I think i'll be single forever

recluse

You're worried about being single at 17? How would you feel having never had a girflfriend at 28?::(:

enchantress24

I don't know, 16-18 doesn't seem like a big thing to me. I think a lot of people are single at this stage. When you're 30 and still single, I would start to worry.

30? no way! too young. you're in your prime! you should be out there meeting people and having fun. lol.
i would worry, tho, if i was 30 and didn't have a decent job or my own house. I think people should get their priorities straight. Focus on the more important things.

Danfalc

Banned
You're worried about being single at 17? How would you feel having never had a girflfriend at 28?::(:

Being on your own sucks at any age,just because your younger doesnt make it any less sucky.In a way i think everyone is right...the op is only young and has his life streching out in front of him.But still social anxiety...lonleyness doesnt care about age.What if he gets too 28 aswell and its still the same...will it still be okay to say you have plenty of years ahead of you yet?

MadCat

Being on your own sucks at any age,just because your younger doesnt make it any less sucky.In a way i think everyone is right...the op is only young and has his life streching out in front of him.But still social anxiety...lonleyness doesnt care about age.What if he gets too 28 aswell and its still the same...will it still be okay to say you have plenty of years ahead of you yet?

I agree with what you're saying, but I think the idea is that because the OP is still very young, there is a lot that can be done still. I mean I was housebound for 5 years, almost 6 years where I had not even 1 friend at all or even went out of the house. 17-23. I still managed to have a girlfriend. Well, did have, that is. I mean there's like 10 years ahead before the OP reaches 28, so in those 10 years, lots of stuff can happen, even though it will be tough. Good valid points though you made, it sucks either way, regardless of the age. Younger though gives more room to change before it becomes too late!

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah i know what your saying Madcat and i agree totaly.He has got years ahead of him to change his life.Just "some: (not everyone) people seemed to completley write off his problems because hes young which i didnt think was fair.Not saying you did madcat im not aiming this at you ::p: Or recluse for that matter i just happend to quote you!

Argamemnon

Hey, what are you mid-20s people complaining about? Try being in your late 20s without ever having had even a fake relationship.

*waits for 30-somethings to enter*
Hey, what are you late 20s people complaining about? Try being in your 30s without ever having had even a fake relationship.

*waits for 40-somethings to enter*

gsmax5

If I reach 40 and still have never had sex (I know this is going to happen at the rate things are going), I'm going to call a prostitute.

cree

so talking about single forever.may i share my story here,i'm 20 years old now.and haven't getting relationship yet.so,in this step i begain serious thing about it...
anyway at my campus,there's my senior,we're know each other,and i'm feel believing that he gave attention to me,but i' m not too courage close with him...if we meet,i just can say hello ,without make more conversation with him.my HH problem make me absolutely mess...:-(

Sure_whynot

Okay so maybe two years ago it didn't bother me to be single, but now i'm 16 ( almost 17) ... and my friends are in happy relationships, and i'm the only idiot just hanging around single! So far, every guy i had a crush (or close to dating) seemed to move away, became a jerk, or dated another girl...

With that attitude you will be...

You sound like your taking life too seriously, especially if your only 16.
Have fun, make mistakes, your allowed to. Throw yourself out there, or you'll always wonder "what if?". Also, people are assholes, people move away, and people date each other. Try being a bitch sometime and join the party, no excuse is better then youth.

moody

i'm 21 last time i had a boyfriend was approx 7 years ago haven't even kissed a guy since then and the only one i've been interested in in the last 6 years i can't have (too complicated and long to explain)

Ericisme

You guys seem to have turned this into a d**k measuring contest. How about every body stops comparing themselves to her? If anything I say she needs more help than a 25 year old who hasn't went on a real date. We can still help a 16 year old, a 25 year old probably gave up by now because they think they can't do it, but we can help somebody when they're first starting out. She's 16, she can't do all this on her own. But a 25 year old, or even an 18 year old sure can and get lots farther! SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO HER!

HeadFace

-_- This thread died over a year ago.
I doubt the person who started this still goes here, but I kind of disagree with all this "oh hurr hurr hurr HS relationships are jokes" stereotype. I mean, yeah, there are the people who only do it to "have fun" or whatever. But I've heard stories about couples - even hold couples- that started dating during high school. Even a couple who got married when they were 17.
And they were both American, so don't mix it up with the arranged marriages from the middle eastern cultures.

But I guess I'm not one to talk... All my relationships so far haven't really been... Yah know. Long lasting? Especially my last. Jesus, was that a ****ing joke. She dumped me in front of all of her friends. Such a ****ing joke, I swear.

fitftw

Statistically, high school relationships last a very low percentage of times.

College is higher, and out in the real world it's highest.

HeadFace

Yeah, I meant that quite a few can last. I've discovered that most of them time one of the mates is quite serious about it, while the other's not serious at all. You know, whether one of them is using the other for sex, or something like that.

fitftw

^ that's pretty much how relationships work. One person always cares less than the other, and that person controls the relationship.

AGR

Yeah I will be too,I actually was pretty good looking a couple years back and a couple girls liked me,one in particular was crazy about me,but I couldnt relate to any of them,some were also untrustable,at least for me,it is something I want the most,to have a family,someone to come home to everyday,I hate people who have that and dont even care,cheats,lie and etc.