less than graceful exits

Lorraine Manca

i thought it would be funny to have a thread about when flight beats fight for comic relief.
i packed up and left without telling my room mates goodbye because i was too shy to talk about why i was leaving. just made a silent escape and left the rent for next month to abide by our 30 day rule. it would have been much less embarrassing to do it in a straight forward way but noooooooooo, anxiety ops for the most awkward action possible :mad:

does anyone else have moments like this?

coyote

^i did the same thing with my first wife

not something i'm proud of

it was either leave or kill her

i didn't have the heart to break hers face to face

i really wish that i had thought about asking someone else for help

the bookcases were too heavy to carry out by myself

Mr Motivator

was invited down to a band night at our local pub, with near enough half my school year (i was 16...i think) panicked the entire way to the place, met a group of mates on the way there.....walked to the door with them, pretended i saw someone i knew across the road and ran for my life :| i actually totally forgot about that til someone reminded me last year, baaaad times

Aletheia

hangs her head

I left the country without telling my boyfriend goodbye

(shame)
(I think)

god I can be self-absorbed

doubtmyself

Banned
Interesting idea for a thread.
I've walked out on a job without telling anyone. I was cleaning this old lady's house for a pittance and she was dumping all her vitriol on me..."Excuse me I'm just getting something out of the car..." She came flying out of the house when she heard the car....amazing speed for an 85 year old!!

Invisibleman

This is an interesting thread indeed,too bad I dont really have any funny ones.

The only one I can think of was one time a teacher I didnt like and who didnt like me made me stay after school and clean out my bin of junk. I starting cleaning and she said she would be going to the washroom for a second. I did a 180 on my heels and sprinted out the door and down the stairs, threw the front doors open and ran my f**kin brains out as fast as I could until I was at my house.

Nouveau

I walked out on my very first job. Didn't give notice or anything. I went out for my last 10 minute break and just didn't come back.
I felt really bad about it, though, because I got the job with the help of one of my mother's friends who worked there.
I've never been back to that store, either. It's been seven years and I still can't even think of going back in there.

There has been only one time where my anxiety got the better of me.

About 5-4 years ago I had an internship which I had to attend for 10 days, spread over 10 weeks, for school. I went there for a total of 9 times, and even asked whether I could spend the upcoming 10 days (we were supposed to switch company and repeat) there as well, but I never bothered showing up anymore. Didn't even gave them a call.

Some time after that I ran into one of the coworkers that worked there. The shame I felt was indescribable.

After that I just kinda stuck with everything regardless of whether it felt embarrassing or not. Rather embarrassed/ashamed then disappointed in myself.

Hoppy

There was this time... (insert an incredible amount of my life)

Actually for me the worst bits where I was feeling like running, didn't know what to say and stayed on embarrasing eveybody around me.

KiaKaha

Banned
Yes I have quite a few. Avoidance is something I do rather well, particularly if there is a chance I *may* look foolish the longer I stay. I remember the last party that I ever went too I left without saying goodbye to anyone because I was too embarrased to do so. A big group of socially confident people who I dont know very well terrifies me.

The last full time job I had I quit after about 10 ten days because the anxiety and potential embarrasment of messing things up overcame me. I really thought I was genuinely hated there so I left. I probably wasnt but I think everyone knew that I had about as much confidence as a bean sprout.... which in itself is embarrasing.

KiaKaha

Banned
Bean sprouts are one of the least socially anxious vegetables I heard on a TV documentary last night.;)

Really? that *is* interesting... well if this is so, I am sure bean sprouts are more relaxed in social situations than myself...

damn vegetables..

Last edited:

jaim38

I did something like that in my dream I had today. I was waiting in line and there were a couple of people behind me. I did something and they laughed. So, even though I had been served, I came back and knocked down that lady's purse, I purposely elbowed her so she would fall. Then I pretended to act surprised and said something like oops, sorry. Next thing I know, I was planning to do something to those 2 guys at the front.

Kiwong

I was at a workshop. The facilitator ordered us to go outside and form a big circle, to throw fluffy animals at each other. I panicked, couldn't face the situation, and ran into the lavatory and shut the door of the cubicle, and waited for it all to be over. I went outside and it was still going, people saw me. I then walked out of the building and along the footpath.

I was at a workshop. The facilitator ordered us to go outside and form a big circle, to throw fluffy animals at each other. I panicked, couldn't face the situation, and ran into the lavatory and shut the door of the cubicle, and waited for it all to be over. I went outside and it was still going, people saw me. I then walked out of the building and along the footpath.
^ Adults throwing fluffy animals at each other!? o_O
That's a really weird exercise. I would have left too, Kiwong.