I've been feeling rather low again 😮💨