Its nearly 2013

drganon

For me, the year was good and bad. The good news was that I was accepted into a four University and got a job position I wanted (no pay increase, but I don't have to deal with customers anymore). The bad news is that I'll be turning 24 soon and I still haven't made any progress forming any relationships with the opposite sex or losing my virginity. This is really bad because I'm now hitting my mid 20's and everyone my age is or has been in some sort of relationship. With no experience to speak of, I'm nearing the point were I can kiss any possibility of ever having a girlfriend goodbye.

psych

lol love that song. I just relized something coming up in a week or two it will be my 5th year as a non smoker so I guess thats somthing positive about this year!

Well, that's something! Salud!
beerchug.gif

MikeyC

lol love that song. I just relized something coming up in a week or two it will be my 5th year as a non smoker so I guess thats somthing positive about this year!
Good for you for giving up smoking. That's a really bad habit.

For me, the year was good and bad. The good news was that I was accepted into a four University and got a job position I wanted (no pay increase, but I don't have to deal with customers anymore). The bad news is that I'll be turning 24 soon and I still haven't made any progress forming any relationships with the opposite sex or losing my virginity. This is really bad because I'm now hitting my mid 20's and everyone my age is or has been in some sort of relationship. With no experience to speak of, I'm nearing the point were I can kiss any possibility of ever having a girlfriend goodbye.
Concentrate on the achievements for University and your job. They are great! The virginity thing can still happen, too. Just give it time.

Section_31

ive decided from now on im doing what makes ME happy. After certain things that have happened this year im living for ME and putting MYself first. Im no longer going to live my life or change how i feel to make others happy. Ive done this for too long and only now am i really figuring out who i am.

MikeyC

ive decided from now on im doing what makes ME happy. After certain things that have happened this year im living for ME and putting MYself first. Im no longer going to live my life or change how i feel to make others happy. Ive done this for too long and only now am i really figuring out who i am.
Good for you, buddy! Now I just have to do the same....

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm just concerned that another year of doing nothing will come, and wondering how to deal with it the best possible way.

2012 has been awful. I literally did nothing at all but stay here at this excuse for a home with nothing to do. And next year will be the same. Blah.

MikeyC

I'm just concerned that another year of doing nothing will come, and wondering how to deal with it the best possible way.

2012 has been awful. I literally did nothing at all but stay here at this excuse for a home with nothing to do. And next year will be the same. Blah.
Why do you feel that next year will be the same? :question:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Why do you feel that next year will be the same? :question:

Physica and mentally drained, afraid of everything, dependent, insecure, pessimist, no motivation. I can't really do much to improve my situation if I'm stuck like this, can I?

Everytime someone tells me "You can do it, you just need to do this and this and that" it translates to me as "You must climb the Everest". I can't do the basic crap I need to do everyday from being so exhausted, and both, the exhaustion and fear keep me from even thinking of having a job.

Why do you think I talk about suicide at times? I don't really wish to even mention it, but the more I think about all of this, the more attractive the idea becomes. And then my friends get frustrated at me and call me selfish for thinking of that.

I've given up on everything. I'm just sitting here, waiting for my partner to save my sorry a$$. He tries to give me hope that everything will be alright and he will get me out of here, I'm looking forward to next year... and maybe hope for 2013 to finish as fast as possible so that day will be closer. In the meantime, I have to do anything I can to keep myself busy and make time pass quicker... but my attention span has gone to hell and I can't focus on small tasks, time passes really slow and a month feels like a year. A year feels like an eternity. I have to wait for another eternity to maybe (keyword: MAYBE) get out of this hell hole.

I just can't believe I've become so f*cking weak. I used to be better than this, but all of my motivation died years ago. I'm a hopeless case.

Physica and mentally drained, afraid of everything, dependent, insecure, pessimist, no motivation. I can't really do much to improve my situation if I'm stuck like this, can I?

Everytime someone tells me "You can do it, you just need to do this and this and that" it translates to me as "You must climb the Everest". I can't do the basic crap I need to do everyday from being so exhausted, and both, the exhaustion and fear keep me from even thinking of having a job.

Why do you think I talk about suicide at times? I don't really wish to even mention it, but the more I think about all of this, the more attractive the idea becomes. And then my friends get frustrated at me and call me selfish for thinking of that.

