Is there anyone in you family you can't get along with?

Phoenixx

Yep. I have a handful of family members that I don't get along with nor can I connect with. Thankfully they all live farther away. Even if they didn't I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to or see them. Many of whom I don't like tortured me growing up, always teasing and bullying, and no one did a thing.

But thankfully karma exists and their lives are far from ideal. Not that I live a perfect life either, but I think this "fat", "ugly", and "stupid" girl is doing pretty damn well.

I'm absolutely not one to relish people's misery, but in this particular case I kinda do. Cruel? Maybe just a bit.

F0AM

but I think this "fat", "ugly", and "stupid" girl is doing pretty damn well.

tenor.gif

I woulnd't say enjoying karma for once is being cruel ;)

I couldn't care less for most of my family members, but i don't like one of my uncles at all. He's done "not nice at all" things to me me and some of my beloved ones. He's one of those people that is constantly frustatred and chanalizes that by being an asshole. I've only seen him laughing when insulting, ridiculizing or enjoying other's people misery. Yep that's him, a disgusting human being.

Don't wish him any bad tho, but i dont want to have anything to do with him and is the main reason i dont visit my aunt and cousins more often.

FriendlyShadow

Yep. I have a handful of family members that I don't get along with nor can I connect with. Thankfully they all live farther away. Even if they didn't I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to or see them. Many of whom I don't like tortured me growing up, always teasing and bullying, and no one did a thing.

But thankfully karma exists and their lives are far from ideal. Not that I live a perfect life either, but I think this "fat", "ugly", and "stupid" girl is doing pretty damn well.

I'm absolutely not one to relish people's misery, but in this particular case I kinda do. Cruel? Maybe just a bit.

I'm so sorry to hear that 😥. I hate seeing people being forced to grow up in abusive households. The amount of suffering they cause you is extremely tough to deal with. I read about how emotional/physical abuse affects your health and body like stomach issues and sleep deprived/ptsd. It's not surprising though.

LoyalXenite

I have a feeling I'll live with mine until they're both gone... unless I die first.

Sometimes it certainly seems like there'll never be an escape, thats how I used to feel. But eventually I got out, all you need is a chance to get out and you'll be able to start making your own way. Its not easy, and can be almost as stressful sometimes, but its worth it.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I’d say my whole family, collective. Since I’ve never felt like I really belonged. And I got the brunt of abuse — both physically and verbal — growing up and well into my teens. From both my mother and siblings. Though, I’m quite surprised I still get along with my Mum after all the hurtful things she’s said n’ done to me.

But if I’d to pick one, it’d have be my older sister (the middle child). From the smug as f…k, stuck up “Am better than you” attitude. The sense of entitlement. The fact she still has that spoil brat teenage mentality even though she’s well beyond those years physically. The sheer lack of respect she has towards the rest of us. But me in particular, cuz she’s said multiple times since ah wus wee, that it’d have be better if I hadn’t come along. What else...? Oh, the intimidating aura she has about her. But it’s me who’s intimidating? Fair enough, I might not say much, but at least I try and make small talk. As painful as it is for me. It’s always the quiet ones, innit?

The arguments are the worst, though ! One wrong word, or ya do something she wouldn’t and it kicks off. How our mother is still alive is a miracle at the point to be honest. Cuz how she gets treated by her youngest daughter is horrible. Not saying I haven’t done the same over the years, but at least I feel guilty enough to apologise for saying what I said. My older sister doesn’t. Quite ironic that she accuses the rest of us of not caring and doing feck all, yet she rare makes an effort to help, and questions why she’s being asked to do something.

planemo

I get on with my siblings and parents, most of the time, but if it was possible to live on my own though, I would.

As for other relatives, I stay my distance, but am cordial if we bump into one another, unexpectedly. Given how little families in general get along with one another, I suppose it could be far worse. Breaking up of the family unit seems to be a by-product of modern society.