i was feelin good until....

OneOh1

Sitting out in public doing well with 2 good friends of mine who are dating each other. Anyway she decides to lean over and kiss her bf, in which I immediantly turned my head and felt my insides ready to come up. I feel depressed now...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Yeah I always feel uncomfortable around dating people. It's the closeness I think that pushes me over. Just seeing to people that intimate makes me unconformable. Sorry I have no help for you but I know what you mean.

Well, there are certain people who turn bitter or depressed when they see things they believe they could have if they were smarter, stronger, better looking etc.

I have no trouble accepting this.

Except they could very well be smarter, stronger and better looking. A matter of self observation, demoralization, which may serve the thoughts that they are not.

dutchguy

I know exactly what you mean; it depresses me as well to see people having a bond I sometimes think I'll never have with someone.

However, do realize that while it is only natural to feel a little depressed, these thoughts are never helpful nor truthful - you will someday experience that same kind of love, don't let you convince yourself otherwise.

Feathers

Yeah, something like that could depress/upset me a bit too.. especially if I knew for example he was very much into her and she not that much into him, or such...

Also, I think it's good to find single friends if you can... You can still hang out with those who are dating ocassionally, you'll feel better if you have at least some friends who are single too.. Or if you also go on dates regularly, even if they are online dates or something..

I once introduced my best friends to eachother (a boy and a girl) and they fell in love, and everytime I wanted to see one of them, they wanted to come together as a couple, and I felt really awkward because they were touching eachother all the time or hugging or kissing.. I felt like, Helloooo, i'm standing here xD. But now they broke up and I see one of them, that feels weird too. the sudden change of their love that couldnt stay.
But i'm glad they are my friends.

But still, I know how awkward it feels to sit in front of people who are touching and stuff. That feels really weird.

dutchguy

But still, I know how awkward it feels to sit in front of people who are touching and stuff. That feels really weird.
In my opinion, it's also a matter of manners on the part of the other people; even if you don't have SP, when you're in a group of three and two people start being intimate, they're basically excluding you from the group, and that's enough to make anyone feel awkward. I find it a bit rude when people don't have the patience to wait until they're alone to start making out.

Feelings of depression (and perhaps envy) are a different case, but like I said in my previous post, still totally understandable, especially for someone who hasn't had this experience himself - and now that I think about it, it's something that the other two people maybe should be considerate of as well.

Sinar_Matahari

A friend of mine has recently begun dating after a few years of being single. She raves about how she blushes when her new man looks at her and how her heart races when she sees him. She feels like a teenager in love. She deserves this and I am very happy for her. I wouldn't hold it against her if her and her guy were all over each other around me.

Sinar_Matahari

At least they weren't doing more than kissing and touching. I've had that happen to me on a few occasions...in my room, on my bed...my friend and her boyfriend...Now she tells me how she thinks she felt awkward when a friend and her boyfriend had sex in the back of her car while she was driving. ::p: That's what she gets. lol

Feathers

A friend of mine has recently begun dating after a few years of being single. She raves about how she blushes when her new man looks at her and how her heart races when she sees him. She feels like a teenager in love. She deserves this and I am very happy for her. I wouldn't hold it against her if her and her guy were all over each other around me.

Hm, Serafina, maybe cause you're happily taken too!! :)

I think it's easier when you have a significant other than when you don't. :)
I'm happy for your friend BTW too!!

In my opinion, it's also a matter of manners on the part of the other people; even if you don't have SP, when you're in a group of three and two people start being intimate, they're basically excluding you from the group, and that's enough to make anyone feel awkward. I find it a bit rude when people don't have the patience to wait until they're alone to start making out.

Feelings of depression (and perhaps envy) are a different case, but like I said in my previous post, still totally understandable, especially for someone who hasn't had this experience himself - and now that I think about it, it's something that the other two people maybe should be considerate of as well.

Yeah totally right, it's not a right manner to do such things in a group of tree going out, I mean not ALL the time, like keep on going like lovebirds touching eahother, but i know when u are in love u want to be close to that person all the time but still.. I would not make someone awkward in front of me. But i think thats because i've got sa. I dont want to make people feel the way I feel around people, In my case I feel akward so much, that I don't want anyone else go through it.
But in a three group, they should not let anyone else out of the attention, because that happens too much when 3 person meet up. Like 2 talking and 1 stands there doing nothing. I have respect for the person who do open up for the 1 standing outside the 2 ;)
Those people are what I call ''Socially kind people'' :D

Kinetik

The only time I feel that sort of hurt is if I think the woman involved is a total knockout. In that case I will feel a little jealous. I don't experience it when it's just an everyday couple though, but then I think that's because I've been in a lot of crappy relationships. It's like the magic is gone, and I'm totally not romantically inclined anymore. I can understand why it would burn for other people though - especially if you daydream about 'the one' or are inexperienced with the opposite sex.

mads

I was single up to 26, I am 27 now, so I know about beeing single.

I have never felt bad when friends or people I saw in the city were kissing, hugging each other. I have just tried to be happy for them, because even though I was feeling bad about myself, why should I feel bad when others were feeling good. It was not their fault I was feeling bad.

I think it depends in how you do it. Kissing, hugging in publing is ok to me,but if they start grabing each other then I think they should wait until they go home.