I've given up on everything. I'm just sitting here, waiting for my partner to save my sorry a$$. He tries to give me hope that everything will be alright and he will get me out of here, I'm looking forward to next year... and maybe hope for 2013 to finish as fast as possible so that day will be closer. In the meantime, I have to do anything I can to keep myself busy and make time pass quicker... but my attention span has gone to hell and I can't focus on small tasks, time passes really slow and a month feels like a year. A year feels like an eternity. I have to wait for another eternity to maybe (keyword: MAYBE) get out of this hell hole.

I just can't believe I've become so f*cking weak. I used to be better than this, but all of my motivation died years ago. I'm a hopeless case.

Hey I hear you, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote here. I don't have any real inspirational words because I'm sure you've heard it all before, and I'm pretty much in the same place. But if you ever want to chat I'm always around :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Hey I hear you, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote here. I don't have any real inspirational words because I'm sure you've heard it all before, and I'm pretty much in the same place. But if you ever want to chat I'm always around :)

Thank you. And I'm sorry... Even if you had inspirational words, it doesn't really help me. I don't have the energy to take the advice and actually do something. I guess that's what's killing me the most.

MikeyC

Do you know what's causing yourself to become so mentally and physically drained? Is it the SA or something more?

You do appear to be in a bad time of your life. I'm not sure of the current situation but hopefully there is a way out. You have a partner that loves you and wants to see you get better, so that right there is a great start.

Start with simple tasks that only very slightly push the boundaries and work from there. I think you will be surprised at what you can do, rather than what you're telling yourself that you can't.

coyote

what would it take to energize or motivate you, Hellhound? Opaline?

(i keep asking myself the same question)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Do you know what's causing yourself to become so mentally and physically drained? Is it the SA or something more?

You do appear to be in a bad time of your life. I'm not sure of the current situation but hopefully there is a way out. You have a partner that loves you and wants to see you get better, so that right there is a great start.

Start with simple tasks that only very slightly push the boundaries and work from there. I think you will be surprised at what you can do, rather than what you're telling yourself that you can't.

SA in my case is not as bad as this exhaustion problem. I can deal with SA somehow, but I can't bring myself to start the day properly with the other problem. I sometimes don't feel like getting up at all, I only do it because I miss talking to my friends.

The current situation has been going on for over two decades. Each year, I've waited for something good to happen, but it never came. No one allowed me to pursue it either. I never really had much choice but to sit and wait for the best.

I want to try to do anything. I've tried actually. I end up even more exhausted than when I got up. Then my focus fails even more and I can't work on art and things to distract myself... I sit for hours staring at the monitor or the wall doing nothing, like a zombie.

MikeyC

SA in my case is not as bad as this exhaustion problem. I can deal with SA somehow, but I can't bring myself to start the day properly with the other problem. I sometimes don't feel like getting up at all, I only do it because I miss talking to my friends.

The current situation has been going on for over two decades. Each year, I've waited for something good to happen, but it never came. No one allowed me to pursue it either. I never really had much choice but to sit and wait for the best.

I want to try to do anything. I've tried actually. I end up even more exhausted than when I got up. Then my focus fails even more and I can't work on art and things to distract myself... I sit for hours staring at the monitor or the wall doing nothing, like a zombie.
Do you have chronic fatigue or something? (Sorry, just trying to understand.)

Unfortunately, we can't wait for something good to happen - we have to pursue the good so we can go to it.

miserablecow

So far my yes been rubbish (and that's putting it lightly). I haven't accomplished any of my goals and everything has seemed to go from bad to worse for me, but there's two months left, so I'm going to see.

takeheart

Man 2012 has been hell since the start. Not one thing has gone right for me this year. As for 2013, l expect the same. Why l was born is beyond me!

JuiceB

For the first time in my life, I am agreeing with you here. I normally love it but blah.

Actually.. a few years back, I realized it wasn't Christmas itself that I loved... in fact, its my least favorite day of the year.... but its the "Magic" of Christmas.. the stuff that leads up to it, the "happy" feelings it can give you and others.

The thing I find about Christmas day itself... at least for me.... its so "fake" its like, everyone who never has time for you all year long, is suddenly nice to you and people get so worried about gifts and such. It drives me crazy how fake it makes people.

The best Christmas I had in recent years, was a few years ago... it snowed and the reason it was the best... I took my dogs outside, and just ran around with them, and made a snowman. Just me and them, in the falling snow...but it was pure magic and happiness and I'll never forget it.

I wish I could have that "Magic of Christmas" feeling again. This year was lousy for me and I'd like to at least end it with good vibes.