Love vs Money

Love vs Money

• Love

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Money

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Sinar_Matahari

If YOU (in your current, unique situation) had a choice between marrying for money or love which would you choose? All idealism and romanticism aside. Keep in mind that money cannot buy you happiness and that love doesn't put food in your belly

Which would you choose and why?

Would you rather struggle next to someone whom you love or thrive next to someone you do not love?

coyote

i've never had any money - i wouldn't know what to do with it

i know what to do with love

Felgen

Is the love unconditional and not in any way dependent on money? If this is the case, then I'd choose love over money any day. After I graduate, I'll have access to well paying jobs and I have quite rich parents. The car I'm currently dreaming of buying (Porsche 914) is very cheap here in Norway any way.

twiggle

Love, everytime. Material goods mean nothing to me. Having said that, I do appreciate that the more money you have, the more choices you have, the less you have to worry about... Still... if I just had love, then I wouldn't need anything else to make me happy.

Sinar_Matahari

I can survive and learn to be happy on my own without love, but I cannot survive with out money. There are good and bad things that come with both money and love.

I would rather make my own money before having to marry for money, though. As long as I have clothes on my back, food in my belly and a roof over my head, people can keep their love. I'll choose money.

Last edited:

we_r_eternal

finally someone being truthful! the rest of the ppl who replied love have obviously never been poor or homeless. love doesnt fill your belly, clothe your back, or keep you warm! once youve truly been poor you'll see the realities of life and the world..

Dark_Angel

Money can only give u apparently happyness but its fake and its not worth , but i m sure that love its the most powerfull thing and the most good a person can be poor outside but rich inside of values i prefer all the time love that its the true happyness but a true love

finally someone being truthful! the rest of the ppl who replied love have obviously never been poor or homeless. love doesnt fill your belly, clothe your back, or keep you warm! once youve truly been poor you'll see the realities of life and the world..

^Exactly.:)

I choose money first. Love is an added bonus in life, but not necessary for survival.

coyote

i was being truthful

i've actually experienced both

i've been poor and in love - no matter how little we had, i still felt happy and lucky every day just because i was with her

i've been good financially, but in a loveless marriage - no matter how much we had, we couldn't be happy with one another

i know which i'd rather have

Last edited:
I guess another way to frame this would be to ask - would you rather die in the arms of someone who loves you or die alone with a big bank balance?

Rembrandt Broam

But the question wasn't "Would you rather be in love or have money?" it was "Would you marry for love or for money?". I have nothing against having money, nor am I romanticising being poor, but I wouldn't marry someone to gain access to their wealth. Doing so would either involve the cruellest type of deception (pretending to love them when all I wanted was their $'s) or an arrangement where we both knowingly agreed to exchange money for sexual favours. And it's pretty obvious what the latter would make me.

AGR

Love,if I find the right girl and she likes me,I am healthy,I always worked since I was 16,I wouldnt need to marry for money,I can get around by myself and still help my mother and brother who dont work.

Sinar_Matahari

I guess another way to frame this would be to ask - would you rather die in the arms of someone who loves you or die alone with a big bank balance?

This is a good question and I would like to answer it. I wouldn't be able to take either with me, but I'd rather die with a big bank account that I can donate to a worthy cause. I would never want for a loved one to have to endure my death. I could not die at peace knowing that my death is bringing someone pain. My money would not miss or mourn me.