I must look like a monster

Argamemnon

I swear I must look like a monster or something, because every time a smiling/laughing person looks at me, they stop immediately. They look very cautious until I pass by. Some people almost crap their pants when they look at me, I kid you not :eek: It just shows me that I am the only one of my kind, which is a lonely feeling. Maybe I should not give a sh*t and learn to enjoy it?

Last edited:

Ashiene

Monsters have become some of the most famous characters in the world, for example, Freddy Krueger, my favorite monster :) :)

People don't stop smiling and laughing because they see ugly people -- in fact, they're more likely to laugh at ugly people. They stop smiling and laughing because they see someone who looks very serious, depressed, angry or uncomfortable. If you look uncomfortable with people, they're going to be uncomfortable with that. And who can carry on with care-free laughter when passing someone who looks like their parents just died?

Last edited:

hevernon

People don't stop smiling and laughing because they see ugly people -- in fact, they're more likely to laugh at ugly people. They stop smiling and laughing because they see someone who looks very serious, depressed, angry or uncomfortable. If you look uncomfortable with people, they're going to be uncomfortable with that. And who can carry on with care-free laughter when passing someone who looks like their parents just died?

Hoth has hit the nail on the head.
It's more likely to be the vibe you're giving off.
If you're genuinely happy, comfortable and smiley, people are more likely
to be like that with you, mirrow that and be more comfortable around you.
Unfortunatly not all us feel this way and it's difficult thing to fake.

Lea

Banned
Just post your pic, why are you still afraid? You don´t have to keep it up if you don´t want to.

recluse

Yeah that's true. I often look serious and angry at time and i think it give the impression to some people that i'm not a nice person. When i smile i sometimes look creepy so i cant win!:rolleyes:

this_portrait

I have the exact same problem whenever I go places. People seem to get all serious whenever I pass them by, even though they were all smiles just a moment ago before I came around the corner. I've been told that the reason people do this is because I come off as intimidating, which is probably true since I always throw up my shields whenever I go out and act cautious of my surroundings.

zlench

The people that stare are always the ones that I fear the most. It's like sometimes they have nothing better to do.

Mikefly

I have the exact same problem whenever I go places. People seem to get all serious whenever I pass them by, even though they were all smiles just a moment ago before I came around the corner. I've been told that the reason people do this is because I come off as intimidating, which is probably true since I always throw up my shields whenever I go out and act cautious of my surroundings.

I do the same thing people are all happy , smiling , giggling i come around the corner and everyone freezes.

smff73

Yeah that's true. I often look serious and angry at time and i think it give the impression to some people that i'm not a nice person. When i smile i sometimes look creepy so i cant win!:rolleyes:

I agree with that 100%. I've been told I look serious and angry and to stop growling at people, at times when I've felt fine. And often when talking to people they look scared, and soon bugger off.

And as for the smiling, absolutely agree with that too! Anyone know if this is purely down to the mental state, or do you think facial exercises to retrain the facial muscles may help ( don't laugh! )

dooby-duck

I have the opposite problem a lot of the time. I must look really approachable. I seem to attract all the local nutters as well. There can be a street full of people and they will pass loads of them to get to me.

Last edited:

Argamemnon

I can't look happy when I'm anxious and depressed. I find it extremely hard to just ignore people's reaction. In fact, I get much more anxious when they react that way. This entraps me in a vicious cycle of beating myself up, feeling guilty and getting more anxious.

Last edited:

Argamemnon

Just post your pic, why are you still afraid? You don´t have to keep it up if you don´t want to.
I don't have pictures on my computer, and I don't have a (dig) camera either. But even if I had a camera, I wouldn't post my picture. You can't trust people these days.

FOR REAL

Banned
if any of us, walk along the street staring at people, they will stare back i reckon. (or you think they are)
a friend of mine used to say "you always look scared when you go out" and he was right, i did.

i think we should all get masks from the mask shop, and laugh incontrolabley at anyone that stares back
iether that or as someone sais above, the phrase "b**ger off" always seems to work!

Last edited:

pufferfish

i smile at people who look friendly, it has nothing to do with how they look. i stop smiling at someone who looks angry or uncomfortable. you probably aren't ugly... just angry. haha :) i mean, why would someone keep smiling at someone who doesn't smile back?

FOR REAL

Banned
and another thing, its all them out there, creeping around like politicians that are the real monsters
that society lot!!
stuff them!!