I think i'll be single forever

AllieG

Okay so maybe two years ago it didn't bother me to be single, but now i'm 16 ( almost 17) ... and my friends are in happy relationships, and i'm the only idiot just hanging around single! So far, every guy i had a crush (or close to dating) seemed to move away, became a jerk, or dated another girl...

okay i'll admit i think i was being over dramatic when i wrote this lol...still single though :-D

Last edited:

no1

Banned
wow you're 16. I'm 22 and I've never had so much as a single "close" female friend.

oh but maybe the standards for girls are different from guys since they are special.

I knew a girl who was really good looking.. she told me her first boyfriend she had when she was like 19 or so.

saen

Since everyone is throwing their age around: I'm 18 and have never more than spoken to girls my own age - a lot to do with never being in a coed school. Then again, SA doesn't help either. I'm still young, and still have the capacity to learn. Just give it time - that's what I tell myself.

ErinReives

The same things happened/are happening to me. I'd have a stupid crush on a guy and try to the best of my ability to get that guy to even notice me.... but no. I know that the problem lies within myself, being such a coward and all. I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend...that's so sad D=

Ubersonic

Okay so maybe two years ago it didn't bother me to be single, but now i'm 16 ... and my friends are in happy relationships, and i'm the only idiot just hanging around single! So far, every guy i had a crush (or close to dating) seemed to move away, became a jerk, or dated another girl.

Wow 16 and never had a boyfriend!?!?!?!

Yeah your life is pretty much done for...

Seriously common... High school relationships are a joke. It sounds like you just want to fit in. Which, let me tell you, is a terrific reason for wanting a relationship. :rolleyes:

bleach

Banned
He's right, lots of people have their first relationship after HS. And those 'happy relationships' your friends are in are going nowhere in the long run, count on that. You should wait at least 5 more years before you consider blowing your brains out.

Havocan

Normally, a long-lasting, healthy and positive relationship takes place between a couple in their 20s.

Richey

as do i at this stage! which is a real shame ..i wont give up but i'm finding that most of the girls i end up liking tend to gravitate towards the coolest most free-spirited guys and even this nerdier girl i liked tended to do this because she felt safer and found it more enjoyable which is completely understandable ..

also im still at uni with sod all income after renting for a few years back living with my parents and in my mid twenties so im not exactly a catch in terms of status in life ..

added to that you see my class has thirty people which is alot and i either clam up and dont say much yet when i do talk i come across as serious rather then relaxed and witty because its a crowded place other times i can be more relaxed and fun but i cant always do it on the spot

everytime i think about approaching a girl my conscious says to me "why would she choose me of all people, she'd probably never look twice at me in reality anyway, every other guy out there has something to offer im sure and is probably better looking" ..

its negative self talk but i've grown up around bullies at school and in my family so my feelings towards myself have been validated by other people and the unfortunate environment that has shaped my view of myself hasn't helped ...

the way i see it is the more people throw themselves into a more active social world the more likely you will find potential partners or dates at least because you are being seen even of your a little shy and i spent a few years in hiding and avoiding everything

you have plenty of time to make friends and meet people ahead of you, don't fret.

nephatitus

wo forever is a very long time

im sure you will all meet someone who is very dear to you by then

and if you do like someone and you kind of think they like you back you should try and let them know since people sometimes are just as unsure as you are

enchantress24

what are all u teenagers complaining about? try being in ur mid twenties and never been in a real relationship...and having ur family think ur either weird or gay. enjoy being single and do whatever u wanna do.

I'm 33 and in a relationship with a woman 17 years older than myself! We've been together 11 years now. Gals/guys be patiet, and don't look for love it will find you. Maybe in the place you may least expect it. Be happy with yourself, and surround yourselves with good friends and family. Work on yourself, and who you are. The rest will all fall in place....trust me. There's plenty of time :)

C

clio_crowley

Guys i'm 27 and have been single for 2 years and i have resigned myself to the fact that i will be single forever. Do you know what its like when all your aunties and cousins quiz you about why you aren't married yet?! it is depressing.

limetree

I'm 16. Even though I'm still young that isn't much reassurance when I'm not doing anything about my crushes.. going to passive-aggressively resent them for not reading my mind in order to try and stop liking them, muhaha!! +1 pride, oh wait..

no1

Banned
I don't know. It seems as though a lot of people just get together because they don't want to be alone, not necessarily because they have a great love for the other person. I think this is why I feel so cynical. Or maybe I have a different set of standards or expectations than everyone else. I'd want to be with someone because I liked them, not because I felt lonely. I think there's a difference.

That being said, I don't see how you can be lonely for someone you haven't met or don't even know exists. I don't feel lonely for someone, but that's because I'm not just after a boyfriend. I think what makes people lonely is the idea that we should have a partner and we don't. Just like with friends. I feel like I should have them, and that's why I feel lonely. Take that away, and there's just me living my life.

lol.. good way to see it.

MadCat

I don't know, 16-18 doesn't seem like a big thing to me. I think a lot of people are single at this stage. When you're 30 and still single, I would start to worry.

Perfidion

I don't know. It seems as though a lot of people just get together because they don't want to be alone, not necessarily because they have a great love for the other person.

True. There are several women I work with who have openly stated that they don't actually love their partners, they've simply felt the ticking of their biological clocks and settled for "the best they can hope for in the short time they've got left", which is kind of sad when you think about it, especially when they've had children to these poor, deluded saps. You can see it on the faces of some of them -- a sort of hollow-eyed "this is my lot in life, so I'm just going to grin and bear it" expression. God forbid I end up like that.