Inferiority complex because of looking young

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I look like I am about 15 years old. I hate that I look so much younger than I really am. It is really embarrassing when I say my age and people gasp and go 'You're 20?!' I was walking yesterday with my best friend who I've known for years and he met someone from his work on the road and the guy looks and goes r u his wee brother? it was ****ing humiliating. My friends tell me it really doesnt matter but it does to me. I worry if I had a job (I get carers allowance cos my dad is disabled so I can get by without working) nobody would even take me seriously because I look like a child. I hope I am not the only person who worries about looking young

dyingtolive

i feel the same way... i look about 10 years younger than i am, and i probably will even when im in my 40's.

i think it may be another reason why i am afraid to do things. like, learn how to drive, or drive, or act my age, or othr things. I do feel inferior. I am 29.

like i stated in other threads, i got body decorations to make me look older like long hair and tattoos. working out and getting some muscles can help too.
growing up has been a drag. you still can make the most out of how you look, how you dress as well perhaps if all else fails.

with regards to feeling like crap about it or other things, its made me feel a bit better learning famous people who are in the same situation.

like the lead singer of MGMT looks pretty young.

yeah, its a drag... i really wish/ed to look like other men. youre not alone

*Amy*

I look younger than I am but it doesn't matter at all to me. Actually, I'm glad I do. Just think that when you're 30, they will think you're 25, so it will be flattering! Besides, that probably means you have a cute face, which is something not everybody can flaunt. Just look at the positive side of it. And if you fear people judging you as being childish or immature, let them know that you're not by the way you talk or the things you say. Looking young and being wise, what else do you want?

dyingtolive

the singer of Kula Shaker also looks young due to not having any facial hair. That's the same with Native american indians. Barely any facial hair. I also have trouble growing worthy facial hair...

fishface19

I feel you, I'm almost 20 and I look 12.. I always get carded when I buy alcohol, lottery tickets, etc. but at the same time I can get away with borrowing my brother's youth bus pass muahaha ... But I think that the older you get, the more appreciative you and the other people will be of your youthful looks :p

Phoenixx

I'm 19 and I also look like I'm anywhere between 12 - 15. For a girl, I don't wear much makeup and I'm super short and I have a petite figure, so those factors don't help at all. I always get the shocked looks and gasps too when I tell people my actual age. I feel I'm not taken seriously too often at school either, only by those who actually know me there (which is barely a handful of people).
*That doesn't make me hate school though. I actually really like where I go to college. :)

I know I'll appreciate my looks when I'm older, but for now it just does not help matters any.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

Give it time, things will change. :)

I used to hate looking so young. Now that I'm approaching 30, I like it when people tell me how young I look.

WeirdyMcGee

We will feel lucky when we're 50 and still look 30.
For now, it's annoying, yes.
It gets better, supposedly.

Nick9075

I am 37 and look in my mid 20's and people my age generally treat me like crap or mostly like ****. I notice especially that most guys around my age & younger are embarrassed to be seen with or associate with me because they think people will think they are gay associating with me

Also, I am slightly underweight (5'6" - 134LBS) so it makes me look weak & nervous. I lift weights & cardio but I find its hard to make gains.