I like to eat, eat, eat

PerseverareJasmine

With Thanksgiving coming up soon I'm wondering what the day's menu is looking like for those of you here who celebrate it. Is there a dish in particular that you always look forward to?

nodejesque

I have a huge family. I am not a great cook, but due to working in many restaurants in my teens, I learned to make some dishes... That now I HAVE to make every thanksgiving because my family would die.
I make the best barbeque ribs... (10 racks) sweet and spicy. (My sisters favorite)

Then I make 5 lasagnas. (My godsons and aunts favorite)

Pork and beans with brown sugar, chorizo, bacon and BBQ sauce. (My brothers favorite)

And sautéed green beans with Canadian bacon. (My favorite).

This is all aside from two huge hams and four or five turkeys, tamales, and all the sides.

Plus desserts.

There are about 120 of us, and that's just family. This year I did invite four people... I hope we don't scare them off.

slimjim119

I look forward to the sweet potatoes with the mini marshmallows in them. Cranberries and left over turkey to make sandwiches the next day.

Bronson99

I have a huge family. I am not a great cook, but due to working in many restaurants in my teens, I learned to make some dishes... That now I HAVE to make every thanksgiving because my family would die.
I make the best barbeque ribs... (10 racks) sweet and spicy. (My sisters favorite)

Then I make 5 lasagnas. (My godsons and aunts favorite)

Pork and beans with brown sugar, chorizo, bacon and BBQ sauce. (My brothers favorite)

And sautéed green beans with Canadian bacon. (My favorite).

This is all aside from two huge hams and four or five turkeys, tamales, and all the sides.

Plus desserts.

There are about 120 of us, and that's just family. This year I did invite four people... I hope we don't scare them off.

What place do you go that has room for 120 people at Thanksgiving? I've never even heard of this kind of scale...

Bronson99

Well, as long as you get through it all without the dreaded "turkey coma", it's all good :thumbup:

Rawz

I'm going to be working this thanksgiving. Apparently I will be able to get free food at work.

mantishugo

I know thanksgiving day is approaching, I would like to make it a healthy and joyful day for myself. I'm ordering 12 cans of coconut water from online store, have some plans for preparing green vegetables, fruit salad and watching comfortable family movie with my family. :)