Lose weight with me

thegunners21

So....I've bulked up a lot in the past 2 years and now it's time to cut the fat off and i'm inviting you to lose fat with me through a manageable 500 caloric deficit everyday.

What is a caloric deficit?
Caloric deficit is the difference a person's maintenance calories (calories required to maintain current weight) and the targeted daily caloric consumption. For example: My maintenance is around 2600 calories and I plan on eating about 2100 from now on, therefore my caloric deficit will be 500.

For a more detailed explanation, see this thread *** THE 500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY CUT TO BE SHREDDED BY SUMMER CREW bishes *** - Bodybuilding.com Forums

How do I calculate my maintenance calories?

Use this website Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
NOTE: This is just an approximation.

But I get hungry often and I shudder when I see the word "diet"
For people who get hungry often, try eating smaller meals more frequently (i.e . eating 6 smaller meals rather than 3 huge meals)
Also, with this you don't have to completely give up your favourite foods. Many people have "cheat days" where they indulge in their favourite foods. The standard is usually once a week.

How much weight can i expect to lose
Depending on your maintenance calories, anywhere from 2-4lbs a month should be do-able. Now, I know that is not that much, but this is a slow process and not some fad diet. This program is sustainable in the long-run.

But..but...calorie counting seems complicated
It's not. Nutritiondata.com and myfitnesspal have a huge database of every food imaginable on planet earth. Just look it up and start counting.

Would I need to do cardio/workout with this?
No, you can attain a fairly decent physique through a strict diet regimen, although cardio will help you reach your goal faster.

Now, if you need any more or support, there are tonnes of fitness website online. bodybuilding.com (avoid the misc section) and caloriecount.com are great resources where people are willing to help out anyone. (there are countless others)

I will be updating this regularly and posting whether I have achieved my daily intake.
You can use this thread to post as well and measure your progress and use it as a journal.

Losing fat is not that hard, all it takes is some planning, dedication and self-discipline.

NOW....LET'S GET SHREDDED!!!

EDIT: This is great thread for a general overview about dieting http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=439205611

Last edited:

ukmale

I have already started my diet way before Xmas but I did pig out a bit over Xmas and did pig out abit over easter

I started my diet at the starting weight of 23stone 4pounds I am now down to 19stone 10pounds

I eat a healthy breakfast porridge with fruit or slice of toast with an egg and a few spoons falls of beans

Lunch is mostly meat/fish salad

Dinner - meat/fish with some carbs so might be a potato or a sweet potato Brown rice loads of veg
Or a healthy Asian meal

Make your food before hand .. its so much easier to diet when you do meal preparation before hand

And its not a diet its a life style change no point in having a roast dinner cutting it out losing the weight then going back to your 13 roast potatoes ect its all about portion control smaller pans smaller plates and smaller bowls and being more active there's no point in calling it a diet a diet sounds like your gonna cut everything out for 12 weeks and then go back to your old ways again what you should be doing is learning that this is for life you can eat junk just healthy junk like sweet potato wedges and a turkey burger looks like junk but a lot less cals

AMD move your body more walk or ride to work take the stairs join the gym its a life style change for life if you don't wanna stick the weight back on that it

so

Do meal preparation
Buy fresh colourful foods no more posessed rubbish
Eat 3 healthy meals a day
Move your body more
portion control smaller plates smaller bowls
Get your a juicer 3 large glasses of that every day
Drinks tons of water

And the biggest one you need willpower go print off tons of pictures of really fat bed bound people stick them up around your kitchen

Never shop on a empty stomach

Give yourself the odd cheat day just don't pig out on said cheat day

learn to love ... Brown rice that's your friend .. a bowl of curry ect veg meat Brown rice can't go wrong on that

Eat like a bodybuild strict diet

It isn't easy but it can be done and healthy food doesn't have to taste bad make a tuna and pasta bake but have a small slice with veg or salad

Best of luck people this time next year you will not regret it

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Isn't this cheat day like telling someone who's trying to stop smoking, that they can smoke one day per week?

thegunners21

Isn't this cheat day like telling someone who's trying to stop smoking, that they can smoke one day per week?

Umm...I'm not sure how smoking addiction works. As far as cheat meal, if you look at it in the long-run, one bad meal a week will have almost no difference to your health. It's only 1/28th part of your total meals in a week (assuming you have 4 meals a day), which barely makes a difference.

