i need some advice.

knowlife

so, my girlfriend broke up with me and we live together. she gets disability and i work part time making minimal wage. i cant stand to be around her and since the relationship is over i guess i should go. thing is i have no family or friends to turn to so my only option is homelessness. i make so little money at my job i couldnt possible get my own place. maybe rent a room but theres no available in the area closest to work. she was the only person in my life. period. i am completely socially isolated. she broke up with me because i am emotionally isolated. i dont have a car nor a licence and very little experience in anything that isnt retail or fast food. oh and a lousy g.e.d. ive made such a mess of my life that i am pretty much at my wits end. what can i do, you think? im trying super hard not to have a ideation but damn it if i wasnt a better time.

MikeyC

Why do you have to move? Can she move?

Is there literally nobody else? A family member? Even an acquaintance you could ask a favour of?

Hopefully you find somewhere to go. Sorry the relationship didn't work out. ::(:

Kat

There are things available but it depends on where you are from as well. If worse comes to worst I’d google a bit of information about shelters and potential funding you can get. Meals on wheels usually help out too.

If you have done a bit of food handling it could be a stepping stone towards working in kitchens and becoming a chef. Another thing you could look into is apprenticeships, on the job training or government funded education programs.

bcsr

I don't know where you live, but here in the states we have Job Corps. If you live in the U.S., or if your area has a similar program, I would definitely look into it.

I had a friend who bummed around for a few years after high school doing nothing, and Job Corps was amazing for him. They provide housing, meals, job training, and job assistance once you finish the program.

DeadmanWalking

If the house is in your name, then shouldn't she be the one to leave? If not, then homeless shelters are always an option. There should be some resources there to help you get back on your feet. As for your skills, getting a degree from college (online or not) should be able to help you or just simple job training.

knowlife

its her apartment and she wants me out. i live in michigan. im 31 and have no friends or family. actually i dropped out of job after a suicide attempt.

WeirdyMcGee

Have you checked for people looking for roommates in local classifieds or craigslist/kijiji?
Moving in with strangers is a scary concept-- but could turn out to be a good step for you.