im a girl but dont look like one help!

Didi

hey wassup everyone!
im a girl, but totally dont look like one. my family say i do look like a girl, its just me whom doesnt believe. i would want to believe that! but some of girls in my school give me a flirty looks and even talk to me the way they talk to a hot guy! :eek:
before i didnt cared if people think im a girl or a boy. but now i do really want to look like a girl! but seriously i've tried almost everything. i tried girls clothes to, but i look like a gay instead ::(:::(: what do i do to make myself look abit more like a girl?
ok this is how i look like:

Attachments

• DSC01794.JPG
    DSC01794.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01777.JPG
    DSC01777.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image_0001.jpg
    image_0001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The easiest thing to make yourself more feminine would be to grow your hair out I think. Your hair is cool now how it is, but if you want a more girly look having it a little longer would be the way to go.

I know you said you tried a change of wardrobe already, maybe some clothing to put a little or more emphasis on you breasts? I'm not suggesting you start wearing skin tight clothing with lots of cleavage, but the baggy shirts and sweatshirts hide what's under there.

I think you look fine the way you are, but if you want to look a little more girly I'd recommend those things :)

Last edited:

planemo

i agree with vj. have you tried asking other girls (family, friends) for any tips on your wardrobe? i'm sure they wouldn't mind helping you.

Rembrandt Broam

I really think it's the hairstyle that's making you look a little more boyish. I think a different hairstyle would transform the way you look quite a lot.

put a little or more emphasis on you breasts

That's definitely one for the "Things I Never Thought I'd Hear From VJ" file. :D

Insanewoman389

hey wassup everyone!
im a girl, but totally dont look like one. my family say i do look like a girl, its just me whom doesnt believe. i would want to believe that! but some of girls in my school give me a flirty looks and even talk to me the way they talk to a hot guy! :eek:
before i didnt cared if people think im a girl or a boy. but now i do really want to look like a girl! but seriously i've tried almost everything. i tried girls clothes to, but i look like a gay instead ::(:::(: what do i do to make myself look abit more like a girl?
ok this is how i look like:

I know how you feel, I look like a boy and I have dark hair on my sideburns and terrible eyebrows that make it worse that and my face looks boyish on its own it sucks :/

Like a lot of people said maybe you should grow out your hair and wear less baggy clothes it might help, it tends to help me cause I use to wear baggy clothes all the time and it just made it worse

DeadmanWalking

Along with what vj was saying, just try to trim your eyebrows a bit (I think), wear skirts and dresses sometimes, wear heels, put on make-up, and just look at what all of the other girls are wearing and emulate them. I guess you could also wear more revealing clothing (but, now that I say it, I feel like some kinda perv).

Also, welcome:)!

Waybuloo

Growing your hair longer and not have any that hang over your ears which can look like a sideburn. I think you are fine as you are, you have an energetic vibe which could contribute to you feeling 'unfeminine'. I don't think you should wear heels and wear makeup and tight clothes, which is so cliche anyways. If that's not who you are and what you are comfortable in, you would look ridiculous.

There is a Chinese actress with an adrogynous look and short hair, you might find some sort of inspiration here:

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t195442.html
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-11/01/content_387477.htm

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Do you like how you look?
That's the most important thing.

If you're willing to experiment with the way you dress and hair/makeup - that is wonderful and you may find yourself a new style but the most important thing is you feeling comfortable the way you are.

Didi

Do you like how you look?
That's the most important thing.

If you're willing to experiment with the way you dress and hair/makeup - that is wonderful and you may find yourself a new style but the most important thing is you feeling comfortable the way you are.

yea im fine with how i look, but about girls giving me flirtious smile and and so on is freaking me out! and sometimes when i get a girl friend, and find out i am a girl, they get dissapointed and they sometimes ignore me!

I have to agree with Vj too. Letting your hair grow helps. I'm a guy, and facially don't look the least bit girly, but due to my long hair I get addressed with ''ma'am'' all the time. :3

Didi

I have to agree with Vj too. Letting your hair grow helps. I'm a guy, and facially don't look the least bit girly, but due to my long hair I get addressed with ''ma'am'' all the time. :3

yea, i too agree with Vj to grow my hair longer.

WeirdyMcGee

yea im fine with how i look, but about girls giving me flirtious smile and and so on is freaking me out! and sometimes when i get a girl friend, and find out i am a girl, they get dissapointed and they sometimes ignore me!

I had the same thing happen to me in highschool - with girls flirting with me when I'd dress in baggier clothes.
It does make you feel awkward... not a very nice feeling to be mistaken for a boy when you're actually a girl.

Like everyone has been saying, though- hair style can take awhile to change but it probably one of the most transforming things you could try.
And from one girl to another, finding a good bra can change your whole silhouette, too.
I went from wearing baggy jeans to skirts and leggings and that seemed to change my image immediately.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you but if you want to try a change; all the power to you!
Just be comfortable with who you are.

KiaKaha

Banned
I have always found androgynous looking females to be quite attractive myself. I think you look perfect the way you are. If you do want to look a bit more feminine I agree with everyone else in that you just need to grow your hair out a bit. I think thats all you would need.

anxiety1408

The easiest thing to make yourself more feminine would be to grow your hair out I think. Your hair is cool now how it is, but if you want a more girly look having it a little longer would be the way to go.

I know you said you tried a change of wardrobe already, maybe some clothing to put a little or more emphasis on you breasts? I'm not suggesting you start wearing skin tight clothing with lots of cleavage, but the baggy shirts and sweatshirts hide what's under there.

I think you look fine the way you are, but if you want to look a little more girly I'd recommend those things :)

LOL thats classic. Umm but on topic, I think you should just change your hairstyle/let it grow out, you look fine but this is for your extra assurance. I think girls with short hair look pretty cool, but if your getting the wrong kind of attention/the attention you don't want, i suggest change the hairstyle :)

-lonestar-

I'm not a girl but I notice certain things girls do to be more girly. Grow your hair long for sure, wear clothing that eccentusates your femenine form. Get your eyebrows done, look at celebrities who have a simillar shape to yours and emulate their looks. Salons I think make girls reveal their beauty, maybe tell them you'd like a make-over, I've seen many girls transformed like that. Just play dressup, have fun being a girl, doing girl specific things like that, I don't think you need much make up just abit of lip gloss/stick.

Last edited:
I think, as previously mentioned, growing your hair would be the biggest help with your problem of other girls thinking your a boy. However this can take a long time to do. In the meantime, have you considered wearing some feminine jewellery? You can buy cheap jewellery, and when it breaks, just keep replacing it with more cheap ones.
Some feminine looking earings, bracelets, necklaces or rings etc. may help while you wait for you hair to grow out.:)

razzle dazzle rose

Do you want to change your look? You could still do the tomboy look while looking feminine.

Everyone is saying to grow your hair out longer, but getting your hair to grow is a long process! Do you like to wear your hair short? If so I would suggest to have it cut into a shorter pixie, getting rid of the longer "side burn" type bangs. Play around with cute barrettes and headbands. There are some really cool ones out there. Even colored bobby pins pinned on the side of your hair would look cute.

Makeup could help highlight your features and make you look more "feminine". You have a pretty face and nice skin, so you don't need much. A pink blush would brighten your face right up. A little bit of lip gloss and mascara and you are set.

You could also change your clothes, but if you like them keep them. Make changes you feel comfortable with. You wouldn't want to change your whole look I think.

Blabla..

you definitely don't look like a boy , others gave good suggestions , i say grow your hairs , do what other girls do , whatever that stuff is !