Pacific_Loner

^Yeah but what I mean is, if you keep eating crap on sunday, your week will always be a constant struggle to fight against your craving to eat crap, because crap is full of sugar, and it's becoming obvious that sugar is a drug. So in the end it's always going to be the same thing - once you lose enough weight to be satisfied, you go back to eating crap most days, and you become fat and unhealthy again. But if you entirely cut the crap (ready-to-eat-food) from your diet, FOREVER, therefor transforming your "diet" into a new life style as ukmale said, then you don't have to starve yourself during the week in order to be able to eat your permitted amount of crap on sunday, and as time pass by, you will forget that you once craved for it, and there goes your new life where you don't have to bother about your weight anymore.

thegunners21

^Yeah but what I mean is, if you keep eating crap on sunday, your week will always be a constant struggle to fight against your craving to eat crap, because crap is full of sugar, and it's becoming obvious that sugar is a drug. So in the end it's always going to be the same thing - once you lose enough weight to be satisfied, you go back to eating crap most days, and you become fat and unhealthy again. But if you entirely cut the crap (ready-to-eat-food) from your diet, FOREVER, therefor transforming your "diet" into a new life style as ukmale said, then you don't have to starve yourself during the week in order to be able to eat your permitted amount of crap on sunday, and as time pass by, you will forget that you once craved for it, and there goes your new life where you don't have to bother about your weight anymore.

Except cutting out the bad stuff completely doesn't work out very well (at least from my experience). You end up relapsing hard and going on a binge.
But ideally, one would cut it out completely and if that works for you, great.

JohnnAY

You might be interested in "intermittent fasting". It's not a diet or anything, it's just a method of cutting your eating window to 4-6 hours. Been doing it for two months now and have dropped 12 lbs as well improving all my lifts... bruh.

Also, if you have a smartphone, I highly recommend the app "myfitnesspal".:)

destructoroflife

Good luck, man.

I've been thinking of losing some kilos (pounds for 'mericans and whatnot xD).

But I really don't have the energy right now.

And I've done it successfully before. Some years back I went from 110Kg (243pounds) to 80Kg (176 pounds). Just to regain that in like 3 months.

I've conviced myself that weight is conditioned mostly by genetics and there's little I can do to mantain myself at a constant level.

Pacific_Loner

Except cutting out the bad stuff completely doesn't work out very well (at least from my experience). You end up relapsing hard and going on a binge.

Actually I've never tried to lose weight, since I've never had any weight problem (except being too skinny), so I have no idea what I'm talking about in this department. I did however cut all the bad stuff for other reasons since 1-2 years, and it works perfectly well for me, no shadow of relapse. Anyway I hope your diet works for you, good luck :)

EscapeArtist

Well ill join you! Trying the 500 calorie deficit thing.... 1 big high fat and protein meal in the morning always works fo moi. Goodluck ill be checking back!

ukmale

Sorry maybe I didn't explain myself

A cheat day .. if you are used to eating junk food all day every day going "cold turkey" and having people that are not on a diet rubbing these kinds of food in your face or even offering you food you will snap and once you have eaten that junk meal you will beat yourself up and you will pig out again or even going on a 12week strict diet you will pig out at the end and put all your weight back on again

It had taken you years to get fat you will not chance over bloody night so eating a take away every night to going cold turkey you will SNAP

So a cheat day have a kids size meal of junk food every so offen and over time you will cut this out so start off once a week then once every 2 weeks and over time you will cut junk food out of your life for ever in food today there is so much chemicals in rubbish in Europe we had a problem of horse meat in posessed food so over time we slowly bit by bit cut down on junk food and over time going fully cold turkey is easier so in the long run you last longer on your diet than you would give you went cold straight away

Smoke and food the differences .. you do not need to smoke to live .. but you need to eat if you go out with family and friends for meals going shopping there is so many times that will make you snap you need food too live so you can never get away from the fact you have to put food in ur mouth if you are a food addict only putting one biscuit into your mouth is hard so its all over breaking this vicious circle over time

so it is easier in the long run to cut down bit by bit and then over time you will start to eat more fresh foods than this posessed crap

Look at ice cream there is so much rubbish in this ... But if you freeze a banana stick it in a blender with some milk you get a lovely soft tasty ice cream as a taste after your smaller dinner on a Sunday

If you want to live of a raw non cooked veg diet you are welcome to .. but when someone is changing there life style for ever it takes time so to slowly cut out the food is easy and less than a shock than going COLD turkey straight away

