I must look like a monster

Argamemnon

Argamemnon, perhaps people look at you because you are nice to look at, not because you look like a monster...
That might be the case on my rare good days, but a lot of the time I'm depressed and anxious, so.. Even when I feel good, I can be very nervous and make people uncomfortable...

You are very nice/friendly (and beautiful) to look at yourself, I bet people don't react negatively when they look at you...

BTW, I didn't mean that I'm as ugly as a monster (not that I'm Brad Pitt), but I definitely look ugly when I'm anxious, which is most of the time.

Last edited:

timidhorse

I swear I must look like a monster or something, because every time a smiling/laughing person looks at me, they stop immediately. They look very cautious until I pass by. Some people almost crap their pants when they look at me, I kid you not :eek: It just shows me that I am the only one of my kind, which is a lonely feeling. Maybe I should not give a sh*t and learn to enjoy it?

You have it good, people usually act like they don't see me, they stop and look somewhere else when I smile at them. Dunno if it's because they are nervous or just hate me. *shrugs* That's probably why I stopped smiling all together.

Tiercel

Maybe I should not give a sh*t and learn to enjoy it?

I think if you can do the former, the latter will follow. When you're out and about, remember that all those other people sit down to crap just like you do. And if that doesn't help, maybe try to have some fun with them.

Start with just a friendly "Hello," or "Hey." And make sure you try a little smile, too. If your attempts at being friendly don't quite work, get creative. Try greeting them in the queerest voice you can muster. Queer in this instance meaning stereotypical flaming homosexual, not queer like Gollum. If they look frightened, try giving them an "are you sh!tting me?" look. Feel free to laugh a bit, too. After all, you're not that hideous! If they look like they might crap their pants, just ask them not to. "Please don't crap your pants. That's what that old lady did on Tuesday, and I really can't take any more."

But if you say anything to someone, try to say it with a smile on your face. And remember that you know a genuine smile (or a darn good fake one) by looking in the person's eyes. I know it can be hard when you feel terrible, but sometimes just letting go a bit and having a laugh can help brighten your day.

And if you get dirty/frightened looks after interacting with someone, at least it will be because of something you did and not who you are. ;)

Lea

Banned
I don't have pictures on my computer, and I don't have a (dig) camera either. But even if I had a camera, I wouldn't post my picture. You can't trust people these days.

Like what you think they could do with it? Practice voodoo? :D You see if you don´t open up a bit, you don´t loose anything but won´t have anything coming in either.. (this is not related only to this case).

Argamemnon

Like what you think they could do with it? Practice voodoo? :D You see if you don´t open up a bit, you don´t loose anything but won´t have anything coming in either.. (this is not related only to this case).
What on earth is voodoo?

Argamemnon

I think if you can do the former, the latter will follow. When you're out and about, remember that all those other people sit down to crap just like you do. And if that doesn't help, maybe try to have some fun with them.

Start with just a friendly "Hello," or "Hey." And make sure you try a little smile, too. If your attempts at being friendly don't quite work, get creative. Try greeting them in the queerest voice you can muster. Queer in this instance meaning stereotypical flaming homosexual, not queer like Gollum. If they look frightened, try giving them an "are you sh!tting me?" look. Feel free to laugh a bit, too. After all, you're not that hideous! If they look like they might crap their pants, just ask them not to. "Please don't crap your pants. That's what that old lady did on Tuesday, and I really can't take any more."

But if you say anything to someone, try to say it with a smile on your face. And remember that you know a genuine smile (or a darn good fake one) by looking in the person's eyes. I know it can be hard when you feel terrible, but sometimes just letting go a bit and having a laugh can help brighten your day.

And if you get dirty/frightened looks after interacting with someone, at least it will be because of something you did and not who you are. ;)
I'll give it a try ::p:

TheLostCause

I don't really care what other people think to be honest. If someone sees you then it's only natural they look at you. They can't exactly walk about with a blind fold on. The chances are once someone looks at you they don't think about you and that's about it. Does anybody really care or give second thought to a person they walk by ?

Argamemnon

I don't really care what other people think to be honest. If someone sees you then it's only natural they look at you. They can't exactly walk about with a blind fold on. The chances are once someone looks at you they don't think about you and that's about it. Does anybody really care or give second thought to a person they walk by ?
The problem is not that they look at me, but that they become very serious when I come around the corner. People always tend to freeze in my presence.

iamthenra

Yeah that's true. I often look serious and angry at time and i think it give the impression to some people that i'm not a nice person. When i smile i sometimes look creepy so i cant win!:rolleyes:

Me too! I think my subconscious mind makes me look this way to keep others from approaching me, because deep down I don't want to be talking to anyone.
3760728054_7df4aa7b50_o.gif

Jannah

Banned

Yea, I don't look at people when I go out unless I am speaking to them. I avoid making any type of eye contact when passing people because I simply don't care. If I were to start looking at people and making eye contact at random people then I would feel uncomfortable because since I am a guy and am looking at another guy they probably are taking it like I am trying to stare them down or they might get it all wrong and think I am checking them out lol (i'm not gay), and with girls I avoid contact because I feel pathetic to make eye contact with a girl as if I was interested and they always turn the other way anyways because I guess I'm really ugly, so it embarrasses me to make eye contact or even look at another woman if I not speaking with her.

oel

i really do look like a freak and it sucks, i dont know how to deal with it, recently ive been trying to just keep my head straight and not focus on whats going on around me. i still cant look ppl in the eye tho, ppl say looks dont matter but they do, they affect the way ppl treat u, and how u feel about urself, i have 0 friends at all, seriously, my life would be alot better if i just looked like an average guy, but oh well, i have to deal with it. my advice is too not let it get to u too much, try to weed through the bullshit and show who you really are inside, its hard but u have to do it.

TheLostCause

Well there's only one way to know. Show someone your picture who is honest and who you can trust. If you do look angry then you can maybe work at ways of improving your facial expressions ?

Does anything make you laugh or smile like music or mp3s or whatever ? If so stick on some earphones and listen to some music or jokes and forget about who looks at you.

Maybe i look a bit pissed off aswell, i don't exactly smile as much as i should. To be honest i'm more concerned with how i feel or see myself to actually care what anyone else thinks.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm okay looking, I've seen pictures and the camera doesn't lie. But it doesn't really matter when you hate eye-contact and want to scream if someone asks you something.

You could be Johnny Depp, but if you carry around an image of yourself in your head as being a freak, no one's going to find you attractive.

Well, maybe not Johnny Depp. :)

Jake123

Banned
Usually if I'm laughing/smiling and I spot a guy who I find gorgeous I get a bit nervous and stop immediately. It's certainly not because they're monsters, it's because they're hawt :eek:

Queen_Of_Pain

I used to wonder why people gave me funny looks, but then I realised that I was starring at them strangely in the first place so it's no wonder. *shame*