Love vs Money

Love vs Money

• Love

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Money

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

coyote

I would never want for a loved one to have to endure my death. I could not die at peace knowing that my death is bringing someone pain.

but in that sense, you're not deciding for yourself - you're deciding what's right for others

who's to say they wouldn't rather feel the pain if it means they had the chance to know and love you?

for them it might be worth it

i know it would be for me

Last edited:

drganon

Money. With enough of it, I'd never have to leave the house and be able to buy enough stuff to not care if anyone loved me or not.

DeadmanWalking

I'll take love; being poor, for me, is such a commonality that any misery that comes from it is nonexistant to me. I couldn't imagine a day where I was loaded by cash and wouldn't want to. Being poor has made me stronger and made me learn how to get by when the going gets rough. Besides, love may not keep me alive, but money doesn't sate my spiritual needs and wants either. I want someone who I can hug and spread love to while receiving it as well, to have someone who can accept every last bit of me, even the most vile parts of me. Money may get me a person, but not a person who can do all of that. To choose money, for me, would be to sacrifice my humanity and I'd rather have a short life as a human than a long life as a despondent corpse.

Luke1993

I would take money over love, but your question asks what would I marry for, I would only marry for love.

Lud

I'd rather have money, assuming we're talking about a large amount of it. Money itself may not be able to make me happy, but it can buy quite a bit of what would make me happy. Love is too frivolous. you can never know whether or not you or the other person will continue to have these feelings, but you can be sure that the money you have will be there when you wake up in the morning. Unless the love I can choose in this scenario is a very idealistic and unrealistic type of love, my answer hardly takes a second thought.

MrJones

I'd rather have money, assuming we're talking about a large amount of it. Money itself may not be able to make me happy, but it can buy quite a bit of what would make me happy. Love is too frivolous. you can never know whether or not you or the other person will continue to have these feelings, but you can be sure that the money you have will be there when you wake up in the morning. Unless the love I can choose in this scenario is a very idealistic and unrealistic type of love, my answer hardly takes a second thought.
I think that if he/she goes away in the morning it's not love :p

It doesn't have to be the typical romantic comedy type of love to be something beautiful (I'm talking without experience, sorry haha).

And I can tell that yes, money can buy you things, but in the end it won't be enough (and I know some people with a lot of money who are suffering a lot for this). I'm not rich so maybe I shouldn't talk about this either, but it's what I think :p