I passed my test!!!

Hello, everyone! :)

The past week has been pretty hard. There are several positions available at the local library. I’ve always loved the library and it would be the ideal place to work, for me.

The problem, though, is that you have to pass a skills test before your application will be even considered. I thought I’d give it a try. It’s a short drive to the nearest library branch, but when I got there, I got REALLY nervous. I tried to think positively. I told myself that I could do it, that I was smart, that I had the strength to go through with it. Despite my best efforts, I shamefully left without even attempting the test.

The second day, like the first, was a bit of a tough go. I used all the same positive self-talk, and tried – really, really, tried – to calm down. But I couldn’t. I felt weak, lame, ashamed, and totally subdued by my anxiety. I had given up on taking it all together.

As it happened, my dad and I were out running some errands, buying this, picking up that, and on a whim, I decided to give it one last go. When I arrived, I asked the library attended where I could take the test, and she showed me to a computer where I was to take the test. I was short of breath, my hands trembled over the mouse and keyboard, my heart raced faster and faster – but before I knew it, the test was over and I passed with a 100% in 7 minutes out of the 10 that they give you!!! Yay!

I don't frequently post on this forum board. Actually, I've only posted once. I do, however, visit this site often, as a source of consolation, inspiration, and despite all depressing evidence to the contrary, it gives me the feeling that I'm normal. I don't have social phobia, but I have been diagnosed with both bipolar disorder and Asperger's syndrome, and more than anything I know what it's like to be anxious, and to hate socializing, and how agonizingly difficult life is with a mental illness. So I decided to tell my story because I wanted so desperately to share my excitement with someone, even if only with a group full of strangers!!! :)

Thanks for reading everyone!

Generical

Seriously well done! It's always a perfect feeling after you've made yourself do something and it turned out well, good luck with your application, it'll be great experience.