I feel like I'm being targetted

U

userremoved

Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt the flow of things here.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You know... I used to be like that when I was a teen >_> This post spoke my mind and made me go back to the past, somehow.

Last edited:

ffeev223234

no1,
now you are talking funny stuff
I can be silly too, there is a party in the USA!
Please post more I enjoy reading the thoughts you have posted

Remus

Staff member
No1 are you a member of other forums? maybe try talking on forums that include more serious mental health problems. Your presence on these forums is often disruptive and maybe you really are at the wrong place, if you wont seek psychiatric help maybe people here could post some good ideas of forums to try with people of a similar disposition to yourself.

Lea

Banned
Well I find No1's posts interesting. At least he thinks, no matter how crazy his theories may sound. There's been so much clutter on this forum, people talking about nothing and doing nothing, so why discriminate No1. It is easy to tell someone with these thoughts that he is a mental case but who of you isn't. Every insane thinks he himself is sane :cool:.

206Raider

Whoa, what are you smoking? That is deep but I honestly think you need to print what you wrote and show it to a doctor. Your extremely paranoid, and your problems go much deeper than SA. I agree you don't need to discriminate against No1, I don't mind reading this stuff it's very interesting but I don't know if anybody here can really help you if you truly think what you wrote, you honestly should go to a doctor and see what they think. Best of luck to you man

Anubis

At this stage, I don't think a doctor will help. These are his beliefs, which he formulated after a ton of research and self-analysis. Telling him to goto a doctor now would be like telling a Christian to goto a doctor because he believes that Jesus brought back the dead (or any religion for that matter). A belief is a belief. You can't prove them true or false. Doctors can't do anything about it except introduce doubt. But that's not going to detract anyone from a belief they dearly hold, unless they themselves want to consider contradictory evidence - which itself is belief-based.

206Raider

You but he can understand them better, if I sat around all day for years and let my mind wonder I'm sure I would think of some weird thoughts but there is some help out there for the guy.

Lea

Banned
There is a number of people here who has irrational beliefs. Like if they don't do or say something, something bad will happen etc. It's called OCD and people like this are accepted here.

206Raider

I had OCD for awhile when I was 18 and I still have little things but I think I beat it and I'm stuck with SAD and I agree people like this should be accepted here, I'm just sayin he should seek help becuase that's pretty extreme

Remus

Staff member
Note: I have posted this on thetaobums.com, abovetopsecret.com socialphobia.com and here.

I had a look and they all give you pretty similar advice to the people here, even the buddists think it not a spiritual but mental health matter. Maybe follow that advice, see where it leads? One thing is true, no one here nor at those other places likes to see you suffer.

Remus

Staff member
There is a number of people here who has irrational beliefs. Like if they don't do or say something, something bad will happen etc. It's called OCD and people like this are accepted here.

I've got OCD but I've never had it to the point I beleived the world was out to get me, or there was some conspiracy or magic cast against me. Though I'm no professional, that sounds more like paranoid schizophrenia or something.

Maybe try posting the same story here No1:

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

see if anyone has any insights?

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
I think Einstein said something like: healthy reason is rubbish that we gathered until 18 years of age. What is normal and what isn't is very relative. I bet if you told people 100 or 200 years ago about mobile phones or internet, they would laugh you out. What, you type a message on this device and it's received by some other device, even overseas?? Etc. Things like that they would see as a miracle or impossible. If they found you with such a device, they would think you're a witch or a magician and burn you. And don't you think it is possible that today you get injected with a microchip and they might control you and make you a serial killer? It may well be possible, or soon in the future. Don't know why they would target exactly No1 though, what is the special knowledge that he has, I would like to know. No1 has also an interesting point that the negative thoughts may become autonome at some point and form some kind of force that controls you. I think No1 just read too much though and these things are messing around in his head because he becomes focused easily on what he reads and it sticks with him like glue. If you read some book about conspiracy, it's easy to become scared (like I did after reading one), or even convinced that they might target you. And esp. No1 has the tendency to become fanatically obsessed about things he focuses on.

i had similar thoughts when i was younger, but pursuing them too far wound up scaring the **** out of me. just consider that it's much more likely to be your unconscious mind than something 'out there' that is affecting you.