I'm going to become a Spinster

Rxqueen

For those who don't know a Spinster is an elderly single woman who hasn't gotten married or laid. I have a feeling this is what I'm going to become because of my lack of social skills, fear of the opposite sex, and fear of people in general. Sometimes I wish i could have an arranged marriage so I could be guaranteed a mate. Idk.......I'm rambling. Anyone else feel the same way?::(:

this_portrait

I'm pretty positive I'm on the road to being one of those myself, at the rate I'm going.

But there are other things I feel are more important in life, so I'm not making a huge deal over it.

Iseesky

Just last night I was thinking it might be better if I was to have an arranged marriage. Weird that you would mention that!

I love guys...Or, the thought of them anyway. When it comes to actually talking and communicating with them, I don't like them much. :p I like 'em, but they just intimidate me.

I do sometimes feel that I'll be a spinster...But, I'm young and still have hope that my social skills (with guys) will get better.

Nack

Banned
I'm pretty sure i'll end up the same way... I'm horrible at conversing with women. I don't act like a jerk enough :p

lunarla

I'm pretty sure i'll end up the same way... I'm horrible at conversing with women. I don't act like a jerk enough :p

Ohhhh, don't be silly, Nack. I doubt you'll become an old unmarried women who's yet to get laid!

On a more serious note, I doubt either of you ladies will be that either. You seem to have great qualities, it's just the anxieties that hold us back. And those can be managed and lessened with time.

Nack

Banned
Ohhhh, don't be silly, Nack. I doubt you'll become an old unmarried women who's yet to get laid!

On a more serious note, I doubt either of you ladies will be that either. You seem to have great qualities, it's just the anxieties that hold us back. And those can be managed and lessened with time.

Lol, very funny Luna. You best check your closet before going to bed tonight.:cool:

I'm not going to live long enough to become a spinster.

I really don't want to get married though, or have a relationship. It's just not for me.

I'm going to be married to my career. I think that will bring me way more fulfillment.

Last edited:

mrb

there is someone for evreyone out threre ...... if i can do it im pretty sure you lot can ...

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yup... future spinster here too. I don't mind though.
I can't open up enough to let anyone that close. Men have tried in the past, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Lea

Banned
And so what, is it the ultimate goal of life to get married? Can you not be valuable enough without having a man? Do you define your value just by being married to somebody? If yes, you better get that arranged marriage, get married to some idiot who will order you what to do and take your independence away. I by no means need to get married just for the sake of it. And even if I met someone who I like and who likes me, even then I'm not sure I would be keen on getting married. I'd just enjoy his friendship and company, that's all.

For those who don't know a Spinster is an elderly single woman who hasn't gotten married or laid. I have a feeling this is what I'm going to become because of my lack of social skills, fear of the opposite sex, and fear of people in general. Sometimes I wish i could have an arranged marriage so I could be guaranteed a mate. Idk.......I'm rambling. Anyone else feel the same way?::(:

I think I'm going to be a spinster too, that has never got married.
I've been laid, but i doubt i'll ever get married aye ::p:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

And so what, is it the ultimate goal of life to get married? Can you not be valuable enough without having a man? Do you define your value just by being married to somebody? If yes, you better get that arranged marriage, get married to some idiot who will order you what to do and take your independence away. I by no means need to get married just for the sake of it. And even if I met someone who I like and who likes me, even then I'm not sure I would be keen on getting married. I'd just enjoy his friendship and company, that's all.

*agrees* ... I would hate a married life.

Rxqueen

My ultimate goal in life is to find a meaningful relationship and hopefully love. Even if marriage isn't in my future I just want a guy to like me and want to be with me for a while....or forever lol...The married life you described is not the one I'd want...just the idea of having a companion for life that comes with marriage...even if that's just friendship. The arranged marriage thing was just an exaggeration....i wouldn't really want to have one. Anyway I understand what ur sayin I shouldn't need a man to complete me....but I sure would like one :D Too bad I tend to ruin any attempts a guy might make with my lack of social skills....

Rxqueen

Just last night I was thinking it might be better if I was to have an arranged marriage. Weird that you would mention that!

I love guys...Or, the thought of them anyway. When it comes to actually talking and communicating with them, I don't like them much. :p I like 'em, but they just intimidate me.

I do sometimes feel that I'll be a spinster...But, I'm young and still have hope that my social skills (with guys) will get better.

I feel the exact same way....I like guys but when they approach me I want to run away as fast as possible....either that or I close up and become a statue...lol... I'm 22 but I feel pretty old and hopeless...although I do hope I get better in the future right now I just feel like a pitiful loser...on a happier note at least I won't be the only spinster living alone in my cabin in the woods...lol...

Lorraine Manca

i think going through a divorce would be worse than being a spinster, i talked for a bit to someone who was going through one, it sounded awful. after listening to what it was like for the bum to leave her and her three kids, id never complain about being a spinster!!! after 22 years of marriage, the guy just walked off. you hear how much it hurt her in her voice. bring on spinsterhood if thats how happily-ever-after works out