Insomnia is screwing me over

Argamemnon

I'm barely averaging 4-5 hours of sleep, sometimes even less. I think it's caused by depression/anxiety. Anyone suffering from chronic insomnia? Is there anything you can do about it :confused:

BlackKids

I suffered from insomnia for like 6-8mths a couple of years ago. It was terrible. I felt so tired but as soon as I tried go to sleep it was impossible. My depression caused it.
What worked for me was exercise and smoking weed. I don't smoke now but it was pretty essential. I doubt without weed I would of got over my depression and It was quite possible I might of done something I would later regret.

me, I tend not to go to sleep until like 4 or 5 in the morning. It really sucks. Depression and anxiety is probaby the sole cause for me.

FOR REAL

Banned
ive had trouble in the past with insomnia
have you tried self hypnosis or relaxation tapes?
when i first listened to them, i kind of laughed but i kept listening to them and they work for me now
also you could try classical music, its so relaxing

Argamemnon

me, I tend not to go to sleep until like 4 or 5 in the morning. It really sucks. Depression and anxiety is probaby the sole cause for me.
Same here, but even when I go to bed early I can't sleep. Especially if I have to work the next day I can't sleep at all. Thank God I don't work at the moment.

Argamemnon

ive had trouble in the past with insomnia
have you tried self hypnosis or relaxation tapes?
when i first listened to them, i kind of laughed but i kept listening to them and they work for me now
also you could try classical music, its so relaxing
I really don't think listening to tapes would work for me ::p:

SilentType

Banned
I agree with BlackKids. A hit off a nice vaporizer off some fresh indica bud would put be your best bet. Too bad the government wants to use pharmaceuticals for ailments like this. Marijuana could cause so many problem if the government simply gave it a chance. They think the sky will fall or something if they try decriminilaztion or legalization. Makes no sense to me.

Peace

Noca

Banned
I currently use Melatonin to treat my insomnia, its OTC and its not a drug, its a hormone.

Same here, but even when I go to bed early I can't sleep. Especially if I have to work the next day I can't sleep at all. Thank God I don't work at the moment.

That's exactly like me. The other day, I got like 2 hours of sleep because I couldn't go to sleep. So, I thought that maybe the next night I would be able to go to sleep earlier....still I did not get to sleep til like 3 in the morning. Grrrr....

I'm moving into an apartment by myself soon....it's really scary for me and I don't think I'll sleep a wink the first few nights...

I currently use Melatonin to treat my insomnia, its OTC and its not a drug, its a hormone.

My grandfather takes that I believe, or wait, maybe it's dopamine....I can't remember which one. I do know for sure that he was taking melatonin there for a while if he's not still taking it. I've never tried it. I had no idea it is OTC.

yeah, melatonin, it's great. get the 3mg sublingual and chop it up smaller (0.3mg is apparently enough), put it under your tongue till it dissolves, and you'll be sleepy in 10-20 mins.
also adjusts your internal clock - people use it for jetlag. otherwise i wind up staying up later and later each night.

JCS008

I definitely have trouble sleeping when I'm feeling nervous and stressed. I try to normally solve this by playing the ABC Category with myself. (e.x: Movie Titles: A.....Any Given Sunday, B.....Batman Begins, etc). Normally it works and I'll fall asleep.

Argamemnon

I agree with BlackKids. A hit off a nice vaporizer off some fresh indica bud would put be your best bet. Too bad the government wants to use pharmaceuticals for ailments like this. Marijuana could cause so many problem if the government simply gave it a chance. They think the sky will fall or something if they try decriminilaztion or legalization. Makes no sense to me.

Peace
I think it's scientifically proven that marijuana causes anxiety and mental illness in the long term.

Noca

Banned
My grandfather takes that I believe, or wait, maybe it's dopamine....I can't remember which one. I do know for sure that he was taking melatonin there for a while if he's not still taking it. I've never tried it. I had no idea it is OTC.

yup, I take 12mgs at a time. It costs about $10-$12 a bottle.

AlleyCat

Insomnia is the worst. I've had trouble sleeping for a while now. Even when I'm completely exhausted, I still have the hardest time falling asleep. If I am able to fall asleep, I never stay asleep very long. I can't even remember the last time I got a full 8 hours. I really don't want to take anything prescription for it because I don't want to get dependent on it. Plus, I have heard some pretty strange stories from people that have taken meds like Ambien.

zlench

It's the worst thing to have with SA at the moment I am getting about 4 hours of sleep at the most. It is not a plesant thing to have at the moment.

recluse

Since loosing my job i have been having insomnia. I feel exhausted, irritable, i can't concentrate.