Is anyone happy?

DillJenkins

Can anyone say that they're happy in life right now?

I used to be. I went through a period of suicidality and then I found some friends and I was happy for several years.

I am now sad again which sucks but it will make happiness that much better when it comes.

WelshOne

I'm actualy having to think quite hard about this question... my mood goes up and down, so each day is different. I wouldn't say I'm happy all the time, but overall it outweighs the sadness I feel.

Queen_Of_Pain

Today i'm not. I was last month, but then something happened and my mood lowered. Fortunatly I bounced back in a few days unlike the last time.

mmmm

I'm happy. There are obviously things that upset me from time to time but those seem miniscule when compared to the big scheme. Mild anxiety is the worst thing in my life right now but there are so many good things to distract me.

recluse

Last time i was truly happy was Easter 2008, because i met an online friend for the first time and the meeting went well. I actually was relieved that i'd finally connected with someone in person and i felt proud that i'd achieved it.

Since then i've been going down::(:

El.Sonador

when I think about certain bad moments or my struggle with SA , I feel sad, but when I look at the big picture and acknowledge many other good things going on in my life , I feel happy, and right now I'm happy .

Last edited:
I'm actualy having to think quite hard about this question... my mood goes up and down, so each day is different. I wouldn't say I'm happy all the time, but overall it outweighs the sadness I feel.

Same here, I had to think about this one. I can't say whether I am happy or not. Right now, I feel neither happy nor sad. Just bored and lonely. This morning I was happy in German class. I'll have plenty of physics to do and plenty of drug delivery journal articles to read tonight. And I have to finish reading the Iliad. Some fun Friday night. I'll probably be depressed tonight when I have no one to talk to and hear everyone else outside walking by my apartment after a fun time hanging out with friends.

ForeverBlue2

Nope. And to top it off I am probably returning home to Australia after coming to the UK with the intention of staying. I am running off back home but I don't feel happy about it. I felt miserable there before I left and I worry it's going to be the same when I get back. I could stay here but it seems all too hard having to find a job/somewhere to live and trying to fit in here.
I just feel really down and a failure right now.

mmmm

If anyone was truely happy in there lives they wouldn't be here on this site.

Why not? Social anxiety is one piddly little thing in my life when compared with all the other things that bring me joy. The point of this site is to give and receive support on this one issue. If I thought the point of this site was to give miserable people a place to be miserable and make other people miserable I would leave.

AlleyCat

I'm not happy where I am right now in my life, but I try to stay optimistic and keep going to get where I would like to be. I feel quite sad and lonely a lot of the time, but I do have some moments when I am genuinely happy. (spending time with the people I love, my pets, holding my baby cousin, watching a sunset) Moments like that bring me happiness and make me feel thankful to be alive.

sabbath

Banned
She's not a girl who misses much
Do do do do do do, oh yeah
She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane

The man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors
On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime
A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust

I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
Down to the bits that I left uptown
I need a fix cause I'm going down
Mother Superior jump the gun

Happiness (is a warm gun)
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Happiness (is a warm gun, momma)
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

(When I hold you in my arms)
Oooooooooh, oh yeah!

And when I feel my finger on your trigger
Oooooooooh, oh yeah!

I know nobody can do me no harm
Oooooooooh, oh yeah!

Happiness (is a warm gun, momma)
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

Yes it is, gun!
Bang Bang Shoot Shoot

is a warm gun, yeeeaahhh!

Lorraine Manca

Seems like there are two kinds of happy. There's the mood and then there is another kind that is harder to classify. You could call it gratitude, the big picture, beauty. The mood sort is real shallow because its based on your circumstance. The second kind doesnt have anything to do with you, so no matter whats going on in your life, its still there. Like taking pleasure in a rain storm. The joy of watching a rainstorm doesnt go away because your boyfriend left you. I feel the second kind of happiness even when I am depressed. I think this phenomena is partly what makes tradgedy so meaningful. I mean the literary kind though, not the slice and dice nightly news kind. In a tradgedy, no matter what happens there is something of infinite beauty revealed at the core even when all the "happiness" is stripped away. I've given up on the mood, and have taken refuge in the second sort.its been a huge relief.

Last edited:

PennyLane

Nope. And to top it off I am probably returning home to Australia after coming to the UK with the intention of staying. I am running off back home but I don't feel happy about it. I felt miserable there before I left and I worry it's going to be the same when I get back. I could stay here but it seems all too hard having to find a job/somewhere to live and trying to fit in here.
I just feel really down and a failure right now.

This is exactly what im doing...but the other way around. i came to Oz for uni but thinking i'd stay and now in 7 weeks im heading back to the UK...i got my degree so i did gain something...but im a bit embarrassed to be going home too!

scarletlee

Yes i'm happy. It hasn't always been the case but i have a lot of things in my life to be happy about at the moment. My SA still gets me down sometimes but i'm workin on that. I have days when i feel sad but mostly i would say that i'm a happy person :D