Lose weight with me

Ithior

I'm just going to start by saying that I'm underweight (maybe I'm normal weight now, but barely).

What do you consider unhealthy food? If we're talking pizza, burgers, fries and some kinds of meat then I have to say I only eat those around once or twice a month, and only because it's the best alternative at the given time (say, for example, doing a school project with other people, going to McDonald's is faster to order and eat). The rest of my meals are home-cooked and even though they're not 100% healthy and full of vegetables, it's still a rather healthy food. My mum cooks it though (and most of it tastes pretty well) so I should learn the recipes before I start living on my own hehe. I guess having healthy food freaks at home helps (my dad and sister).

I never really have any unhealthy food urges (maybe pizza sometimes...) for two reasons: the first is that it's too much work to get those foods (as an avoidant I avoid ordering or going out of my way to eat that food; it's much easier to just go to the fridge and heat up something my mum cooked). The second reason is that I'm not much of a food person; I dislike most types of meat and delicatessen (I don't even like bacon except in a pizza maybe), condiments, etc.

A suggestion I'd like to make to you is to try and create an environment where eating unhealthy food gives too much work for you to bother. You don't need to have everything cooked by yourself, you can have those pre-made meals at a supermarket (as long as they're reasonably healthy). I think that for people with social anxiety it's easier to make it hard to get unhealthy food, since you'll probably have problems with ordering it or leaving your house just to eat it (assuming you don't buy unhealthy food when doing groceries).

Anyway, I hope I can be of some help to someone.

thegunners21

Well...first day didn't go quite as well. I ended up eating 200 calories above my target. I also wanted to do cardio but the gym was closed and it was raining all day, so I had no choice.

It is quite hard for me to go from 3300cals/day to 2100. That's a lot of food i'm not eating and I'm so hungry. This is going to be tough...

EscapeArtist

That's still near your goal, good job! And somehow you had to discover that the gym was closed, did you still go, or call? Either way, it's an effort and a step in the right direction. I can sense your commitment

Amitush123

Great idea! I, too, have recently decided to go on a diet before I'll spin out of control..
Not counting calories, though, just trying to eat normal portions and walking/running

thegunners21

Second Day

Today worked out great. I was able to get some cardio and stayed near my target for calories.
Now, I'm waiting for my finals to be over so I can lift some weights.

thegunners21

Day 3

Today was good as well. Got in some cardio and kept at my target for calories.

I wonder if I should increase my cardio. I want to use my bike for cardio so badly but I don't have one :(

ukmale

Day 3

Today was good as well. Got in some cardio and kept at my target for calories.

I wonder if I should increase my cardio. I want to use my bike for cardio so badly but I don't have one :(

Buy a bike or a exercise bike great for weight loss .... Eat tons dude .. plain clean chicken breast tons of veg hard bolied egg and some brown rice on a plate eat small meals but plenty of them and drink tons of water ... I was like you went from 325 pounds eating junk food all day close to 4,000 cals .... Now I just have a healthy breakfast salad for lunch and Asian curry for dinner its hard dude but your get there

thegunners21

day 4 & 5

Well....calories wise they were great, I hit my target both times.

I couldn't do cardio because our gym was closed (flooded) and there was an ice storm outside for 2 days.

The ice storm was so fierce that we lost power for about 10 hours today.

Amitush123

day 4 & 5

Well....calories wise they were great, I hit my target both times.

I couldn't do cardio because our gym was closed (flooded) and there was an ice storm outside for 2 days.

The ice storm was so fierce that we lost power for about 10 hours today.
The important thing is that you kept your diet (unlike me)
Cardio can wait until you have some free time
Keep it up! :applause:

thegunners21

Wanted to do HIIT today but the park was still wet from all the raining.

Diet has been ok the past two days. Had a lamb burger (cheat meal) and man it was amazing!

Rawz

Although I have been taking a break for the past few weeks and just holding the same weight, when I was working at losing weight before I lost 8 pounds in about a 2 month period. I now weight 159-160. I'd like to get down to about 150.

thegunners21

Bad news! I may have injured my right shoulder while working out today :(

Right now I'm using a makeshift ice-pack.

thegunners21

Going to bump this thread. Another summer upcoming, another fat loss session upcoming. I want some visible six pack abs this time. Let's do this!

Hoppy

I'm with you.

Except down here it is coming up winter now.

But I am at present doing very well in losing weight, and my goal is to look good on my birthday, and that is in September.

I am not counting calories at all, but doing the primal lifestyle, and are at present busy with another Whole30.

I have already lost 35 kilogram, and have another 10 to go to hit my goal.