Is she ok??

Emma

Just wondering, is it a sign that someone is crazy if they talk to themselves, loudly, and whole conversations?

We have a new temp at work, she's very quiet usually, but on Friday she started talking to herself loudly and having conversations with herself, which scared some people.

This is what she was saying

"Zacharrrrrrrrryyyyy"

"Why aren't you listening to me"
"Why aren't you paying attention"
"Yes, yes, I'm working on it now"

The rest was kind of mumbled because I put my head phones in, but she also groaned alot and hummed some songs.

Do you think she's ok?
And she wasn't on the phone either, she had no phone and no headphones in:confused:

hoddesdon

It might be a good idea to speak to someone in Personnel about it in confidence.

Unseriously, if she starts speaking to coyote then you are really in trouble.

Emma

That's what I thought, so I pretended to do filing so I could walk past a few times, no mobile phone, no head phones in :confused:

Unless she had one of those ear plugs police use and she is a police officer (That wouldn't shock me either, we have another nut in the office who should be arrested for highly aggressive behaviour::p:)

awkwardamanda

Yeah, I see this sort of thing all the time and think people are nuts until I realize it's just one of those stupid bluetooth headsets.:rolleyes:

Emma

Update: She has a boyfriend, if his name is Zachary then she isn't crazy....although there is a rumour going around that she blows on tomato at lunch...god people love to gossip about the dumbest things...I just come here and ask if they could be slightly crazy::p:
Tomato blowing...pfft:rolleyes:

AsTimeBurns

Update: She has a boyfriend, if his name is Zachary then she isn't crazy....although there is a rumour going around that she blows on tomato at lunch...god people love to gossip about the dumbest things...I just come here and ask if they could be slightly crazy::p:
Tomato blowing...pfft:rolleyes:

What's that when it's at home? Or indeed at the office.

coyote

is "blowing on a tomato" a euphemism for something nasty?

I'm not up on the latest slang you kids use

Emma

It means an actual tomato, the food...I think maybe she's not crazy, she just mutters to herself a bit loudly, but we shall see.:cool:

maybe she's talking to an imaginary friend? :p
anyways.. Maybe you could ask her, who's Zachary?
You will find out :)

Feathers

lol sounds like a fun workplace! :)

well, if there was a speck of dirt on the tomato, maybe she was blowing it off?? Or if it was too hot/cold, she tried to cool/warm it?

/I've seen some crazy behavior and for some of it it turned out to have quite 'reasonable' reasons.. eg Granny had loads of plastic bottles in an old out-of-use washing machine... I had thought she had gone la la-- turned out she was saving them for someone who would later fill'em with liquor or such.../

Proceed with caution is good advice, some people just talk to themselves to remind themselves to do something though (my mum too.. now when we don't have the doggie, before, she talked to the doggie sometimes lol) Some may sing to a tune in their head even if they don't have earphones in..

It's not really appropriate behavior at work I guess (especially if she doesn't work in own office and might bother other co-workers by it), but I wouldn't call anyone 'crazy' for it.. maybe a bit 'eccentric' or just new to being in a job with people around..? (Did she work in an office before, or just work from home or such? Is this her first 'real' job?) Things to maybe find out first.. :)

Also, is she a songwriter? :) /It rhymes, some of it.. :D/
Or might have a crush on a Zachary? Zachary Quinto or...?

Last edited:

WriterChick3

Tell her "Zachary doesn't work here anymore."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Some people talk out loud, but it's usually in a more non-social setting. Like at home or when you're working, like a "Why can't I figure this out?"
Or maybe she has a personality-disorder of some type and Zachary is the male-version of herself.
I probably sounded like a jerk, didn't I?