I find myself hating people who...

Untamed88

complain they are fat while lifting their top to show everyone their 'flab'
who say they are so ugly while posting loads of photos of themelves on facebook
who claim they have low self esteem and have a you tube channel

I don't know, maybe I am jealous that they are more confident than me. I refuse to let anyone look at me because I genuinely believe I am fat and ugly. It annoys me when people claim they are fat and ugly and then 'parade' themselves.

Sorry, I had to 'vent'.

Could be that they have bdd and a histrionic tendency... or just that they do think they are ugly, but desperately need some affirmation and attention at the same time. I know it sounds cliche... but as I grow older... it seems that it is true that it's character that counts. Character is destiny I think... no matter the outside appearances.

Snowdrop

I find it really annoying too. Mostly because (I'm pretty sure) they know that they're not that bad looking, they simply have a few very minor self esteem issues. When you compare it with what we have, that's nothing you can complain about.
But then sometimes I feel guilty about thinking this because you can't blame them for not knowing what it's like to suffer from anxiety, depression what have you. They are in their own world, where self esteem is only a small problem in their life.
Oh and yeah what Dronee said. I think I actually do post pics up sometimes for affirmation.

Last edited:

Liam17

I understand what your saying, i do those things, but its to get more confidence. When i post up photo's its harder than it seems. Posting my photo up, gives me more confidence to do more things, you've got to start at bottom, to get the top.

On a related-unrelated subject, it genuinly annoys me when people repetitively say that they're super fat, or super ugly when they're really not.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
complain they are fat while lifting their top to show everyone their 'flab'
who say they are so ugly while posting loads of photos of themelves on facebook
who claim they have low self esteem and have a you tube channel
Some people who complain about being fat are actually doing something about it.

Low self esteem and insecurity manifest in different ways, though I won't deny that some people know they look good and are just fishing. You're not likely to catch me pic-spamming though. ::p:

I understand what you are saying. Also you can add to the list: People who complain about having a horrible life despite having freedom/independence, family/friends, support, job/schooling, BF/GF, car, etc.

I can't understand what could be bothering someone in this position. It's funny cause there is people with way less and they enjoy life more. I guess it goes to show that when you are spoiled or try to be something you are not, you simply ignore all the good in your life.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

When someone says a negative thing about themselves w/ pictures it's a set-up. By that I mean they have nothing to lose by that and people can only agree with them or what happens a lot of the time is people who see that the person believes they are fat and ugly will tell them that that they aren't fat and ugly. Those people that post a bunch of pictures and claim to overweight and ugly aren't confident, they are really insecure and trying to find someone to boost their self-esteem.

It seems like the human race complains more than anything. You can have everything going well in your life, and the human being will still look for something petty to complain about. It's just the way we are, some are worse than others.

Oh one other minor possibility. Some people are just really clueless. I've had friends who will score 95% (near the top) or B grade in a test or exam and be genuinely sad that they didn't "do well" (not perfect)... or this one old friend who is simply clueless and says things like "aw shucks.. but what can I do, no one likes me"... and the truth is that DOZENS of girls are crazy over him.

On the insecure thing... I sometimes do it too. I don't post pics of myself, but I post my beginner paintings at times. As a kid, except for logic, I was terrible at everything else. My art, writings, maths... you name it... there's usually people there to tell me how bad I am. Sometimes, I can look at one of my own paintings and thought... hey I like that, the artist has a nice point... until I remember I painted it. Usually if I know that I'm the painter, I would immediately see all the flaws first.

Turn on the TV... Or listen to current culture: "You should have unlimited wealth! Unlimited this, unlimited that! A beautiful body! You should be a star. Should be popular. Should have this, have that..." If that's the American Dream (or substitute your national equivalent) is the new norm, then how are those who subscribe to this (voluntarily or otherwise) but "failed" to achieve it supposed to feel? If we're all supposed to be the best... but logically only a small percentage can be the best as defined by the media and popular culture.

I'm not defending or criticizing those people... just that I think it's the natural corollary of our culture.

MsBuzzkillington

I had a friend on facebook who would posts 100's of pictures and add captions like "I am so cute, hehe!" "Oh, look at me here!" "Oh, wow, I look good!" "Don't you wish you were here with me, *wink wink*"

I personally think that is WAY more annoying that someone who thinks they are ugly and/or fat but is still able to put themselves out there. Some people may believe they are ugly, but not care just enough to be able to post a picture or create a youtube channel.

I had a friend on facebook who would posts 100's of pictures and add captions like "I am so cute, hehe!" "Oh, look at me here!" "Oh, wow, I look good!" "Don't you wish you were here with me, *wink wink*"

I actually don't really like the "Don't you wish your girlfriend is hot like me" song

*Amy*

I personally think that is WAY more annoying that someone who thinks they are ugly and/or fat but is still able to put themselves out there. Some people may believe they are ugly, but not care just enough to be able to post a picture or create a youtube channel.

I agree with you. I think modestyought to be one of the principles of everybody. But anyway, I must admit I hate it when people complain about their nervousness on some situation where I would feel much worse, or when they complain about some non-perfect physical issue when I am so bad-looking in general. But I think that they say it to relieave themselves, whereas we are much too preoccupied or ashamed to tell anyone about our fears. If we cared less, we would be able to talk about them.