I want to learn how to speak with a british accent

Someone teach me pleaseeeeee..

It sounds so sophisticated, even if you're a complete dumb ass. Your criminals sound like college professors over there.

I've already noticed small things you guys do..... like instead of saying "Little" you'll say "lil-ah". You guys don't like using the T sound much, huh?...lol

anyway, teach me, I'm willing to learn

:cool:

Not British, but I did notice the ''R'' is never really pronounced that obviously when it's at the end of a word. Could be wrong though. :3

BDDgirl

I've already noticed small things you guys do..... like instead of saying "Little" you'll say "lil-ah".

I thought it was 'ickle' ?

Did you use this encyclopedia?

america-sees-world.jpg

Fear of people

Someone teach me pleaseeeeee..

It sounds so sophisticated, even if you're a complete dumb ass. Your criminals sound like college professors over there.

I've already noticed small things you guys do..... like instead of saying "Little" you'll say "lil-ah". You guys don't like using the T sound much, huh?...lol

anyway, teach me, I'm willing to learn

:cool:

Move to the UK...that should do the trick.:D

Luke1993

Well I'm not sure what reigon you've been listening to but if anything we put more emphasis on out t's I've never heard anyone here say it lilah

As for teaching you well it would be kinda difficult to do on a forum?

Well I'm not sure what reigon you've been listening to but if anything we put more emphasis on out t's I've never heard anyone here say it lilah

As for teaching you well it would be kinda difficult to do on a forum?

ickle........lil-ah.... potato, potatoe....

you guys obviously don't say little, which is the point.

I need a run down of about 60 common english words and how you guy's pronounce them...lol

:D

would that be too much work?

I'm from the tri state area of the united states NY/NJ/PA btw, A Yankee I guess.

Last edited:

Lost Girl

they end words with an "ah" sound instead of the "er". they're all like "what-evah!" and you americanas are like "whateverr!" I get what you mean with that missing t sound btw. they tend to skip over that part, in the thuggy brit movies anyway :p the cockney accent i think it's called. If you wanna learn the sophisticated british accent though, that's a whole other rule book.

Remus

Staff member
British accent? Well there's a huge amount of regional variety there. For example I can sound totally different to someone 20 miles away in any direction

dean01

deffo a cockney thing!. jason statham and all dat malarcky. it's dat typa thing, your talkin bout right, mucker! lol ;)

AimeeSP

British accent? Well there's a huge amount of regional variety there. For example I can sound totally different to someone 20 miles away in any direction

Yeah exactly, i sound nothing like my cousins up north but we're both british lol. :)

AimeeSP

've already noticed small things you guys do..... like instead of saying "Little" you'll say "lil-ah". You guys don't like using the T sound much, huh?...lol

But...I do say it little! Honest!

It would help if you post a video of what variety of accent you've been listening to and would like to master.

Yeah a video would be good like Luke said to see which accent you'd like to learn.

I don't usually say little as "little or lit-ah" i say it as "li - all" lol, guess that's my cockney accent. "Lit-ah" to me sounds like litter, as in cat litter or litter on the floor lol.

Felgen

I like the accents in the north much better than the infamous BBC accent. My favourite is the geordie accent. :)

Tiercel

I'm still waiting for the day when I get the chance to raise my voice and finish a conversation with "Good day, sir!" But with my accent it doesn't quite work.

I pretty much try not to sound like this guy:

YouTube - philadelphia goofyness

But having lived my entire life in and just outside of Philadelphia, there's not much I can do about it now. And as proud as I am of my regional heritage, I'm always painfully aware that I sound like an idiot no matter how many big words I try to use.

Still, some day I may get to say something that sounds more like "Good day, sir" than.... uh.... "Bug juice!"

:D

Edit: Around here we say it more like "liddul" than "little."

Last edited: