I'm breaking all the rules. lol

Shyangel

Hi, what I mean by that introduction is that I've seemed to have made the rule not to say hi or give myself any opportunity to make a friend of any kind. Pretty stupid rule if you ask me, but hey, I seem to swear by it.

I'm 22 years old and I don't have any friends and I've never had a job. I'm ashamed of myself. I have no life at all, and I'm tired of it. This has gone on too long. I want friends, I want a life, and I really really want to get a job so I can stop feeling like I'm dead beat. I want to be someone useful, I actually want to do something with my time other then sitting around being bored and miserable. I really hope I can meet people on here who can help me get over my anxiety, and will be my friend. I just want to feel like I'm not alone in the world.
How did you guys get a job with social anxiety?

I look forward to getting to know you. ^.^

emre43

I'd just like to say that I am in exactly the same position as you (even the same age).

Dark_Angel

First of all welcome to the forum u have a nice nick too (dont think ive said it because of mine lolz xD ) btw i can see the positiveness in ur words this is very great never lose the hope and always try to reach ur goals , here there are a lot of nice ppl so i bet u will find good here =) i dont really have a fix job since i study but i sometimes work a bit because i dont like ask money to my parents and btw when it comes to job my sa get a bit improve because of the need try to find something that u like to do i know its not easy but i think that if u put all ur self and all ur force of will great things can be made anyways welcome again =)

Little Miss Muffet

Hiya, warm welcome to the forum :)

Having a job in my opinion is really important to mental wellbeing, but I think what is key is the type of job someone with SA does.

If you'd like to chat Im usually on here :)

This site has really helped me, thanks everone :), I hope it does the same for you.

Best wishes x

MikeyC

G'day Shyangel. Welcome to the forum. Good to see you're "breaking the rules" you've had for yourself. I wish you all the luck in reaching your goals. :)

Shyangel

Wow, Emre, I'm surprised. I really thought someone as well written as you(I've seen your posts) wouldn't have any problem getting a job or friends. It's nice to know I'm not the only one even though I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thanks, Dark Angel, so much for the advice and I must admit my choice in name was random. Thanks Missmuffet, I'll probably take you up on that offer. You seem like a interesting person. Thanks, Mikey, for the warm welcome and support. I can't help but ask why that avatar? I like The Simpsons to.

Shyangel

Thanks, Deadman, this is gonna be hard but I'm gonna try. Last year was the most difficult year for me. My boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me and my father got a brain tumor, that thankfully was removed safely with little affect to him. So, I'm really trying to make this year count. Thank you all for the welcome

SilverSky

Welcome! You sound positive and determined and that's really all you need for success. I've had a few jobs, it's hard to go out there and deal with people on a day to day basis, so I'd suggest trying part time so you still get enough "you time". Find something you like, be selective. I started out in customer service, worst mistake because it made me more inclined to hide out from the world because I didn't enjoy it. So if you find something you enjoy, it will be easier to stick with and feel pride doing it.

A little piece of unsolicited advice, is to remember that your worth doesn't come from money or jobs. YOU are worth something, no matter what. You have ideas, feelings, and potential. Just remember that :)

Good luck my friend.

Shyangel

Thank you, Sky, that meant alot to me. I'll really consider your advice. I'm gonna try and believe what you said about me having value no matter what, it's nice to hear someone say that. Maybe I do have value..I'll think about it...

If you need help with anything or just want to talk, feel free to contact me whenever. That guys for all of you guys as well.

Hi there im 27 and havent worked since 2004....
I had a job working in a store (It was horrible)...... I have not many friends but making a few new ones very slowly

I strongly recomend working with animals... You don't have to deal with people so much and they are awsome company and have a lot of sincere love to give... Farmer, Zookeeper, dogwalker, dog/catsitter, dog groomer, dog trainer... all very fun jobs!

SilverSky

I strongly recomend working with animals... You don't have to deal with people so much and they are awsome company and have a lot of sincere love to give... Farmer, Zookeeper, dogwalker, dog/catsitter, dog groomer, dog trainer... all very fun jobs!

great idea, I'd love to work with animals <3

Shyangel

Thanks for the advice Guyonthecouch. Just today I walked up to a dog grooming place and asked if they were hiring, they said no and they weren't very nice about it....I guess I'm not gonna get a job by going to the places and asking. Nothing seems to work.

Hi, Undertheboughs, It looks like we got some in common, huh? If you want to talk some about it, I'm in the same boat. lol

Feel free to drop a line any of you.

Don't give up on the job hunt, you are bound to find rude people, thats just the world we live in... Dog walking and sitting can be cool part time job, you can be your own boss, excercise... know any dogowners?

Shyangel

Yeah, but they have the time to do it there selves. They never seem like there looking for anyone. I think the mom is a live at home mom. I'm thinking about trying to do some odd jobs on Craig's list, or something.

MikeyC

Thanks, Mikey, for the warm welcome and support. I can't help but ask why that avatar? I like The Simpsons to.
Eh, it's a running thing here where I put Simpsons characters as my avatar. I may tire of it.

Anyway, that's unfortunate that the dog grooming place were rude to you. That's just one place out of many and I'm positive they're not all rude like that. With the job market being so lucrative, you are going to encounter rude people more often, but I hope you don't.

Srijita52

Hi and welcome to SPW. You seem like a very positive person, I hope you'll reach you goals soon :) Good luck!