I hope I have cleared that up for you people

ukmale

For me dude that eat 4,500 cals per day was like 325pounds in weight and eating junk food every day I would have a takeaway for lunch and a takeaway for dinner and a full English for breakfast and loads of snacks for me I found cutting back on my junk food over time helped me as I have done cold turkey stopping all junk food straight away as my family was not dieting they would offer me food and I would snap so cutting down bit by bit worked for me I am now at the place where I get my sugar from fruit I eat loads of Asian food fresh and homemade if I do now eat junk food I get diarrhoea and rush to the loo all the time so I can't eat it my stomach has shrunk so now after only a few good mouth fills of porridge for breakfast I start to feel sick if I keep pushing more and more down my mouth

This is what has helped me I am only giving out the info that has helped me it might not be right for every one but I have lost 50+ pounds and I am happy if something else might help you I wish you all the best of luck in what ever you try

Don't you think its better to learn how to over come your food addiction and learn about portion control and so when you are at a bbq you have one burger than just going on a weight loss shake diet for 12weeks then going back to your old ways and having 5 at the bbq instead of the one ??????????

MikeyC

I don't know if I'll have the motivation to do this with you but I will be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

ukmale

Hey dude same thing here I started my diet way before Xmas and I was 23stone 325pounds so for me as my family was not on a diet I found it so hard going to a bbq and not going back to eating 5 burgers after being on a cold turkey strict diet where I cut everything out for me cutting it out bit by bit helped so much as soon I have learned about portion control I know that I can go to a bbq eat one burger and not beat myself up about it not feel left out and Asian food learn to love it amazing filling healthy food when cooked home and fresh

Remember what's better .. going on a 12week shake diet then snapping and putting more weight on or taking your time cutting the food out bit by bit and replacing junk sugar with fruit

And its all about a whole life style change there is no point in a yo yo diet lose it keep it off

Get a exercise bike I ride 5km every morning and every evening 5times aweek

I have no gone down to a chicken wrap with a small handful of chips once one the 1st of every month .. see over the long run its easier and your more likely to stick with it

best of luck dude ... It doesn't have to be bad being on a change of life style go for a daily walk ride a bike go to the gym walk in the park go swimming eats loads of fruit and veg and slowly cut out junk don't go to strict to fast as your just give up and your yo yo diet

That's why for me its a life change not a diet as going swimming joining kickboxing going gym is for life not just 12week cabbage soup diet then sticking it all back in again in another 12weeks

Over time cutting junk out bit by bit you don't even miss it but if you do go somewhere like a bbq its easy having one as you need food to live and if you don't learn about portion control you will snap easy as that

Best of luck dude

You should write a diary on your progress on here what you been doing eating your weight your measurements arms legs waist and the motivation will do you the world of good dude

ukmale

I don't know if I'll have the motivation to do this with you but I will be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

Hey my down under cousin lol

Of course you can do it just start of small don't have that full English for breakfast have some porridge and fruit . for lunch have a salad .. try and cut out the junk little bit by little bit you live in OZ what a great country go for daily small walk or buy a exercise bike and start of slow and build up each week .. try having steamed salad potatoes with veg and meat or fish just cut down little by little and over time you will be eating healthy everyday and your be down the gym or going for a few good km walk everyday

Try it dude put up your start weight and measurements like arms legs waist and you will feel so much better and the encouragement will do you a world of good and we can all lose weight together .... You can do this you will not regret it and it will do you a world of guy my friend

thegunners21

As I said, losing fat doesn't even require a workout (although it will be faster if you do). All that's absolutely required is a good diet, which ironically might be harder to achieve than consistently going to the gym.

ukmale

As I said, losing fat doesn't even require a workout (although it will be faster if you do). All that's absolutely required is a good diet, which ironically might be harder to achieve than consistently going to the gym.

And a good diet anit really that hard to do instead of salad cream use lighter than light mayonnaise dressing

Try making a few meals a week healthy like fish meat with salad try cooking up a curry loads of veg meat Brown rice

Just try cutting down bit by bit dude and over time you will do amazing do it takes time don't yo to diet try bringing healthy food slowly to ur diet

Try making turkey burger with sweet potato wedges

Believe me dude I went from hating veg only eating full English breakfasts pizza for lunch and chicken burger and chips for dinner downed with bottles of coke if I can slowly cut out the crap I'm sure you can dude little by little your start eating right and losing the weight

But a daily walk will help a lot for for your weight and your mind